Quantcast
OT: GO TITANS! BOO RAIDERS! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
OT: GO TITANS! BOO RAIDERS!
Old 15th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
OT: GO TITANS! BOO RAIDERS!

Yeah, yeah. The Raiders are great....blah, blah, blah.

I've always been a sucker for the underdog. May the Titans royally paste the Raiders this Sunday.

(I realize this has nothing to do with audio. But all work and no play sucks. I like football.)

Regards,
Brian T
Old 15th January 2003
Craneslut

🎧 15 years
Hey, Brian , you wrote it wrong. It should be read:

Go Bucs, beat the Feebles...

I'll let it slide this time...
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sir, I must remind you that this is a forum dedicated to all things audio, and because of that I must emphatically declare that the Raiders will squish the Titans with help from the 120+ db eminating from 'the Black Hole.'

heh

dfegad Titans
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
"Hey E and Thrill

Save this post.

2004 Is all SAINTS YEAR."

Bawhahaha.... Said it before ( https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthrea...4115#post24115 on the 28th of December) and I'll say it again... Bucs gonna take it all the way.
Old 16th January 2003
tee
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I wouldn't mind seeing Raiders go down, but I doubt they will. The real action is Eagles vs. Bucs - I think the Eagles will beat them again, with a little help from the weather ....... Tampa Bay will be freezing their collective nuts off instead of playing FB.
Old 16th January 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Screw that--GO SKINS!!!... errr....

maybe next year.

For what's it's worth, I'm definitely rooting for Titans--hard not to admire McNair this year--but they're gonna have a tough time in Oak-town.

Best of luck to 'em, though.
Old 16th January 2003
Craneslut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue
"Hey E and Thrill

Save this post.

2004 Is all SAINTS YEAR."
The Aints? You serious?

Quote:
Bucs gonna take it all the way.
Man, I hope so. Grew up in Orlando and it was hard being a Bucs fan for many years. Got ragged like crazy. Now everybody wants to be one...

Man, I hope we kill the Feebles...
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ha! I grew up just north of Tampa. I still have my ugly orange jersey, and a "Dilfer" () red jersey. After all these years... dare a boy dream?
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The Eagles will NOT lose to the Bucs. You can cross that item off your list of things that might possibly happen this coming Sunday.

And it's got NOTHING to do with the weather, or the temperature, in Philly.

First off: The Eagles defence will shut down Brad Johnson's passing game with the blitz, early and often. The Bucs will then try to fall back on Alstott, against a defence that allows very few rushing yards. This is nothing new, we've been there before.

Second off: Warren Sapp will not be a factor, never has been against Philly, and even less so with our present offensive package. Duce Staley + McNabb's rushing abilities renders TB's blitz null and void. And our short-passing game is lethal. Look forward to a West-Coast Offensive scheme in full effect. The Eagles will grind down TB's defence with long excruciating scoring drives.

It comes down to coaching, folks. Andy Reid learned the system from Mike Holmgren, passed down from Bill Walsh. Look at the consistency the Eagles have demonstrated throughout this entire season. It shows you that all those years under Holmgren and Walsh, Coach Reid was paying attention, studying, and learning his lessons. This is a team with both breadth and depth of talent, running on a VERY patient system, guided by a VERY patient coach.

The Bucs are good, they're flashy and cute. But they will be playing against a machine on Sunday, a machine that doesn't care who they're playing, or where or under what conditions. They don't even care who their ****ing quarterback is, for chrissakes. Their defence is a bulldozer from east to west. Their offense is a bulldozer from north to south.

Eagles 21, Bucs 10.

The Titans made a great run, but they're so beat up and depleted by injuries at this point, I'm surprised they survive the flight to the west coast. Rich Gannon & company on the other hand, at home?? Fughettaboutit!

Oakland 28, Tennessee 6.
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Since I'm nuts anyway, I'll hang it out on a prediction or two.

I think Eddie George just might have his best game in a long time. Did you seem him on the sidelines after he was knocked out against the Steelers? Totally pacing and wanting back in. Caged tiger. Can't happen the same game, of course. Too dangerous, given the sometimes delayed effects of a concussion. But I think dude will unload on Sunday, just because.

IF Eddie has a 100 yard game (or he and Holcombe combine for 150) and IF McNair stays as hot as he was last week, it's gonna be a very long day for the Raiders and all bets are off on the winner. The Titans had the highest time of possesion average in the regular season, IIRC.

I also predict that some good players will go out of the game and miss the Super Bowl, whoever wins. The Titans are pretty brutal on hits. If Kearse and Carter get going, Gannon could be in for some grief. There will be some head knockin' on both sides of the ball.

Honestly, of the two teams I do think the Raiders can put more talent on the field. But the Titans have a way of losing the games they should win, and winning the games they are supposed to lose. I expect it to be a great game.

Well, that's what I think. Remember, Fisher is 3-1 vs the Raiders.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yo Curve,

I didn't see your post till after I finished mine. 28-6, you say. 22 point spread. Hmmm. tut

I got $20 that says it's closer than 14 points.

And...........

