low cost, but high end highs?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
low cost, but high end highs??
Old 3rd January 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
low cost, but high end highs??

so check this out...

I found a pair of these big gold potentiometer looking things that said Langevin EQ 266 on them..didn't know what they were, but they looked cool and said Langevin so I bought them...paid $40

didn' t know what to do with them, but they had three prongs on the back of them... in, out, and case.

I figured what the hell...took two xlr cables and split them and wired them both up the same, using case as the ground...thought maybe this will do something...

then thought okay this is probably going to be funny but lets see if they pass signal...

I took a mix and ran it through them.

The mix dropped about 12db in volume, but as I turned the pots, I noticed high end being add that sounded pretty damn good...cranked them full and there was a ton of high end, but for how much there was...it still sounded really good...sounded like it was centered around 10k with a very even curve...

kind of a one trick pony, but hey....Nice trick!!!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…