Quantcast
allmusic.com listings - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
allmusic.com listings
Old 19th November 2002
Capitol Studios Paris

🎧 15 years
allmusic.com listings

Just surfed on www.allmusic.com and discovered they are unaware of my album credits over here in Europe (sometimes the album isn't listed, sometimes it is but they didn't add the engineer to the credits).

I emailed them, but wonder how you all make sure your credits get accounted for. Is it automatic in the US, or do you have to write them or send them copies of the albums (a PITA by international mail from overseas)...

Thanks, guys.
Old 20th November 2002
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
I looked for me on there a few months ago, and found one listing, as 'Musician' on a children's album. Not bad for 30 years as a recording bassist, eh?
Old 21st November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I looked up myself and after working on 30+ full length cds I am not there. Some of the projects I worked on are, they just left my name off.

grudge grudge dfegad
Old 21st November 2002
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Is it important? - genuine question.
Surely if somebody is interested in working with you they will ask to see your credits or check your own website rather than looking up allmusic.com.
Old 21st November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It is important when the information they have is incorrect. When I say I mixed an album and someone looks it up and thinks I am lying, that is not a good thing.
Old 22nd November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I seem to share allmusic credits with at least one other guy with the same name... Many of my credits are in there, but many are his... I don't sweat it too much, but if I ever meet the guy, I'm going to beat him senseless and take his checkbook. heh

-dave
Old 22nd November 2002
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
all music really has most folks credits wrong..i tried to correct mine ..they gave me credit for someone elses work and left out most of mine...but instead they just deleted most of my real work...so i just don't tell anyone to go there anymore....
Old 23rd November 2002
Don
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
They have something I'm on...But its listed as newage or something..LOL..Dammit its a rock record..Other stuff aint listed.Oh well
Old 1st December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Allmusic has my credits and a bassist's credits all mixed together. Pretty diverse career for those who don't know two people are being combined. Well, at least, the bassist played on "Exile on Main Street".
Old 1st December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by mixer
all music really has most folks credits wrong..i tried to correct mine ..they gave me credit for someone elses work...<snip>
Yea, they did the same thing to me. There's a jazz record I worked on listed under a Celtic folk artist who has the same name I do. I sent them three or four emails about it but gave up...
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…