The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HEDD 08 sub missing in action
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
HEDD 08 sub missing in action

I'm pretty frustrated here. I hate to put them on blast but I bought HEDD Type 20 mkII and the Sub 8 in December early-mid. I finally took possession of the Type 20s at the end of Feb. But the sub is still listed as backordered with B&H. I love B&H. But I've gotten no response from HEDD regarding what the problem is. Does this seem excessively long wait time? Obviously the bleeding edge but should a company offer for sale an item that does not actually in fact exist? Or what the hell is the problem?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
plenty or manufacturers currently seem to have issues to get their gear to the distributors/shops - advertising a product but putting it on back order with no eta is a rather bad practice and very poor communication though...
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah ➑️
plenty or manufacturers currently seem to have issues to get their gear to the distributors/shops - advertising a product but putting it on back order with no eta is a rather bad practice and very poor communication though...
I get that. But since DECEMBER? I've ordered a lot of stuff since December, even over seas products. And I'd assume the twp HEDD's I got already more than a month ago would be a part of the same order, or at least with some communication why it was delayed.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
get another sub then...
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah ➑️
get another sub then...
I don't want another sub. I actually have another sub. That's not the point.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

HEDD's own communication on the products when they were announced was that the MKII speakers were 'available in January' and the subwoofers 'shortly afterwards' but no specific date given. As far as I can tell the monitors actually shipped in Feb and the subs have not shipped yet. Several German retailers I checked have expected dates of late April thus for surface shipping to get to the US it'll be after that.

Perhaps you could be patient, it's not HEDD's fault B&H sold to you when they knew they didn't have a firm ship date for them and Germany currently has a worsening COVID situation. Most of the European retailers seem to list these subs as available to pre-order but with no firm delivery date.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelgrian ➑️
HEDD's own communication on the products when they were announced was that the MKII speakers were 'available in January' and the subwoofers 'shortly afterwards' but no specific date given. As far as I can tell the monitors actually shipped in Feb and the subs have not shipped yet. Several German retailers I checked have expected dates of late April thus for surface shipping to get to the US it'll be after that.

Perhaps you could be patient, it's not HEDD's fault B&H sold to you when they knew they didn't have a firm ship date for them and Germany currently has a worsening COVID situation. Most of the European retailers seem to list these subs as available to pre-order but with no firm delivery date.
Sorry for the late reply. Patience is all I have. It's the lack of word that killed me. A couple of days ago the US distributor wrote me back that there are a lot of packages just hanging out at the dock in Germany or where ever. So word from him was what I needed.

Yes I know the Type 20 MK2 were supposed to ship early Jan and actually shipped mid Feb. I understand. I'm just frustrated. Thanks.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett ➑️
Sorry for the late reply. Patience is all I have. It's the lack of word that killed me. A couple of days ago the US distributor wrote me back that there are a lot of packages just hanging out at the dock in Germany or where ever. So word from him was what I needed.

Yes I know the Type 20 MK2 were supposed to ship early Jan and actually shipped mid Feb. I understand. I'm just frustrated. Thanks.
How are you finding the Mk2? As the first recipient of these little beauties on Gearsl......err I mean space, you have a solemn duty to let us all know.
Old 2 weeks ago
Founder

Gearspace.com hardware pro reviewer Arthur Stone is nearly done with his review!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I don't know what's going on, I ordered in December from AliExpress a bunch of leds.Almost 5 months later and I still didn't get them. Apparently, while most of the Western governments are bussy with the so-called pandemic situation, China's economy is booming, so my guess is that it's very hard for them to keep up with the demand, hence the long waiting time to receive the goods. Hedd components are produced in China and assembled in Germany, this might explain why they can't deliver faster.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I was told the sub will ship in June. Oh boy.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett ➑️
I was told the sub will ship in June. Oh boy.
It's only 45 days ahead or so, enough time to reconnect with the older sub that you have. Maybe you missed something, so 45 days of reflection should help.

It looks like the problem is in Germany, as I can have it at my door in maximum 7 days from thomann. I'm located in Eastern Europe (E.U.).

,Andrei
Old 2 weeks ago
Founder

"In stock within about one week" says the Thomann website today.
πŸ“ Reply