Quantcast
Distressor????Who has the best price?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Distressor????Who has the best price??
Old 22nd December 2002
no ssl yet ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ
Distressor????Who has the best price??

I'm in the market for a distressor. How much?? Where??? Didn't EL just do a dip on prices????
Old 22nd December 2002
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I wouldยดnt pay more than 500 bucks.....
Old 22nd December 2002
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I think Mercenaryaudio.com has the best service.

(If the price is within 10-15% of others, who gives a ****)
Old 22nd December 2002
There is only one

๐ŸŽง 15 years
ditto... ill buy 4 today for $500ea.
Old 23rd December 2002
no ssl yet ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ
What's a good price for a used unit no british mod???
Old 23rd December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Seems like the price for non-Brit EL-8's hovers around $1,200 on eBay. A pair recently sold for $2,125, which is a great price.
Old 23rd December 2002
Founder

I want 2 x PT Mix Farms (not the old ones) for my 2 Distressors! (have 3 ditching 2)

Old 23rd December 2002
no ssl yet ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ
Jules I feel ya, I really need mix farms also.
Old 23rd December 2002
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I just picked up a new one with brit mod for 1450'ish. According to the sales people I spoke with, EL issued a couple of contradictory price changes and it created a bit of chaos for awhile. I would definately try to score one soon.
Old 23rd December 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by no ssl yet
Jules I feel ya, I really need mix farms also.
Are Mix farms scarce now?

That would suck 'cos I plan to expand my Mix system eventually. I don't want to take the HD plunge until necessary, which could be awhile.
Old 24th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Mix farms seem to be holding their price pretty well, better than I thought they might by now. I don't know how often they turn up second hand. I bought an extra card last year pre-HD, the price seems to have GONE UP since then.
Old 24th December 2002
no ssl yet ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ
I believe Digi is making them scarce by buying back stock from dealers, and through upgrade programs

Prices do seem to be going up
I'll probably end up with an expansion chasis and a bunch of DSP farms since they seem to be going down

I'd still like at least one used mix farm
Old 24th December 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Hmm, prices of Mix farms going up... I don't like the sound of that! These transitions from one PT generation to the next are never very smooth.

Regarding Distressor prices, I can recommend Pacific Pro Audio in Seattle, Wa. (800-932-7524) They have amazingly good prices on everything, to the point that the fellow at Studio Tech Supply wondered aloud to me how they could afford to sell some items for so low.

If you want a doubled warranty and reasonable (but not great) prices, try Mercenary.

I don't work for Pacific, or have stock in their company, or a girlfriend who works there, or money hidden in a safe under the store (well, they might have some of my money there, but...). Just a happy customer.
Old 24th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jax
Hmm, prices of Mix farms going up... I don't like the sound of that! These transitions from one PT generation to the next are never very smooth.

Jax, that's just my general experience/impression. I haven't spent real time researching it or anything!

heh
Old 24th December 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Every little bit of word on the street helps, Renie.

Thanks! yuktyy <---- world's second perpetual motion x-mas tree ornament
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…