The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dynaudio LYD-48 vs Dynaudio LYD-48 vs Focal Twin 6
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Neumann kh-310-a vs Dynaudio LYD-48 vs Focal Twin 6

It's time to add another pair in my studio.
I start to check about that models -
Dynaudio LYD-48
Neumann KH 310
Focal Twin 6

or to wait, and save more money for ATC 20/25 or Amphion?
Old 3 weeks ago
What kind of work do you do in your studio? (recording, mixing, producing, all the above) Personally for mixing I love the 310's. But if I was also still recording and producing as well, I'd probably prefer something a little more hyped for excitement, such as the Focals.

I love my KH310's. I've also spent time working on Focal Twins and SCM25a's, as well as Dynaudio BM15 (not sure how close the LYD line sounds to those tho.) All 4 monitor companies sound great but totally different from each other. It's really just a taste thing when it comes to high end speakers. I had to really retrain my ear each time I switched rooms because of how different their sound is.

I'll speak on the 310's as someone who's only mixing - My first impression was that they were extremely detailed across the whole spectrum. Detailed, but not the most flattering. I realized after a day or so that this was a good thing. They're very very flat (maybe the flattest I've heard tbh) and make mixing really enjoyable once you understand their sound. They go deep for their size, and the good thing is if you ever wanted to add a sub at some point, the KH750 aligns perfectly with these so you won't have to worry about crossover issues. In general they're wonderful speakers that sometimes get overlooked because of their price. I think they can easily charge another $1k/ speaker if they wanted and it would still be fair. They're also a sealed box, so the low end is very fast and responsive. I find myself doing much less EQing in general as I have a much clearer picture of the errors that need to be fixed. Just overall a beautiful speaker that I won't see myself getting rid of any time soon.

I was debating between ATC's and 310's when I switched rooms last year. Again I've used the 25a's and they're beautiful sounding monitors. The midrange on them is second to none. They do lack a bit of bottom end, I think because of how powerful the mid range is. I was very close to getting these, but after demoing the 310's I was blown away at how flat and clinical they are. I personally didn't feel that the extra ~$4kish for the ATC's was worth the investment.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I also enjoy the Neumann 310. So far the monitors I enjoyed owning the most. Have limited experience with the Twin 6. Maybe the HEDD type 20 is also an interesting contender.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Thanks !!
I am producing, recording and mixing. My main monitors now are ns10 with amphion 100 amp , and krk 10” sub. Yes I know , it’s ns10, but it’s my favorite, and most comfortable.
It’s really interesting to read that. Someone compare or has a chance to hear side by side with atc?
📝 Reply