The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Telefunken V672
Old 20th November 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Telefunken V672

Has anyone used these? They are the solid state version of the V72. Transformer in/out , discrete , internal power supply. Just after opinions

Thanks
Old 20th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Calling expert witness Jay to the bar...
Old 20th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
yea . . they are ok for electric guitars
Old 20th November 2002
One with big hooves

🎧 15 years
I have a pair. They sound good on most things but don't have a lot of gain. They aren't anywhere near transparent and are a bit flaky like most old gear so I need to pull them out of the rack and resolder some connections. They aren't really mic pres. Like the 1272, the 672 is a line amp that can be modded and used as a mic pre. Anything specific you want to know?
Old 20th November 2002
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
The V676 or V276 are the ones to get(I have one of each), 80dB of amazing sounding gain.
Make sure they are in good shape!
These pre`s are still reasonably priced, still not "discovered"

Amund
Old 21st November 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Thanks for the responses. I just wanted to make sure that they weren't junk. The prices seem very reasonable for what they are. My tech has racked up V72's before and says he can do the same with the V672's.

Time to go shopping!
Old 25th November 2002
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
the V672 might have no gain knob, but that can easily be achieved by the means of external resistors (pair of symmetrical input resistors and feedback-loop resistor).
this way, you can dial in anything from 0 to 70dB (!) gain.

check out the diagram:
x-axis bottom = gain (dB)
x-axis top = values for input resistors ("RG") and feedback loop resistor ("RE")
y-axis = noise floor (dB)

I have the complete documentation at home - drop me a PM if you want a copy.

cheers,

michael
Attached Thumbnails
Telefunken V672-diagram2.jpg  
Old 21st July 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Telefunken V672 output load

I think those unit were design to interface with 600 ohm equiptment. Do we have to load the output (pin 19 20) to achieve the appropriate load when connected to "modern" equipment?

Thanks for you help.
Charles
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quick answer: No.

Cheers.

Michael
C/G
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If the 672 sounds anywhere near as good as the V676a's I had, I would love a pair. These have been on my "got to try these out someday" list for a very long time.
Old 22nd July 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'vew got a pair of te v672's that were racked by Oliver at Tab-Funkenwerk, and I really do love them

They get use on some guitars, occasional drum OHs, acc guitars, some vox...

Very sweet-sounding!
Old 9th December 2010 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig27 ➑️
the V672 might have no gain knob, but that can easily be achieved by the means of external resistors (pair of symmetrical input resistors and feedback-loop resistor).
this way, you can dial in anything from 0 to 70dB (!) gain.

check out the diagram:
x-axis bottom = gain (dB)
x-axis top = values for input resistors ("RG") and feedback loop resistor ("RE")
y-axis = noise floor (dB)

I have the complete documentation at home - drop me a PM if you want a copy.

cheers,

michael
Hi Michael,
I have 2 V672/a's + N624 PSU and a 48V module. I now found an old original 19" rack but the wiring is done for something else. Do you have some schematics and documentation to build my own rack with these V672/a's? Also the documentation about the extra gain would be interesting.
Thanks a lot!
Best,
Bram
Old 9th December 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram9206 ➑️
Hi Michael,
I have 2 V672/a's + N624 PSU and a 48V module. I now found an old original 19" rack but the wiring is done for something else. Do you have some schematics and documentation to build my own rack with these V672/a's? Also the documentation about the extra gain would be interesting.
Thanks a lot!
Best,
Bram
All the technical docs can be found here.

Thanks!

Michael
Old 9th October 2013
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I bought a pair of V672/1 from a well known Telefunken Tech in Berlin. I racked them with the help of JLM Audio kits, and i use them sometimes on guitars and OH's. There are open and sweet in lower gain. If you push them to hot might be more cruncy but no clear ... output trans has 2 outputs for each ch. I did not any application on this but is tricky ... hehe. PreAmps goes at 60+ before clip.

i also put a variable input impedance for more flexibility to tones and so not losing freqs from dynamic mics

Total cost was around $780 (including modules, rack, jlm kits). So i believe it's fair price for 2 nice and sweet pre's like these teles
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…