DA-40 Arrrrrrrrrghhhhh!!!! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DA-40 Arrrrrrrrrghhhhh!!!!
Old 20th December 2002
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
DA-40 Arrrrrrrrrghhhhh!!!!

Greetingz fellow gearslutz!!

I just wanted to put this out there and see if anyone has any similar experience.

Today I had to do a DAT recording of a shareolder's annual meeting and I used a Tascam DA-40. First there was a rehearsal....went smooth...good levels. So, about 20 mins before the metting started...I sent my signal from the Gentner to the webcast guys...they called me saying it was clean....then put the DA-40 in record-pause......no signal....nothing. Swapped out cables, switched auxes...still nothing....switched inputs on the DA-40....STILL NOTHING!! The meeting starts.....BAM... from out of nowhere the levels are back!! Nedless to say I was relieved...I hit record. About 2 minutes later, the machine comes out of "record" and goes into "play"....what the hell?....put it in record again and watch the machine...about 30 secs later it just stops!!! I put it in record again.....fortunately that was the last of the DAT phantom (not the 48 volt kind). ANYWHO.....has anyone had these kind of problems with the DA-40.....or share your experiences with freak gear problems....??

Happy Holidays!!

Matt
Old 20th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Matt . . . in the drop outs . . . just insert some lines from the Spinal Tap movie.
They will never know the difference. I can think of many that will work.
Old 20th December 2002
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Knox
Matt . . . in the drop outs . . . just insert some lines from the Spinal Tap movie.
They will never know the difference. I can think of many that will work.

Hmmmmm....good idea Knox....I'm thinking Jazz Odyssey.heh

Matt
Old 20th December 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Check out Big Bottom . . . there has to be some things in there that corporate types can relate to.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…