Quantcast
Ever see one of these? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ever see one of these?
Old 27th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Ever see one of these?

Post a pic (small) of some piece of gear that you can't remember WHY you have it, HOW you got it or more importantly . . HOW TO GET RID of it.

No hip, vintage stuff allowed. Just the "butt wrinkler" pieces that everytime you see them, something happens and your sphincter tightens up . . . cause you don't remember why you have them or why you keep moving them with you everytime you move the studio the past 20 years.

Here is a 'Nova Stereo Aphex Exciter' ( I actually DO remember HOW I got it)
. . . . . . actually, on top of that SUPER high end piece of gear is a Beyer 714 (that I actually do use), but have never seen another of.

Jules . .is this ok to do if we keep sizes way down?

Anyone know anything about a Nova Stereo Aphex Exciter? BTW . .it's built like a tank. 1,000 times better then an Aphex. I have thrown this thing around and NOTHING on it will break . . believe me, I've tried my best!

Bids start now! *smile*
Attached Thumbnails
Ever see one of these?-nova.jpg  
Old 28th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
KEE-RIST-MAS jeez,knox, i used to have two of those mics....but never used em.....sold for $60 a piece...several years back.....the other thing looks like a sears recording piece...or maybe wal-mart....but hey...it does say APHEX on it so it must be licensed to use their process....who nows....
Old 28th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I use the mic sometimes for a hat mic or a brassy ride cym mic.

The Aphex thing is used to make sure a box isn't empty around here. Rick Derringer is a friend (or used to be, haven't seen him in years). People and companies used to give him all kinds of crap. He had a back room that had all kinds of **** in it that he was throwing out once as he was moving. I was over there for some reason before the moving truck got there.

It had all kinds of stuff in it, echoplexes, master tapes, wierd stomp boxes, etc . . . MUCH cooler then this. WHY / HOW I walked out with that over something useful . . I don't know. I could have walked out with everything in the room . . he didn't care. I also walked out with a safety copy of Hang On Sloopy now that I think about it. I remember seeing the master of Frankenstein or a back up laying on the ground half un spooled.

I really didn't know what to look for back then (early 80s). Rick is a interesting guy . . he didn't care about 'stuff'. He really is a true guitarist in every sense of the word. One of the best I have ever seen and highly under rated. As long as he had his guitar and an amp . . he didn't seem to care about owning a lot of other crap. I remember asking him about the Frankenstein tape and was he really going to leave it . . he just smiled. I wonder if he did.
๐Ÿ“ Reply