Quantcast
Sound Delux U195 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sound Delux U195
Old 8th March 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Sound Delux U195

Has anyone used this mic? I am looking to pick up a relative cheapy to take on the road with me. I have used the more expensive mics from them with good results.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Kaiser
Old 8th March 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
i own 2.
Old 8th March 2003
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Use it all the time. Great mic, very natural with an extended top. I can use it 9/10 times with excellent results. Good Luck!
Old 12th March 2003
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by NathanEldred
Use it all the time. Great mic, very natural with an extended top. I can use it 9/10 times with excellent results. Good Luck!
On what sources?
Thanks,
Old 12th March 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
On what sources?
It's killer on accoustic guitar. Very versatile on voice as well, what with the Fat and Locut switches
Old 12th March 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
kick, bass, drum sides, guitar, acoustic guitar
Old 12th March 2003
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
Yep, pretty much. I also works on the right voice...we all know that there is no one perfect mic for every voice so it's a good one to A/B/C/D during a session.
Old 12th March 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
I second that but will include voice. I recently did a recording where that ended up my only in the mix on the drums and voice. It was really cool.

for the drums it was really lucky placement and multiband compression. Sounded like I put a mic on everything (which I did but did not use them).

Mike
Old 12th March 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
U195

We used the U195 for Lead/BG vocals and acoustic guitars on and album project and it worked beautifully. We were able to AB against a Nueman M149 and we actually thought the U195 sounded better and made the vocals stand out in a nicer way. Of course YMMV. Great versatile mic.
Steve
Old 12th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Damnit, I need one of these things. What is it costing nowdays? I guess I'm going to save up. -GT3
Old 13th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I got my as a package deal. Langevin DVC $1400 and U195 $828. I can't say where I got them.(Don't want to betray the salesman's trust). Just giving you the figures to help you get a deal. They are both new new in box. Had to call around and negociate the price. I will do business with them again. Hope you can get as good or better deal. Sincerely, Don
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by alba359
I got my as a package deal. Langevin DVC $1400 and U195 $828. I can't say where I got them.(Don't want to betray the salesman's trust). Just giving you the figures to help you get a deal. They are both new new in box. Had to call around and negociate the price. I will do business with them again. Hope you can get as good or better deal. Sincerely, Don
Cool. I figure that I should be able to find one for about 850. I'm not tryin to cheat anybody out of food on the table, but I'm poor too. I need to establish a "frequent offender" relationship with a high end retailer. I have bought most of my high end stuff used, straight from the original owner.
Old 13th March 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by alba359
hmmmm tried doing the calling around thing. Apparently there are only something like 4 Soundelux dealers in the country right now and many of the old dealers are no longer with Soundelux. No matter how hard I tried not one would go under $1100.
Old 13th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Either I got this deal with the right salesman at the right time or mabe he marked up the price on the Langevin DVC to cover the cost of the mike. The DVC was delivered within a week, I had to wait about a month for delivery of the U195.
πŸ“ Reply