The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
m6000 or other units
Old 18th June 2002
Mindreader

🎧 15 years
m6000 or other units

If you were gonna spend that amount of cash for a m6000 on the same type of effects units, would you buy the m6000 and let it do nearly everything? Or buy some seperate effects boxes.
Old 18th June 2002
VIP

🎧 15 years
If you wanted to put together a bunch of high end units that could produce the same quality sounds as the M6000, you would probably have to spend quite a bit more money than the price of a M6000

My vote goes to the M6000
Old 18th June 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
AND it get's better and better by every software release ....

and a great thing about the 6000 are the licenses .... you can rent them and the rent gets substracted once you decide to buy it .... like a savings deposit ....
Old 18th June 2002
Mindreader

🎧 15 years
cool

That's ****in cool Chris, I didn't know that.

what are the MUST HAVE licences then
Old 18th June 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
check out : http://www.tc-now.com/

ok .... renting them is not exactly cheap ... but hey ... buy it and you get it back ....

must have imho .... MD5.1 (or MD 3 if you don't need surround) - toolbox - Massenburg EQ if you do mastering stuff.

All the rest is up to your specific app's ... if you don't need them all the time ... don't buy them .... rent them untill they're yours ...
Old 8th July 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Do you require 5.1 functionality? If the answer is no, than you might want to take a long look at an Orville. The Eventide filters are not very good but all their other algorithms are very impressive. That said, I have not had the opportunity to really site down with a 6000 to perform the nescessary comparisons. Is anyone familiar enough with both units to comment on the subject?

-kesserich
Old 12th July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I e-mailed one of my dealers today asking for a quote on the TC 6000 he came back saying that his clients are unhappy with the reverbs on the unit despite good experiences with previous TC reverbs. He recommended I do what these other customers are doing and go for the Lexicon 960L instead.

I haven't got the quotes yet but expect the Lexicon to be considerably more expensive though...

I thought it was interesting as so many people on these forums seem to love the TC 6000!!

Renie
Old 12th July 2002
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Renie
I e-mailed one of my dealers today asking for a quote on the TC 6000 he came back saying that his clients are unhappy with the reverbs on the unit despite good experiences with previous TC reverbs. He recommended I do what these other customers are doing and go for the Lexicon 960L instead.

I haven't got the quotes yet but expect the Lexicon to be considerably more expensive though...

I thought it was interesting as so many people on these forums seem to love the TC 6000!!

Renie
Without casting any aspersions on your dealer, I would wonder is his profit margin isn't higher on the Lexicon stuff, or if it's reasier for him to get (or even is he has a 960 that's been sitting in the shop for a while...). I know several M6000 users, and I haven't heard any complaints about the reverbs.
Old 12th July 2002
Founder

Same thought instantly sprung to my mind as well.
Old 12th July 2002
Motown legend

🎧 15 years
Lexicon requires massive orders from their dealers in order to maintain access to the line. This policy has led many dealers to not stock or recommend competing reverb units.
Old 12th July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
But in all honesty, the 960 verbs probably do have a slight edge, at least in pop/rock genre, IMO.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 12th July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hmmmm...thanks, it's great to able to check in here and get all your experience, wisdom and views!!!
It's a shame business is done that way!

Renie
Old 12th July 2002
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by BrianT
But in all honesty, the 960 verbs probably do have a slight edge, at least in pop/rock genre, IMO.

Regards,
Brian T
I won't argue with your experiance, Brian, but there's a difference between a 'slight edge' and 'clients are unhappy with the reverbs on the unit'

By the way - you've moved back to Berry Hill?
Old 13th July 2002
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

🎧 15 years
The M6000 is an excellent machine imho...and I have not heard any user or engineer speak to the contrary.

FWIW, I know a fellow who traded his 480L in for the 960L and asked for his 480L back from the dealer after a week or two. He didn't care about multi-channel reverbs and actually found the 960L cheaper-sounding (tho with more outputs) than the 480L.

My personal big five multiFX would be the 480L, M6000, DRE777, Orville, and...PCM70.

That is, after a nice acoustic space.
Old 13th July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Martin

I won't argue with your experiance, Brian, but there's a difference between a 'slight edge' and 'clients are unhappy with the reverbs on the unit'

By the way - you've moved back to Berry Hill?

True, that's a big dif.

Yes, I'm back in Berry Hill and lovin' it. Call me and we'll do some Calypso Cafe or Baja Burrito.

Brian T
Old 13th July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

True, that's a big dif.

Yes, I'm back in Berry Hill and lovin' it. Call me and we'll do some Calypso Cafe or Baja Burrito.

Brian T
Wow. Read my own post back. Looks like it's purely alliteration oriented cuisine for me.

Brian T

(Man, I'm weird.)
Old 13th July 2002
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:

True, that's a big dif.

