Neumann KH 750 - read before you buy it - Page 8 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neumann KH 750 - read before you buy it
Old 10th August 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarlebibo ➡️
Ok thanks a lot for your answers. Given that my KH750 is at a distance of around 4m from my interface, is there a XLR lenght limit for that kind of signal?
300’
Old 10th August 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarlebibo ➡️
Ok thanks a lot for your answers. Given that my KH750 is at a distance of around 4m from my interface, is there a XLR lenght limit for that kind of signal?
4m should be fine for either balanced (XLR) or unbalanced (BNC/coax). Balanced is usually better at rejecting strong RFI while coax works for much longer runs.
Old 15th August 2021
Here for the gear

Hi all. I am currently using the Eve Audio SC307's as my main nearfields. I'm looking to add a sub to increase the low end extension and take some weight off the 307's. I was using Sonarworks in my room but I recently installed a 32 channel console (+ 32 i/o RME digiface) and Sonarworks only has 2 outputs... so I can't make use of my 32 i/o.

The natural addition would be a TS108 or 110 sub but I was wondering, If I bought the KH750 Sub, would I be able to use the M1 DSP in conjunction with my EVE satalites? (and get the best out of it)?

As the DSP sits within the speaker itself, this would allow me to use room correction whilst making use of my 32 i/o.
Old 16th August 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made By Pete ➡️
Hi all. I am currently using the Eve Audio SC307's as my main nearfields. I'm looking to add a sub to increase the low end extension and take some weight off the 307's. I was using Sonarworks in my room but I recently installed a 32 channel console (+ 32 i/o RME digiface) and Sonarworks only has 2 outputs... so I can't make use of my 32 i/o.

The natural addition would be a TS108 or 110 sub but I was wondering, If I bought the KH750 Sub, would I be able to use the M1 DSP in conjunction with my EVE satalites? (and get the best out of it)?

As the DSP sits within the speaker itself, this would allow me to use room correction whilst making use of my 32 i/o.
There is another thread where this question is addressed:
NEUMANN KH 750 DSP + Non - Neumann satellites

Apparently the result is quite good, although the graphics provided are not entirely attractive.

I am quite convinced that MA-1 can be used to achieve a reasonable good correction with the KH750 and two non-Neumann monitors (with some limitation), although I think it could probably be optimized with the MA-1 itself (trial / error) or with REW and manual adjustment of the Neumann.Control App (trial / error again). It can be a bit time consuming, but calibration is done only once or rarely in the worst case.

On the other hand, it seems logical to think that an alignment with KH 750 + KH 80 could be tighter than when the two monitors are analog, since in the first case the DSP capacity is found in the three monitors and not just in one.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelyDani ➡️
There is another thread where this question is addressed:
NEUMANN KH 750 DSP + Non - Neumann satellites

Apparently the result is quite good, although the graphics provided are not entirely attractive.

I am quite convinced that MA-1 can be used to achieve a reasonable good correction with the KH750 and two non-Neumann monitors (with some limitation), although I think it could probably be optimized with the MA-1 itself (trial / error) or with REW and manual adjustment of the Neumann.Control App (trial / error again). It can be a bit time consuming, but calibration is done only once or rarely in the worst case.

On the other hand, it seems logical to think that an alignment with KH 750 + KH 80 could be tighter than when the two monitors are analog, since in the first case the DSP capacity is found in the three monitors and not just in one.
Thanks for this. I think it's definitely worth a try.
SRS
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
On a side note, the term "Room Correction" is a big smoke and mirrors marketing bit of lingo. There obviously is no correcting of the room happening. The "correction" is at the speakers. So you're still left with a "less-than-perfect" room.

Just to bring some focus back to the overall topic. Easier isn't often the better option.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Head
Hi, I am hoping to purchase the KH 750 and MA 1 mic to use with Non Neumann monitors. I will be using it with Yamaha NS10’s.

