hi end multi channel converters? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
hi end multi channel converters?
Old 11th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by BattleAngel
siiiighhh.... whatever, I *HAVE* eight channels of cranesong A/D, and no two ways about it, it rocks. But jeez... the idea of the SLAM! or Trak2 is extremely tempting. So is the vipre, and PAL.... sigh!! Whatever, I suck at engineering anyway so I'm just going to try and avoid buying anything anytime soon anyway lol

oh common' .... for gearslut sake .... buy them dfegad all.

grggt grggt
Old 11th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Is anyone else interested in the Requisite PAL? I'm dying to check that out. If someone can find me a dealer on the east coast, I'd be glad to be a guinea pig for that unit ;-)
Old 12th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I hear you

You might think you suck but I'll bet if you check your mixes from a year ago, the new ones are better? We all sucked when we started and somedays we all still suck but slowly you get to know your gear and what you want it to do.
With regards to buying gear and gear lust check out everything but make sure you keep your wants seperate from your needs.

Half the stuff I have I needed and half is stuff I wanted. At some point they all integrate become tools and offer you options. Sounds like you're doing pretty good at this. I've never had a 'day' gig and after 30 years I still love going to work everyday. It's the music, not the boxes. The problem is that the boxes are so much ****ing fun. Stay with the Cranesong and when you need options try the Apogee.
It will bring a whole different set of colors and tools and you'll still have the Cranesong. Clients will go 'ooohh and aaahhh'. I know I do.
cheers,
chap
Old 12th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Send me a PM and I'll call Danny McKinny (He owns Requisite) for you. He's one of the nicest guys going and makes great stuff. Nobody eats at the same restaurant everynight. Your other option (which I also love) might be a Vox Box.
📝 Reply