The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
kurzweil ksp8 questions
Old 10th February 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
kurzweil ksp8 questions

I had a question or two for the ksp8 users out there. Is the unit capable of handling 4 stereo ins/outs? With the AES card, can one configure the unit for 2 stereo analog ins/outs, and two digital i/o's? Do the sounds change when you maxx out the unit? I've heard that there's a digital eq in the unit. How does this eq compare with other digital eq's-- is it closer to a Weiss or is it more like a Finalizer? Thanks.
Old 10th February 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
Re: kurzweil ksp8 questions

Quote:
Originally posted by springman
I had a question or two for the ksp8 users out there. Is the unit capable of handling 4 stereo ins/outs?
With the 'analog I/O extension' board it is...

Quote:
With the AES card, can one configure the unit for 2 stereo analog ins/outs, and two digital i/o's?
I believe you can...

Quote:
Do the sounds change when you maxx out the unit?
I don't think I've ever "maxxed out" the unit... but I have had it busier than a one armed paper hanger with the crabs... and never experienced a change in tone nor texture.

Quote:
I've heard that there's a digital eq in the unit. How does this eq compare with other digital eq's-- is it closer to a Weiss or is it more like a Finalizer?
More like a Z Systems "Q2"... the converters are way clearer sounding than the converters in the Finalizer... so the character of the EQ is greatly affected by the clarity of the conversion process...
📝 Reply