Quantcast
Does Ptools require direct outs to sound good? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does Ptools require direct outs to sound good?
Old 20th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My point is that I haven't had to learn or change anything when I started using the Fairlight. My stuff sounds the way It's supposed to. I don't have to worry about summing boxes, external clock devices 3rd party converters and all that nonsense. The Failright sounds great, and musical right out of the box.
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Henchman
My point is that I haven't had to learn or change anything when I started using the Fairlight. My stuff sounds the way It's supposed to. I don't have to worry about summing boxes, external clock devices 3rd party converters and all that nonsense. The Failright sounds great, and musical right out of the box.
Hench for the $$ they get for one of those it had better
You can get into HD for $7k which is pretty nice for those of us in smaller markets. Comparing HD to a fairlight is sort of like comparing fairlight to a Studer/ssl combo isn't it, I mean as far as dollars? I don't know if there are any music studios in the states with fairlights, I know they are big in post, do you do alot of post?
I've never heard one, but they look real nice, I hope to be in a place someday where I could even think about trying/ buying one

take care
daniel
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm pretty sure, once you add up allt eh stuff you really need to do a fullbklown session, you're far and above 7k.
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Henchman
I'm pretty sure, once you add up allt eh stuff you really need to do a fullbklown session, you're far and above 7k.
Its seems not everyone is in agreement about needing external clocks or converters with HD I would rather put the$$ into pres and mics. I think I have $12k in my HD1 setup with the 192 i/o and I guess I can do up to 96 tracks, though I've never been over 40 or so. As I mentioned the low entrance cost, widespread use, portablility,and 3rd party support make it hard to ignore.
It sounds very good right out of the box, as good as a fairlight?
I've never seen a comparison so I don't know.
Is the prodigy the "low end"? Thats $70k for 24 tracks?Looks really cool, but pretty hard to find pricing on these rigs. Take care,
daniel
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Actually, there new dream series is the way to go. I think you can
get a 48 track system with control system, complete surround system with 56 channel mixer. All the synch functions, machine control, etc, control surface for around $50-60k.
Now this gives you full surround monitor controlsd etc., and the added advantage of 48 tracks of 96k on a single drive. And 48 chanels of I/O.

Add up you're purchase of a computer, all the I/O to record a full band (at least (24), synchronozer(if you want to lock to anything) etc, and a good control surface, and the figure ends up being a bit higher.
Old 21st January 2003
Founder

Can you edit to a BPM tempo grid now in Fairlight ?- as STANDARD? (Not a weird workaround)

Any strides forward for us music folks by Fairlight recently?

Tell us!
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Can you edit to a BPM tempo grid now in Fairlight ?- as STANDARD? (Not a weird workaround)

Any strides forward for us music folks by Fairlight recently?

Tell us!
Actually, turned out that the click I generated was done in a ****ed up way.

Creating a tempo grid is easy. I've been doing quite a bit of music lately, including my bands CD. Full drum editing etc. Works great Sounds great. 48 tracks on a single drive.

Mark
Old 22nd January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Here's a link to a song of one of the bands I'm working with.

Crashing Down
πŸ“ Reply