The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Yamaha SREV-1 sampling reverb
Old 16th December 2002
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Yamaha SREV-1 sampling reverb

Has anyone checked one out yet?

I love the original Rev 1 and this has almost the same numbers(Probably the only thing they have in common), so I am hoping this one lives up to its reputation.

I know its a sampling reverb(similar to the Sony), but was curious to see if anyone had a chance to put it through its paces.

Thanks.
Old 16th December 2002
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by LiquidStrat
If you'll allow me to tag along...

Just put the KSP8 into action. Yikes! I immediately unplugged the 224xl gooey Lexicon.

The lex has a meld, smokiness, familiarity to it- a bad drug that I learned to like and hate. The Kurzweil is so damn honest and starkeness I was not liking it first but now, man, the sound is true! Like a real tight room! ....in fact.....it makes me change my listening.

****ing purity~! A real acoustic space versus algorythm - I mean at first it sounds like ****. Cold, smacky, but then I'm hearing the god-blasstit bottom skin of every tom and asking myself **** am I in the ****ng room or what? dang. I can hear tell you every speaker in the 8x10 bass amp too!- no bull. every string in the bass git. Hell I can hear the lips against the fargin mic! Yes, sir!

Have to figure-out the gain. So far I'd guess the input is weak. Learning about the unit I must... I guess I'm hammering it up front.

RRRRRRRemarkeable box though. enought to mention because it is so clean! and Real. And, the Flange is kiler too...

wow.

Box, tone, color = transparent. Pretty damn real.

I have one already.

Got a good deal on the Yamaha that's why i am asking.

Thanks anyway.

By the way, sometimes gooey is needed over transparency.
Old 16th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
ask David Frangioni..we spplied one to him...BTW..he also has a Sone DRE777
Old 17th December 2002
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by LiquidStrat
neat-o bandeat-o. Get the Yammy and tell-us! I love rubber and just picked up the EMU Vintage Pro for that very reason, the gooey. Serioulsy lusted for the new and real Mellotron and still might belly up to the bar on it.

Thrill, would love to buy you Fish-n-chips at Telephone or your favorite place!
Hi Liquidstrat,

Anytime!!!

My new control room should be up and running in Feb.

I was actually thinking it would be a good idea for any of the guys on the forum who were zipping through NYC and wanted to try some gear they were interested in buying(used or new, if I have it).

I have partners who produce, but I always have some downtime. It wouldn't bother me a bit. Maybe we could try shootouts and stuff. The only thing my booth will be small( probably 5'x6'x9'), since these days I only track vocals.

Peace.
Old 17th December 2002
There is only one

🎧 15 years
convolution reverbs are cool. i use my altiverb all the time... kills algorithmic verbs when you just want space added.

i'd get it if you were getting a good deal... i dont know how good the impulse responses are with the yamama but thats where the quality relaly lies with the units.
πŸ“ Reply