Regards,
Brian
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
posted by BrianT:
I got $20 that says it's closer than 14 points.
That's a bet.
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Oh, and by the way, Brian, (and this doesn't affect our bet, that's a done-deal),
Quote:
posted by BrianT:
given the sometimes delayed effects of a concussion
That's called "cubular-trauma." It's a common phenomenon in boxing as well as in football and any other high-contact sport: The gradual build-up of the effects of head trauma over time. You see this whenever you see an athlete gets a seemingly tame hit, but the athlete is knocked-out like it was a huge hit. It's the manifestation of cumulative hits which makes the cranial cavity gradually more vunerable.

In other words, Eddie George will be avoiding hits like that this coming weekend, if he's smart.
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Curve Dominant
The Eagles will NOT lose to the Bucs.
That's just crazytalk. Did you miss what the number 1 defense in the league did to the 49ers?

I feel no need to predict next week so:

Superbowl: Bucs: 32 Oakland : 14
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
posted by e-cue:
Did you miss what the number 1 defense in the league did to the 49ers?
e-cue,

No, I did not miss one minute of that matchup. My pops and I watched that game from beginning to end. We both agreed that the 49ers looked like a weak and lame team, out of their depth, on a road playoff match. What was surprising was not that the 49ers lost, but that they were even in the playoffs in the first place.

TB is not playing the 49ers in Tampa this Sunday, in case you didn't notice. They will be playing against Coach Andy Reid's Philadelphia Eagles, here in Vet Stadium.

My condolences.
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Curve... Bet time part 2:

I plan on playing this months contest for the Little labs stuff. How about this:

We both do the contest... If you win the contest and the bucs beat the eagles, you give me the prize. If I win the contest, and the eagles perform a miricle (no matter how cold it is) and win, then I give you the prize. Deal?

note: NO SPREAD...
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Titans all the way! Far as I'm concerned, this is a great season for the Houston Oilers...even if they are wearing funky Tennessee uniforms.

Luv Ya Blue...
Old 16th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Yeah, I still have a hard time routing for the Titans. Kind of like an ex-girlfriend... you have to at least say "wish you the best".

Go Titans... mmkay
Old 16th January 2003
Craneslut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Ha! I grew up just north of Tampa. I still have my ugly orange jersey, and a "Dilfer" () red jersey. After all these years... dare a boy dream?
hehe, nice.

I happily retired my old white w/orange/red trim hats when they changed color schemes. But those old hats sure got a lot of wear and tear...
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Just north of Tampa eh? Tarpon Springs is my home town...

I only hope that filly doesn't get stomped too badly this Sunday.... for Curve's sake.
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Anyone want a used coach? heh

The Mooch is on the loose. As in, cut loose.

What no one is talking about is the made-for-TV drama of having the Raiders beat their old coach in the Stuper Bowl.

It's like a reality show on Fox.
Old 16th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Check out this page of stats comparing the Titans and Raiders in recent games.

Here

I think you'll be surprised. How about McNair with a higher QB rating with Gannon? How about total points, points allowed, third down conversions, etc being close for both teams.

Blowout? Nah. A dog fight is more like it.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 16th January 2003
Craneslut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by BrianT
Blowout? Nah. A dog fight is more like it.
No doubt - the Titans find a way to win (11 out of thier last 12). I also believe that the 'blowout' from earlier in the season does two things: 1] gives the Titans incentive for kicking butt and 2] give the Raiders a false sense of security...

Bucs/Titans superbowl!
Old 17th January 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by David R.
What no one is talking about is the made-for-TV drama of having the Raiders beat their old coach in the Stuper Bowl.

It's like a reality show on Fox.
...except that it would be good.
Old 17th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Remember, Jon Gruden coached here in Philly too, as the offensive coordinator under Ray Rhodes.

I like Gruden. He's a good guy and an excellent coach. TB has improved noticably under Gruden. Honestly I believe the Eagles have TB out-matched this weekend, but I can see TB right back in the championships next year.
Old 17th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Kris
Just north of Tampa eh?
Small hick town: Lakeland

You can take a man out of Polk County, but you can't take Polk County out of a man.
Old 17th January 2003
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Ahh yes, lots of cow patties and shroom fields out that-a-way... at least that's what I heard???yuktyy heh
Old 17th January 2003
Craneslut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Small hick town: Lakeland

You can take a man out of Polk County, but you can't take Polk County out of a man.
Cool - though we lived on the other side of Orlando from Lakeland (we lived in Lake Mary) we used to cruise over and catch some spring training in Lakeland every year...

I have good memories of that town.
Old 17th January 2003
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Curve Dominant
That's called "cubular-trauma." It's a common phenomenon in boxing as well as in football and any other high-contact sport: The gradual build-up of the effects of head trauma over time. You see this whenever you see an athlete gets a seemingly tame hit, but the athlete is knocked-out like it was a huge hit. It's the manifestation of cumulative hits which makes the cranial cavity gradually more vunerable.
Can you say Steve Young? I'll be surprised if the poor guy doesn't end up like Muhammed Ali. Not trying to be funny here, either.
Old 17th January 2003
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
So many teams owe their gameplans to the Walsh/Montana/Clark/Craig/Young/Rice/Garner/Rathman (ok, I admit the Niners haven't had a great running game in 20 years). Just look at the legacy spead out across the league in the coaching positions. It would be a totally different game if not for the origins of the West Coast Offense in the 80's. All your teams have Grand Guru Walsh to thank for it. Not to mention he hand picked another Hall of Famer to-be QB in Garcia.

FWIW, the Raiders will be playing the eagles in the SB.

Raiders 22, Eagles 17
πŸ“ Reply