Quantcast
I can't find an EM21 primo Capsul - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I can't find an EM21 primo Capsul
Old 25th January 2021
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I can't find an EM21 primo Capsul

Well, i search many night on a web and i wondering if someone can sell me an EM21 capsul from Primo for complete the restoration of my mic ?

Hi, i restore an old mic, the Equitek E100 from CAD (not the E100₂), is the first edition in production arround 1998 to 2003 manufactured in USA

i have buy one in mint condition on ebay, since i recap the circuit and change the OPamp OP2107 for the better OP1642 like is suggest a great guy below :
https://atomiumamps.tumblr.com/post/...epairupgrade-i

well it was very difficult to de-soldering and make this stuff....but i'm disapointed about the noise-floor, it's the same level in my ear befor and after the recap and the change of OP...not different...i think maybe it's the electret capsul demagnetised due to his age (more than 20 years now)

I'm shure the capsule inside is the CARDOID PRIMO EM-21, it fit perfectly, but i contact the Primo.DE (deutchland) website and their answer is : We are sorry EM21 is available only for volume order

The Primo USA don't answer me yet but i'm affraid their answer is the same deal

Maybe i go in wrong way thinking is the caspul make more noise than the electronic....but today is the only element i'm not replaced by the new one, and when you know the capsul is 90% of the sound of the mic....

Someone can help me to have one Primo EM-21 capsul ?

(excuse me for my bad english vocabulary but i'm French and i do my best...but i leave in France and i can't practice my english every day in my country)

Thank for read me
📝 Reply