Quantcast
HUGE THANKS to Michael Wagener - for nearly 18 years of GS moderating! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HUGE THANKS to Michael Wagener - for nearly 18 years of GS moderating!
Old 27th April 2021
Huge thanks to you Michael,

Thank you so much for:

All your shared wisdom. Letting us follow your recording gear, studio and productions over the last (nearly) 18 years! When I started the forum I wanted moderators for the High End subforum that actually owned / used the top of the range gear that many of use couldn't afford or never had a change to get our hands on. I personally enjoyed and found inspirational your 'get it right at source' approach to tracking rock bands. Watching your studio process and gear list evolve was super interesting.

Not being a grouch I think you kept your cool here when there would have been lots to irritate you as a moderator . The times you you actually DID get annoyed were so few and far between I can't even recall one! That's pretty good going! That's what this place needed, cool and collected, knowledgeable moderation.

It was a real pleasure to hang out with you in person at the various trade shows and the GS moderator breakfast meet-ups.

You deserve a break after all the years in the studio trenches, I hope you enjoy your much deserved retirement.

But I hope you'll still pop in now & again when the mood grabs you

I look forwards to meeting up with you again soon.

Heartfelt thanks for all your contribution to GS.

I did a search and didn't find any results. The press release went out a few days ago. Eddie Trunk discussed it and said today he might have Michael on for an interview in the near future.

"I have sold the studio and Double Trouble Productions does no longer exist as an official company. I had an amazing time and met a ton of wonderful people and I am thankful for having been able to work with such great musicians and create such wonderful music."
Old 27th April 2021
GS Community Manager

Big props to @ mwagener - not only has he done a marvellous job here over the years, he is also generous with his time and knowledge in person, and he was always happy to answer all my inane Ozzy-related questions when we hung out, in addition to helping me out by translating a German menu in Frankfurt one evening during Musikmesse.

A nicer guy there isn't, and I wish you the best for your retirement, Herr Wagener!
Old 27th April 2021
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Michael is a class act all the way. A true professional with a desire to make great records for happy clients, and always willing the share that knowledge. He invited me and my brother to the studio years ago when I was in Nashville picking up my RADAR. We got to hang out with him and his recording camp students, and then went to eat with them all. When I saw him YEARS later at Welcome to 1979 he saw me and went "Tony with the RADAR, how are you?" with a genuine smile. He is everything our profession should be.
Old 27th April 2021
Greetings Michael,

Wishing you and family lots of peace, prosperity, and good health always!

Cheers Mate! πŸ‘
Old 28th April 2021
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Well deserved!

Was this posted?

https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/reco...88jX79XaXkPISk
Legendary Metal Producer/Engineer Michael Wagener Retires

Last edited by Sounds Great; 28th April 2021 at 05:18 AM..
Old 28th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Michael - Great to have had you here all these years. I remember meeting you at Summer NAMM (2002?) and a phone call or 2 when you were looking to re-locate. You're a class act, and I hope you'll continue to share your wisdom (& stories) with the rest of us.
Old 28th April 2021
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Old 28th April 2021
VIP

🎧 15 years
Thank you everybody for the kind words and all the fun we had over the years. the studio is now closed and will be shipped to New Zealand next month. The building will most likely become an AirBnB. We are keeping the property but have an eye on Tuscany (Italy) to settle down. Tina and myself will most likely do a lot of traveling if the health lets me do it.
Old 28th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks Michael for being such an inspiration over the years. Used to get excited when I would flip over an unknown record and see your name on it (still do!). And always appreciated you taking the time here to share some of your stories and wisdom.

Enjoy your retirement! And thank you.
Old 28th April 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Yeah thanks for the everything Michael. I still have the compressor shootout CD you sent me for free!
Old 28th April 2021
Gear Guru
Don't be afraid to stop in here once and awhile when you get a break on the beach. Thanks for your contributions, I still love that Sterling ST-31 mic.
Old 28th April 2021
Mastering Moderator

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years

Enjoy your retirement!

Thanks for all those rocking years
Old 29th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagener ➑️
Thank you everybody for the kind words and all the fun we had over the years. the studio is now closed and will be shipped to New Zealand next month. The building will most likely become an AirBnB. We are keeping the property but have an eye on Tuscany (Italy) to settle down. Tina and myself will most likely do a lot of traveling if the health lets me do it.
Thank you for the conversations, candor and kindness in the past. Enjoy your travels!
Old 29th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thank you legend for sharing so much over the years.
Enjoy your retirement!
Old 30th April 2021

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Thank you!
Old 3rd May 2021
Lives for gear

Thank you for all your contributions and congratulations on your retirement! Your work still inspires me to this day πŸ‘πŸ»
Old 4th May 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
thanks so much to michael wagener. I had the pleasure to record with him about 20 year ago, he was very generous with his time, and he is a great and genuine person and a very talented engineer.
Old 11th May 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Rock on Michael. Rock on

So many wonderful pieces of art were created under your baton so to speak. Thanks for all of that and for more.

Be happy, be proud, and be safe.
Old 16th May 2021
JAT
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great job on a mostly thankless task. Thanks!
Old 28th May 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
He has lived the life of many of us just simply dream of. You deserve this time in your life, enjoy your retirement!
Old 9th August 2021
Thanks a million Michael.

I'd like to echo the not being a grouch attribute described above. Big thanks to you - especially for exactly that! In addition, I feel you have a big influence on this audience to "get it right with the source and the mic" when tracking, rather than twist a lot of eq on everything.

It's a new ambition of mine to shake your hand in Tuscany!
Old 10th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
only just now I found that such a great person was a moderator here at GearSlutz... I wish I knew that earlier.
Thank you Michael Wagner for your contribution here.
Old 12th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Even if his only career were his time with Accept, he is to be remembered with grave respect, me knows .

The last time the world was perilously close to you know, ending, certain tunes by Accept were anthems to the grassroots to raise our voices about the brinkmanship.

Michael's catalog is basically every one I know's recipe for happy times.

Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagener ➑️
Wow, best of luck Michael...I certainly do hope health permits you to do all the traveling you wish to do. =)

Thank you so much for all of your wisdom here over the years. Also I still love my MW1 Studio Tool. I use it all the time!

Seriously. All the best...you deserve it.

- Cary Miller

Last edited by herecomesyourman; 2 weeks ago at 04:07 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Still waiting for Wagners ozzmosis version

Even without it the album collection he mixed is amazing
πŸ“ Reply