Quantcast
Echo choice for live guitar work - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Echo choice for live guitar work
Old 24th December 2002
Capitol Studios Paris

🎧 15 years
Echo choice for live guitar work

Jay-Cee, who is one of my studio partners and a rock guitarist, needs to find a versatile programmable echo unit for live work on the road.

Something rugged and good-sounding, with 20+ patch memories and available with the option of a sturdy footswitch-style patch selector.

Any recommendations? TC, Zoom, Line 6?

Thanks all.

Jon
Old 24th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've got the Line 6 stomp box and LOVE it. i checked out the Rack mount version as well.....really cool. make sure he at least gives it a listen (i use low fi delay alot on drum tracks, hi passed and shifted back in the DAW )
Old 24th December 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I've been pretty happy with the Line 6 DL4 delay/loop stompbox but since it only has three patch memories it may not fit your partner's needs. For the price, sound quality and ease of use, I really dig it. In addition to the three memories, it has a fourth switch for tap tempo. Nice. The big catalog houses here have been blowing out the rack-mount versions for $299 and they are supposedly even better-sounding than the stomp-boxes. You'll need some kind of midi controller for the rack-mount version but if you want the tap temp feature I think you need to use a dedicated Line 6 controller. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the digital-sounding feedback if pushed into oscillation; unlike real tape it gets quite metallic.
Old 24th December 2002
There is only one

🎧 15 years
moogerfooger analog delay... but no programmable patches and no longer made... but using an expression pedal on them is way better than patches.
Old 24th December 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
A valuable implementation to rack mount guitar effects would be digital inputs. It would be very useful to bypass the crap converters found in most rack gtr effects boxes. Who makes one with digital in? Anybody?

The Korg KSP8 has this, but it's definitely more of a studio effects box.
Old 24th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
TC Electronics D2..

It goes for like 400 USD ( I think) Sounds good, lots of memory, plenty of time, and tap tempo right on the front ( you can also select delay by time or tempo # and subdivision..

I am not sure if there is an attachment for a foot controller for tap though ( they live in my rack in the studio , havent seen the back for 2 years )
Old 24th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Electro Harmonix Memory Man sounded pretty cool to me. It's more of a rootsy analog sound then high tech. Come to think of it . . not able to store patches.
Old 24th December 2002
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
The Korg KSP8 has this, but it's definitely more of a studio effects box.

I've been trying out all kinds of fx boxes for my guitar rig the past coupla months. I love the KSP8, its versatile enough to be used as a guitar multifx, and in my future home studio. The FX on that baby are the sweetest. Eventide is also gr8, but way too expensive. I'll be getting my KSP8 soon .
πŸ“ Reply