Brian T
I think I'm working for your landlord next Friday - you gonna be there?
Old 13th July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I did an a/b between the Lexi and the 6000 and ended up quite happy to write a check for the 6000.
The reverbs are great and it does lot's of cool things and the software has improved every 4 months or so - free. A great tool. Get the 6000 and if you need the Lexi sound for verb, get a 90 or 91.
You'll still end up using the verbs in the 6000.
Good Luck,
JC
Old 13th July 2002
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Hey Brian? Hey Dave?

Can you me a favor and not talk about burritos round here?

I'm originally from California and have been in the London for the last 10 years but they STILL haven't got the knack of true Mexican food. They seem to think that you need to add sweetcorn and carrots to a vegetarian burrito! tut

And let me tell you... IT BREAKS MY HEART. Man I miss Mexican food.

Tip for any of you travelling in Europe. Just about the best, if not the only truly amazing, Mexican food I've found in Euroland is at a place called The Taco Shop in Copenhagen, Denmark. It was opened by a couple a guys from San Diego a few years ago and all I can say is that it's pretty damn authentic.

Come to think of it, Copenhagen seems to have more Mexican restaurants in it's fair city that just about all of Europe combined.

But surely I digress. Sorry.

R.

(Mmmm. Burritos.... Have one for me, ok? )
Old 14th July 2002
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Ol' Betsey
Hey Brian? Hey Dave?

Can you me a favor and not talk about burritos round here?

We have to talk about it - it's for your own good, after all. In the same way that guys who will never have the opportunity to hear an M6000 or a 960L still read about them on this board, you need to hear about burritos...

Actually, corn and flour tortillas have a decent (refrigerated) shelf life - maybe you could get someone in San Antonio to send you a case.

It could work....
Old 14th July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

We have to talk about it - it's for your own good, after all. In the same way that guys who will never have the opportunity to hear an M6000 or a 960L still read about them on this board, you need to hear about burritos...

Actually, corn and flour tortillas have a decent (refrigerated) shelf life - maybe you could get someone in San Antonio to send you a case.

It could work....

Still, it's all relative. I was born on Dallas, lived in Houston and San Antonio and have a brother who lives in Austin.

Compared to that, even the best of Nashville's Mes'can food is pretty weak.

Still, between La Hacienda and Baja Burrito, it's not a complete loss.

Regards,
Brian T

P.S. Yes, Dave. I'll be there. Drop by.
Old 14th July 2002
VIP

🎧 15 years
Quote:
...not to forget Baja Fresh
Old 14th July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener

...not to forget Baja Fresh

Dude, Baja Fresh? That's chi-chi California food. Didn't you ever see the cover of ZZ's Tres Hombres? That's what I'm talkin' bout.

I'm talkin' righteous Tex-Mex, baby!

Regards,
Brian T

OK, OK.....in a pinch, Baja Fresh is purty alright..
Old 14th July 2002
Mindreader

🎧 15 years
I dunno, you start a thread about something sensible and now were talking about tex mex. You start a thread about something completely silly (Woodhucks) and now that's collapsed into talking about equipment.

There's no hope for us.
Old 14th July 2002
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:

Is La Hacienda the place on Nolensville Road near Phonoluxe Records? That's pretty good... And there's a place that opened up on Gallatin Road, between Madison and Goodlettsvile that seemed to be 'real' Tex Mex. It used to be a bait shop, and there was a large fiberglass fish on top of the building.
Old 14th July 2002
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:

Dude, Baja Fresh? That's chi-chi California food. Didn't you ever see the cover of ZZ's Tres Hombres? That's what I'm talkin' bout.
I wpuld pay $50 and drive for two hours to eat food like that on that cover. By the way, another thing we've lost with CD's - on the record, that food is pretty much lifesized (covering the whole inside of a fold out record cover).
Old 15th July 2002
VIP

🎧 15 years
Quote:

Is La Hacienda the place on Nolensville Road near Phonoluxe Records? That's pretty good...
A new LaHacienda just opened two minutes from my house at the Percy Priest shopping center
Old 15th July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
just installed the new 3.0 version in the system 6000 today .... fooled around a bit ..... whooha .... LOVE upgrades from TC ..... allways nice things in there .... VSS6.1 ... yes 6.1 surround reverb .... can't use it but just feels good to have one .... heh heh
Old 15th July 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yes sir!
Just installed 3.0 myself. The perfect example of
'if some is good, more is better'.
Old 15th July 2002
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener

A new LaHacienda just opened two minutes from my house at the Percy Priest shopping center
SoOmeone told me about a Mexican restaurant restaurant out there - I have a hard time remembering which restaurant name goes with which place. The place just south of where 440 crosses Nolensville road is good. If that's a La Hacienda, and if they cook to the same quality at the one near you, then you're in luck! But there are sometimes issues with consistency - there's a Mazatlan within a minute of the house (at the Joelton Exit off of I-24, but we ate at the one in Brentwood a week or so back, and it tasted completely different.

Oh, well.
πŸ“ Reply