Quantcast
PROFESSIONAL AUTO TUNER IN NYC - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PROFESSIONAL AUTO TUNER IN NYC
Old 3rd March 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
PROFESSIONAL AUTO TUNER IN NYC

So theres a pretty big name producer I do a lot of editing work for and he usually only does 2" work but I Auto Tune for him when its really bad. Unfortunatly I am 11 days into a 45 day record. So I have no time to do this. So what I am wondering is I have heard of these people that just do Auto Tune for a living or whatever. The guy can spend between a G to a G and a half on Auto Tuning but it needs to be artifact less. The singer is pretty ****ing awful but everything is at least within 50 cents of the intended pitch. So what I am asking is does anyone have number for someone in NYC who can do a artifactless auto tune job for that budget in the next 2 weeks???? The catches are the producer will need to be there and will be super anal that you cant hear the tuning.
Old 3rd March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
a professional auto-tuner? ?WTF?
oh my god, I can't believe it...what a crock.
wouldn't the engineer be able to do this?
or even the PT operator?
or how 'bout the producer getting his hands dirty?
gimme' a break people, do we really have to have a professional tuner for vocal tracks?
how 'bout the number of a vocal coach?
Old 3rd March 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
The producer engineer hates pro tools does it all on 2 inch doesnt wanna know it hates computer s so him doing it is out of the question. I have heard word of pro autotuners before. I am usually his go to pro tools guy. I just need someone who is gonna do an amasing job for him.
Old 4th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
wow. amazing, isn't it?

I would think there are PT operators aplenty here who can do it for ya...
Old 4th March 2003
Founder

I have a chum who works for Bijork, Puff Daddy & Mary J Blige who is cool with all that..

I will PM you his number!

Come on Mike, delegation? Its good to be the king!

Is that buget 'per song' ?

Or a TOTAL buget for an album?

Old 4th March 2003
SC
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Cannon,

If the producer is willing to work 30 miles into the suburbs, I can do it no problem.

-Or I suppose I could travel to him with my HD7 rig.

Guaranteed he won't be able to hear it, and it will be perfect. I use a combination of several tuning plugins, plus a ton of manual manipulation. I also adjust timbre, attack, etc. -even timing when needed, and when OK'd by the producer/ talent.

I am a vocal instructor as well as an engineer, so I have a particularly good sense of the subtleties involved in a good vocal performance.

I do this kind of work almost daily, and just happen to have a slow week coming up.

[email protected]

-but can you believe our world has come to this? !!
Old 4th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i invented a chip which is gonna be soldered to the singers brain ... call me for the operation fuuck heh
Old 4th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If your going to specialize in something.
Autotuning day in day out would blow your mind in no time.
But think again, if you can do it with less artifacts, do it quickly theirs a hell of a lot of work.
Old 4th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
sounds like speers having a lot of exprience and skills on that one !!! pick him & pay him ...
Old 4th March 2003
SC
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks, 5down, I agree !

Gear maniac wrote:
" If your going to specialize in something. Autotuning day in day out would blow your mind in no time."

Actually, if you do it at an extreme, picky level, where the producer is willing to pay for perfection, and the singer is ok with it all, it is not all that frustrating.

1: I look at it as a serious challenge (to make it truly transparent)

2: Once done, it gives a great sense of accomplishment, much the same as giving a good performance. Doing it really well is absolutely an art form, although a bizarre one for sure.

It is when you have to do "down and dirty" auto-tuning, even with graphical mode, that it can really suck. The limited budget, "just get it close" producer has lead-filled ears and "hey the people buying this **** don't know any better anyway" work. That kind of work would make me insane after a few days .rollz
Old 4th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have this mental image of a "pro-autotune" guy just inserting a telphone effect on the vocs and saying, "see, you can't hear any artifacts."
Old 6th March 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I can do it, but I am located in Singapore. (And Singapore is NOT in China)

If you / your producer are willinging to do it "offline", ie. you send me the Vocals and MMO in one Pro Tools session via ftp, give me a deadline, I tweak it, and ftp it back to you. I even have a ftp server if you need.

Let me know if you are interested. Send me a PM if you want.

Regards,
[Charles]
Old 11th March 2003
Gear Guru

Auto tuner

I do this work all the time. I have a 2" machine and all of the neccessary goodies. I'm in queens
πŸ“ Reply