I would like to know how best to set this up for the initial alignment process! My NS10’s are connected to my Yamaha amp (AS301 model) and the amp only has a single RCA Jack sub output. Whereas I was advised to connect the outputs of the KH750 to the amp, but this does not seem to be an option, as the NS10’s are connected bare wire to amp and obviously I cannot do the same for the sub. So what is the best way to perhaps do this for the initial setup? So that I can take advantage of the DSP and MA 1 mic alignment?

I also am using an Audient Nero Monitor Controller, small soundcraft analog mixer and Apollo Twin.

I just cannot seem to find much info or videos showing setting up KH750 with ma 1 mic and alignment software for non Neumann monitors. So any pointers or help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks in advance.😄
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMi ➡️
Hi, I am hoping to purchase the KH 750 and MA 1 mic to use with Non Neumann monitors. I will be using it with Yamaha NS10’s.

I would like to know how best to set this up for the initial alignment process! My NS10’s are connected to my Yamaha amp (AS301 model) and the amp only has a single RCA Jack sub output. Whereas I was advised to connect the outputs of the KH750 to the amp, but this does not seem to be an option, as the NS10’s are connected bare wire to amp and obviously I cannot do the same for the sub. So what is the best way to perhaps do this for the initial setup? So that I can take advantage of the DSP and MA 1 mic alignment?

I also am using an Audient Nero Monitor Controller, small soundcraft analog mixer and Apollo Twin.

I just cannot seem to find much info or videos showing setting up KH750 with ma 1 mic and alignment software for non Neumann monitors. So any pointers or help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks in advance.😄
You must connected the speakers to the kh750. The kh will do the crossover with the high pass for the speakers.
You cannot use your ns10
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinococcus ➡️
You must connected the speakers to the kh750. The kh will do the crossover with the high pass for the speakers.
You cannot use your ns10
In my opinion you perfectly can, connecting the speaker outputs of the KH 750 (XLR) to the inputs of your Yamaha amplifier (spdif?). You would need an adapter.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
it seems logical to think that an alignment with KH 750 + KH 80 could be tighter than when the two monitors are analog, since in the first case the DSP capacity is found in the three monitors and not just in one.
Is this setup and Genelec’s GLM/SAM the only fully integral “room correction” design that exists outside of a program like sonarworks?

I don’t understand why Neumann hasn’t added DSP to any monitors past the KH 80 since they’ve had them out for how many years now?

Then there is other DSP such as HEDD’s lineariser which says to use sonarworks separately, which kinda make sense but the. You don’t have the phase alignment from the sub to the monitors through DSP.

All of this makes me just want to go with something that doesn’t have all the tech like amphions, which relies solely on speaker design. Then there is other technology like PSI AVAA.

I could keep going.. we are lucky to have all this tech but it is leading to option paralysis for me.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Sattler ➡️
Is this setup and Genelec’s GLM/SAM the only fully integral “room correction” design that exists outside of a program like sonarworks?

I don’t understand why Neumann hasn’t added DSP to any monitors past the KH 80 since they’ve had them out for how many years now?

Then there is other DSP such as HEDD’s lineariser which says to use sonarworks separately, which kinda make sense but the. You don’t have the phase alignment from the sub to the monitors through DSP.

All of this makes me just want to go with something that doesn’t have all the tech like amphions, which relies solely on speaker design. Then there is other technology like PSI AVAA.

I could keep going.. we are lucky to have all this tech but it is leading to option paralysis for me.
I'm just happy Neumann has allowed the option for the 750 to improve my KH120A pair.

For my size of room, the KH750 is perfect - compact, but tight and more than enough juice (sometimes at higher volumes I wonder if the subbass is doing structural damage!!!)

Given I've had my KH120 for nearly 10 years now, i've got an obvious replacement if they go the way of the dodo - just swap in 2 KH80D - tho maybe by that time Neumann will have a compatible 120 (the 120D is just DA converter no DSP) out too....

Very happy withy the results of mine - just wish the software was a bit more user friendly and full-featured

- Mute/ defeat sub (virtual footswitch)
- Easier tweaking of levels
- Easier recalibration
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
In my opinion you perfectly can, connecting the speaker outputs of the KH 750 (XLR) to the inputs of your Yamaha amplifier (spdif?). You would need an adapter.

