Quantcast
Christmas coming up - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Christmas coming up
Old 4th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Christmas coming up

God every year around this time I go through the same agony and pain ..... what should I ask Santa for Christmas.

I have to be reasonable this year ... I just finished re-organising my appartment together with my GF who's moving in with me in January. Even bought her a nice 500$ Fiat Punto. I over budgetted the appartment update (thanks to IKEA heh ) so I think I should reward my efforts in saving money by giving myself a little something for X-mas.

Help me get myself a nice 1,000 $ present.
Old 4th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm getting myself some Sytek's for christmas, but that may not fit your bill.

Do you have a tape echo, like a re-201? That's a great peice for under $1000. Sometimes I feel like they are actually instruments as well as effects. With the regeneration and motor speed control, you can really "play" it like an instrument.
Old 4th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ditto above post! They're fun and a great way for the engineer to actually play something on the record without stepping on the band's toes.
Old 4th December 2002
Founder

I think you need a Galaxy "phase clicker' from Mercenary Audio !!! and a few more sm57's!

& just for sh!ts and giggles - swap two Mix Farm refurbs for two Distressors from me!

Old 4th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
I think you need a Galaxy "phase clicker' from Mercenary Audio !!! and a few more sm57's!

& just for sh!ts and giggles - swap two Mix Farm refurbs for two Distressors from me!

LOL .... I wish we had 2 .... would have been stalking you on your mobile by now.
Old 4th December 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'd pick up a Royer R 121 if you don't have one already.

Then again, ribs might not be your thang.
Old 5th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jax

hmmm .... good idea ... I'll put that one on the list.
Old 5th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey Chris

How about a non-gear treat?!!!

Something nice just for you personally-object or experience- an untypical indulgence/experiment maybe?

Or something in-between, a luxury for your studio, a picture or piece to inspire you and bring you joy.....
Old 5th December 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Now that's a novel thought!

Aren't we all a little too attached to our cold, metal boxes?

Maybe a vacation would do Chris's soul some justice.
Old 5th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I know what .... JULES ...... give me the exact model , brand , serial number , year of manufacturing of your espresso machine. Better yet .... let me have it.
Old 5th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Renie
Hey Chris

How about a non-gear treat?!!!

Something nice just for you personally-object or experience- an untypical indulgence/experiment maybe?

Or something in-between, a luxury for your studio, a picture or piece to inspire you and bring you joy.....

It is for thoughts like these that god created the female .... thank you god.
Old 5th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
heh heh heh heh
Old 5th December 2002
Founder

"I know what .... JULES ...... give me the exact model , brand , serial number , year of manufacturing of your espresso machine. Better yet .... let me have it."

It cost Β£5 second hand, and you will have to prize it out of my dead, cold and burnt fingers to get it!

THAT'S GIVEN ME AN IDEA!

MMMMMMmmmmmmm!

LETS KICK SOME ASS!

Old 5th December 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Jules eBay that 'ol mix rig and get HD, besides you read all the hype on the digi home page ! (haha) Then you'd only need HD5 instead of Mix+15. heh

I may have been good enuf this year for Mrs. Santa to bring me that Soundelux U99 I'm lusting...we'll see... yuktyy
Old 6th December 2002
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
If it wasn`t for I bought them myself, I would recommend the two Hardy IM-200 micpre/eq modules I have on my way from Mercenary!
heh

Amund
Old 7th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jax

I just got 2 of the active 122's!. One of the greatest purchases I'll make in my career. The backside on vocals? Riddddddddiculious. The front end into an MP-2 A designs on horns is the greatest horn chain I have EVER used. The frequency repsonse of these puppies elimates the need for an eq unless you want your destenation sound to sound different than the source. Instead of eq, you use mic placement. These mic's will make your life easier. Set them up on an amp , if the producer says "It sounds too harsh", then you gotta tweak the amp, not your chain. Can't say enough about them. They make recording more fun to me.
πŸ“ Reply