The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
O.S Acoustics Speakers
Old 13th January 2022
O.S Acoustics

🎧 5 years
O.S Acoustics Speakers

Hi, I would like to introduce myself to the Gearspace community.
I am Tom Osborne. Founder, Chief Engineer and owner of O.S Acoustics.
Here is a safe space I am creating for people to share their thoughts on O.S Acoustics speakers and make myself publicly available should anybody like to ask any questions.
Enjoy...
www.os-acoustics.co.uk
Old 13th January 2022
I gotta ask, are the woofers similar to Amphion woofers?

Any dealers in Canada?
Old 14th January 2022
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom O.S ➡️
Hi, I would like to introduce myself to the Gearspace community.
I am Tom Osborne. Founder, Chief Engineer and owner of O.S Acoustics.
Here is a safe space I am creating for people to share their thoughts on O.S Acoustics speakers and make myself publicly available should anybody like to ask any questions.
Enjoy...
www.os-acoustics.co.uk
hi tom from o.s. acoustics
I‘m very happy and proud to own one pair of the new dsb 8..
I like really the great natural sound and a the
unbelievable stereo-stage…
for me an absolutely new experience for recording and monitoring acoustic/classic music in a new area and very highly level.
thank you very much and kindly regards from basel/switzerland.
Old 14th January 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilton ➡️
hi tom from o.s. acoustics
I‘m very happy and proud to own one pair of the new dsb 8..
I like really the great natural sound and a the
unbelievable stereo-stage…
for me an absolutely new experience for recording and monitoring acoustic/classic music in a new area and very highly level.
thank you very much and kindly regards from basel/switzerland.
1 post. first post.

This looks like astroturfing.
Old 14th January 2022
Here for the gear
DB7

Hi, I have been working with the DB7 for six months and I am delighted. For years I have been using Dynaudio and Adam S3XH, always looking for definition, clarity and control. My job is basically a producer and composer of soundtracks and therefore on these speakers I have to create, mix and master, or as often happens to me lately, I supervise and control the mixes and mastering. I am not technically an expert to be able to discuss the technical characteristics of the speakers, but my ear is very demanding and I am very satisfied: precise stereo image, coherence, clarity and definition on exceptional low frequencies (I have been working for months on preset 1, the flat one, but soon when I know the speakers like the back of my hand, I want to explore preset 3, the linear phase). Over the years I have tried many speakers in different studios all over the world. Over the years I have also realized that I prefer two-way to three-way, and so that's why I can really say that they are decisive speakers! Soon I have to check a mastering from Bernie Grundman Mastering Studio for a song destined for a TV series. I'll let you know!
Old 14th January 2022 | Show parent
O.S Acoustics

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaSC1 ➡️
I gotta ask, are the woofers similar to Amphion woofers?

Any dealers in Canada?
Yes, we have the same supplier for our low frequency drivers as Amphion. Although we use a different model with a slightly curved diaphragm to push the breakup frequency higher. It also has a bigger voicecoil to help against thermal compressions and retain transients.
We don't yet have any dealers in Canada or North America, but are working to change this. Thank you
Old 15th January 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
More astroturfing.
There are better (less insidious ways) to market. Never believe a first post/first registered account that is strictly there to be complimentary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by injun ➡️
Hi, I have been working with the DB7 for six months and I am delighted. For years I have been using Dynaudio and Adam S3XH, always looking for definition, clarity and control. My job is basically a producer and composer of soundtracks and therefore on these speakers I have to create, mix and master, or as often happens to me lately, I supervise and control the mixes and mastering. I am not technically an expert to be able to discuss the technical characteristics of the speakers, but my ear is very demanding and I am very satisfied: precise stereo image, coherence, clarity and definition on exceptional low frequencies (I have been working for months on preset 1, the flat one, but soon when I know the speakers like the back of my hand, I want to explore preset 3, the linear phase). Over the years I have tried many speakers in different studios all over the world. Over the years I have also realized that I prefer two-way to three-way, and so that's why I can really say that they are decisive speakers! Soon I have to check a mastering from Bernie Grundman Mastering Studio for a song destined for a TV series. I'll let you know!
Old 15th January 2022
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Maybe all these new accounts just discovered this site and are really excited about these little-known speakers? Maybe.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha ➡️
Maybe all these new accounts just discovered this site and are really excited about these little-known speakers? Maybe.
Old 15th January 2022
Here for the gear
Dear Pentagon, I'm sorry this is your opinion but I have to contradict you. I know Tom because after buying some DB7s I got in touch with his company. He invited me to share my experience on this site in order to offer it as a concrete experience to others and this is the reason for my note here. You can contact me privately and I can show you proof of what I write. So I kindly invite you to delete your statements as they are offensive to the honesty of the people who write. Thank you
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by injun ➡️
He invited me to share my experience on this site in order to
Yes. You could stop right there.
Astroturfing. It's offensive for other readers to not realize that's what's going on. I'm letting others know so they aren't taken in by this marketing ploy.
Old 17th January 2022
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I'd like to chime in and give my personal and honest opinion about the O.S Acoustics speakers. Of course some of you will not believe a single thing I say as I work for the Swiss distributor of the brand...
but I personally saw an advertising on this very forum and decided to give them a chance and get a demo pair to listen to a while back.

And no, Tom didn't contact me and tell me to share my thoughts on this very forum ;-)

The sound of the two models differ quite a bit. The ported DB7 being really nice to listen to. Although both measure incredibly flat (frequency as well as phase) the DB7 has a very nice warm flattering quality to it! Most customers walking into our showroom would actually prefer the DB7 over the DBS8 because of that.

My personal preference is on the DBS8's though. In my opinion they are extremely neutral and that isn't what most people like. But I think this is exactly what is needed for mixing as well as mastering. I don't want the speakers to sound nice. I want them to give me the perfect neutral image so my mixes work everywhere...

The bass extension is also fantastic considering the size and being a closed design!

So I am big fan of Tom's work and not because we sell them - it's the other way around - we sell them because they are really great!

Ta,
Roger
Old 21st January 2022
O.S Acoustics

🎧 5 years
I regularly get emails and Facebook messages from very happy users. It was suggested to me to set up a GearSpace thread to get a conversation going only, where people can share their feedback more publicly. Last week we put up a Facebook post asking people to come and 'join the conversation' (good or bad). This is real feedback from real users who have not been incentivised financially or in any other way, we don't need to. O.S Acoustics already has multi grammy award-winning users and some great reviews from leading magazines like Sound on Sound and Studio Magazin.
We have been trading for half a decade in the U.K and Europe. I can assure you, there is nothing disingenuous about this thread... If there is still any offence taken please, send me a direct message.
Thank you
Old 21st January 2022
Any way to demo these in Canada? Prices for Canada?
Old 24th March 2022 | Show parent
FFS
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon ➡️
Yes. You could stop right there.
Astroturfing. It's offensive for other readers to not realize that's what's going on. I'm letting others know so they aren't taken in by this marketing ploy.
What the F is Astroturfing??? Are you a road worker?
I initially got the DB7’s as soon as they dropped and have produced, mixed and mastered so much music on them! (I sold my Focal twin Be’s to get them!) just over a year ago I upgraded to the DBS8’s which are just hands down the perfect speakers (for me) and I’ve mixed in a lot of rooms on a lot of speakers!!! Big up Tom! Keep doing what your doing, it’s clearly incredible stuff!
📝 Reply