The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Chandlerholics Anonymous
Old 18th November 2014 | Show parent
Baz
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by burns46824 ➡️
I can't use Chandler products. Tons of EMF interference. Tried both the TG and the Germanium preamps...
Thankfully, you're in the minority, as it's not a complaint I recall reading before. I've used several different Chandler products in other rooms, as well as using my own chandler comp and have never encountered this. I think if anything, the remote PS in the 19" gear would help lessen this...
Old 18th November 2014
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
That would be my suggestion as well -- move the PSU, and see if the PSU is reacting with either of the units, or if you have other gear sitting on top of the Chandler PSU (like a tube mic PSU) as you can get a conflict from those 2 not playing well. If you get it from a synth going to the DI, make sure the PSU is far away from the synth, as I have heard noise from from other gear in these situations that was easily fixed by relocating the PSU.
Old 22nd November 2014 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by twbrzkdm007 ➡️
Curve Bender with 1/2 dB increments and dimmed engage switches.... this thing just makes me happy when I look at it and even happier when I hear it.
Love the Curvebender with half-steps! I also have a Mini-mixer, Zener, LTD-1/LTD-2 for tracking.

I'm all-in when it comes to Chandler gear and cannot wait for the Redd 47 to ship in January. Wade has changed my whole perspective on mixing. I used to be ITB until I tried a Mixi-Mixer, which was my first piece of Chandler gear, and it's been a game changer ever since.
Old 23rd September 2015
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
A Chandler Limited RS 124 ...
Old 1st October 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Curve Bender

Another Chandlerholic here...
I use a Curve Bender with half-dB-steps for mastering. The CB stays in the chain most of the time. It enhances the tone even with the EQ circuit bypassed: a sonorous and vibrant transformer sound. Moreover, I've added a pair of LTD-2's to the shopping list. They just look too good.
Old 1st October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I have a Chandler Zener in my rack and I love it. It has a glue on kick/bass I've not experienced with any other compressor I've had so far. Additional to that, a mastering pair of Chandler LTD-2's is here as well. It's the ONLY pair ever been modified with a SC filter by Chandler, makes them even greater.
Old 1st October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My current Chandler collection:

TG-2 (x2)
TG-500
Redd.47 (x2)
Germ Compressor (X2)
Tone Control (X2)
Lil Devil EQ (x4)

On my want list really, really bad...Curve Bender & 2 more Redd.47
Old 7th October 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xj32 ➡️
Lil Devil EQ (x4)

On my want list really, really bad...Curve Bender & 2 more Redd.47
Where do you usually end up using the little devil EQs? I have 2, but I'm still find a perfect place for them in my chain.

TG2 is pure awesomeness. Can't think of a another pre that can do just "that" like TG2. It's in my "shop until you drop" -list
Old 7th October 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevelous ➡️
Where do you usually end up using the little devil EQs? I have 2, but I'm still find a perfect place for them in my chain.

TG2 is pure awesomeness. Can't think of a another pre that can do just "that" like TG2. It's in my "shop until you drop" -list
Most of the time they are my kick, snare eqs's and overhead EQs but lately I am using them on Female vocals often and they are great on guitars as well.
Old 7th October 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I only have one Chandler piece (the REDD.47 preamp). I'm a fan!

...Looking forward to learning more about the new compressor - the Chandler EMI Abbey Road RS 124 compressor.
Old 24th October 2015
Gear Head

I'm addicted.

If a console come out I'm selling my house.
Old 21st June 2016
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Hey all, there's an RS124 Compressor Giveaway Drawing going on...

This video features a soundtrack using 12 RS124s tracking and mix.

Old 25th November 2016 | Show parent
Gear Nut
Sign me up. Just ordered the Curve Bender EQ. I have a feeling this addiction is going to get very expensive. But f*ck, that sound!
Old 25th November 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS ➡️
I only have one Chandler piece (the REDD.47 preamp). I'm a fan!

...Looking forward to learning more about the new compressor - the Chandler EMI Abbey Road RS 124 compressor.
I now have two pieces - the REDD47 and the RS124 Compressor. Great combo these two.

...Looking forward to learning more about the new Mic. (seems like a pattern is emerging)
Old 25th November 2016
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Anybody try the Chandler Blue Germ guitar pedal? Saw a couple video clips. Sounded amazing. Any real life users have comments on it?
Old 27th April 2017
drz
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Love my 2 Chandler LTD-1s, great Preamp and delicious EQ... used on virtually everthing... tracking, mixing...
Old 27th April 2017 | Show parent
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
trifecta of REDD mics...sexy time

Old 6th April 2018
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I've officially joined C.A. and I need help.
Old 7th April 2018 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I may be an addict too. I own the TG2-500 and Mark IV 12345. Of course, I will need to pick up the TG Opto at some point in the future to complete the trilogy.
Old 7th April 2018 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by reason108 ➡️
I may be an addict too. I own the TG2-500 and Mark IV 12345. Of course, I will need to pick up the TG Opto at some point in the future to complete the trilogy.
I’ve got a second 500 eq on the way.. I bought an api 8b specifically to fill it with tg modules lol
Old 9th April 2018 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff.calcaska ➡️
I’ve got a second 500 eq on the way.. I bought an api 8b specifically to fill it with tg modules lol

Now, that would be cool!

I really wish Chandler would release another TG module with an actual TG fader with perhaps an echo send or something interesting like that. But, I may just end up getting another TG2 at some point so it would end up pretty much serving the same purpose. i`m shooting for: TG2-Opto-12345-Radial Tank-TG2. My other wish would be a Red.47 microphone pre in series 500. Or, just a Red channel strip.
Old 3rd July 2020
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Enjoy the weekend!

Old 10th January 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head
Me Too

Chandler Germanium Preamp pair.....I’ll never sell and I want more!

Last edited by AlecAlfaras; 10th January 2021 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 11th January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecAlfaras ➡️
Chandler Germanium Preamp pair.....I’ll never sell and I want more!
Just got one. Haven't had time to rack it yet.

Attached Thumbnails
Chandlerholics Anonymous-germaium.jpg  
Old 11th January 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head
Couple things I learned after owning them awhile:
Personally, I like a good quality DI box INTO the xlr input as opposed to plugging straight in for bass (could be placebo but idk). I do like a vintage style Pbass with flatwounds plugged in the front though. On the other hand, synths sound great plugged right in the front. Also, sometimes I throw the feedback knob on about 7-8 and keep the gain knob on about 1-2, enjoy! I find myself using the thick switch very sparingly (for instance, a “weak sounding” inside kick mic track). I know they’re quite popular but still a sleeper piece of gear IMO. I would like to reamp a drum track in stereo soon and see how much grit I can muster up. Finally, separate the preamp from the power supply if you’re getting any noise. Should normally be very quiet. Pink Floyd allegedly recorded the song “Echoes” on an early germanium Neve console, only track on Meddle to use that console. They apparently needed more tracks at the time for that specific song
Old 13th January 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Any idea where to get one or two of these rack panels to sex up my tg rack (in europe)?
Attached Thumbnails
Chandlerholics Anonymous-82128327_3245698968780005_18451132258975744_n.jpg   Chandlerholics Anonymous-21200505_1826897793993470_1569293949269676070_o.jpg  
Old 13th January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniz:Wilson ➡️
Any idea where to get one or two of these rack panels to sex up my tg rack (in europe)?
PM.
📝 Reply