Quantcast
V241 vs. V76 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
V241 vs. V76
Old 6th December 2002
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
V241 vs. V76

just a few seconds ago i got a offer for a pair of V241 preamps. the guy told me, they were build by lorenz in the former east germany.

the only hint on the web i found was on tab funkenwerks site where the history and some features were described.

the V241 was the follow-up of the V41 and is quite similar to the famous V76 with other tubes.

but the question is how does it sound?

the guy told me its fabulous like the V76 with the highs but adds lows, he said there´s more belly, but no capot. do you understand? yuktyy

now tell me what do you think about the V241

and how much is it worth?
Old 18th November 2010
TRA
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
How do they sound?
Old 19th November 2010
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagarinec ➡️
just a few seconds ago i got a offer for a pair of V241 preamps. the guy told me, they were build by lorenz in the former east germany.

the only hint on the web i found was on tab funkenwerks site where the history and some features were described.

the V241 was the follow-up of the V41 and is quite similar to the famous V76 with other tubes.

but the question is how does it sound?

the guy told me its fabulous like the V76 with the highs but adds lows, he said there´s more belly, but no capot. do you understand? yuktyy

now tell me what do you think about the V241

and how much is it worth?
i have never used them personally. but all my friends who have v76s are using them just as well. if you dont buy it, please give me the contact. but you should buy it.... if you have a proper tech handy and are prepared to invest a few hundred quid on recapping, racking, new tubes etc. dont expect such old modules to perform properly after all these years. they almost never do.
Old 19th November 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I got a pair. They are lovely.

If you don't want them. I will buy them. thumbsup

Salomander is right. You best get a serious tech to check those out.

Where are you? Europe? Or USA?

Andreas Grosser works on all of my preamps from Germany. HE studiotechnik and himself do a superior job.

Expensive if you are on the US Dollar but good stuff.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…