Quantcast
Maybe a Sony MX-R100/ Radar setup...What do you think - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Maybe a Sony MX-R100/ Radar setup...What do you think
Old 14th February 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Maybe a Sony MX-R100/ Radar setup...What do you think

Thanks for all the input concerning my thinking on the pro tools set up, some good support and info. So tell me what you think of a set up including:

1. Sony DMX-R100
2. Radar 24 or 48 ch set up
3. software for editing (still pro tools or ?)

Thanks for all the serious suggestions and advice.
Sincerely,
Fool on the hill
Old 14th February 2003
Founder

The editing DAW only needs digital i/o if you have Radar, try to get the best converter set - Nyquist....
Old 14th February 2003
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I'd feed the RADAR with an analog console instead of the Sony. But I'm a jaded anti-digital pain in the ass. The digital world is too hard to keep up with upgrades, and it will have no value after a certain amount of time.

That said I seems like the Sony is the digital console to have if you can't pony up for and Oxford.

Are you talking about simple move this, fix that, only record the chorus vocal once stuff, or more intense editing? I understand the RADAR has pretty good editing, so you might not even need the DAW.
Old 16th February 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I have exactly this set-up in my B room ( the A room is a mostly analog room with a Neotek Elite/Studer/Radar set-up), and since I got the Sony the cheaper B room has begun stealing work from the A room. Clients and engineers love the sound of the Radar and the power of the Sony. I've mixed several albums where Radar mixes alternated between rooms A and B, and it's hard to tell them apart when you hear the final master.

I almost never use the PT/DP rigs I have; the vast majority of editing I do works fine on the Radar. If you're interested, there's more ruminations about this on my studio's site at www.wellspringsound.com-- good luck!
Old 16th February 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
you may want to go to The DMX-R100 Forum and see if there are any issues regarding the Sony that would affect what you want to do.
Old 16th February 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I would think the 02R96 certainly requires investigation...
Old 16th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Etnier
I would think the 02R96 certainly requires investigation...
RUN, RUN TO THE HILLS!!!!!

Sorry, I have a knee jerk reaction whenever I hear someone mention a Yomama digital mixer.....

All joking aside, I have had a DMX for almost 2 years, and it is rock solid, and sounds great. It also has a GUI that makes sense ( esp for those coming off analog)
πŸ“ Reply