Quantcast
Need suggestions for drum loop library. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need suggestions for drum loop library.
Old 19th January 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Need suggestions for drum loop library.

Hi, I'm a songwriter with a new HD rig and I have an entire blank hard disk just waiting to be filled with different drum beats to help me with songwriting. It would be so much faster, easier and more inspiring to have a bunch of drum loops at my disposal to help me with my rough drafts of songs.
Can you guys give me some ideas of products I can get that have a lot of nice drum grooves or loops ranging from guitar oriented pop rock to modern heavy metal (Goo Goo dolls to Godsmack) I'm new at this and will appreciate any tips for building and organizing a library of drum beats.
Thanks fellow sluts...and btw, I got my hd core card for $4,000 (used) Not bad for a noob like me.
Cheers,
Steve
Old 19th January 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Spectrasonics Stylus is definately one to check out and although that might not be the style you're looking for, groove control would let you create the beats you want very easy. The samples sound great.

Burning Grooves (also Spectrasonics) is one of my favourite "traditional" loop libraries to start from. I have it in Akai format and recently transformed it into a Sampletank Library for easy integration with ProTools.
Old 19th January 2003
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 15 years
There isn't a lot out there for songwriters and rockers. Most drum loop CD's seem to be aimed at the dance market - in one form or other.
Spectrasonics Stylus would be a great way to fill up your drive. Looks like there is tons of material there. To be honest I've heard mixed reports on the content - you either love it or hate it.
I personally would not recommend 'Burnin'Grooves' as I think it sounds dated AND as all the snares are very tightly tuned and all the kicks quite low in volume, as soon as you put a few instruments with the drums all you can hear is (a rather annoying) snare.
Spectrosionics were about to release a CD called 'Backbeat'.....don't know if they ever did, but it sounded promising. As far as out and out rock is concerned, there are products from both Steve Smith (Journey) and Joey Kramer (Aerosmith). They sound good and the playing is excellent. The problem is there is very little variation.
So you pays your money and you takes your choice as they say.
Old 19th January 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Thanks guys. I don't need the quality to be top notch or to have it spread across 8 tracks like the discrete drum stuff. I just want to get a bunch of stereo samples of a wide variety of drum beats mainly in the pop/rock/metal spectrum to slap down for rough drafts. I will pay a real drummer when it counts. My days of sitting at my Triton bangin outa guitar player's version of a drum beat are over.
I'll check out the ones you guys have mentioned and welcome any more suggestions.
Thanks again,
Steve
๐Ÿ“ Reply