1) If you do not understand the interest of the kh750 and the the usefulness of the MA-1, buy an hifi subwoofer, B&k make sealed subwoofers.

2) the outup level of the rca are inferior of the output level of the xlr.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
1) If you do not understand the interest of the kh750 and the the usefulness of the MA-1, buy an hifi subwoofer, B&k make sealed subwoofers.

1) I’ve got at home a KH 750 + 2 KH 80, properly aligned with MA-1.

2) Output level? INPUT level. I’m talking about the RCA Yamaha amplifier inputs connected to the KH 750 XLR outputs.

Inferior? What do you mean?
Gear Head
Quote:
Thank you SteelyDani for your helpful response. Thats great thank you. Just was unsure of the best way to connect the amp to KH750, so thank you for clarifying.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave ➡️
I'm just happy Neumann has allowed the option for the 750 to improve my KH120A pair.

For my size of room, the KH750 is perfect - compact, but tight and more than enough juice (sometimes at higher volumes I wonder if the subbass is doing structural damage!!!)

Given I've had my KH120 for nearly 10 years now, i've got an obvious replacement if they go the way of the dodo - just swap in 2 KH80D - tho maybe by that time Neumann will have a compatible 120 (the 120D is just DA converter no DSP) out too....

Very happy withy the results of mine - just wish the software was a bit more user friendly and full-featured

- Mute/ defeat sub (virtual footswitch)
- Easier tweaking of levels
- Easier recalibration
Hi there gollumslave,
I have a pair of KH120s and have been thinking long and hard about adding the KH750&MA1 combo. One issue I have is that the only place I can really place the sub is below my desk by my feet. For various reasons (door on one side, storage on other) I can’t place it anywhere else. Did you have to tweak the placement of the sub much?

I was initially looking at KH310s but feel the DSP option the KH750 adds is probably more suitable for my room.

Also did you find the sub tightened the response of the KH120s in any way? I’ve had mine for nearly 10 years and never truly loved them, but find i’m very used to them now.
Gear Head
Quote:

Thanks dinococcus, Although, it does seem rather reasonable of me to seek advise on a platform such as this, especially with the knowledge and experience of fellow users!

Thanks for recommendation, but I have decided upon the Neumann KH750.

However, I am not entirely sure regarding your point about output level of rca being inferior?! When I was merely connecting sub-outs to rca inputs or most likely spdif, as SteelyDani kindly recommended for the purpose of alignment process only?! After which I will be connecting sub-out of monitor controller (Trs) to KH750.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by recall ➡️
Hi there gollumslave,
I have a pair of KH120s and have been thinking long and hard about adding the KH750&MA1 combo. One issue I have is that the only place I can really place the sub is below my desk by my feet. For various reasons (door on one side, storage on other) I can’t place it anywhere else. Did you have to tweak the placement of the sub much?

I was initially looking at KH310s but feel the DSP option the KH750 adds is probably more suitable for my room.

Also did you find the sub tightened the response of the KH120s in any way? I’ve had mine for nearly 10 years and never truly loved them, but find i’m very used to them now.
Don't know if it helps, but added a pic to show my placement - it's directly under my desk; somewhat the same I don't have too many other options on placement - but I did try to the right of my desk and much preferred it central, after calibrating and auditioning both positions.

The bass response of this system for mixing has been massive improvement for me - both in terms of vs KH120A full range and with the older Presonus sub I had.

In addition to low-end decisions,
Verb / fx decisions are also easier since adding the sub - both in terms of hi-passing verbs but also picking out spacial elements from the mix; this is clearly an improvement compared to KH20A on their own - I can only assume that is the DSP / calibration process that has made the change.

NB, I have 4 sizable bass traps behind my desk which obviously help here.

As others have noted this sub is not advised for apartments or adjoining party walls with neighbors - it kicks out - so I'd definitely factor that in!
Attached Thumbnails
Neumann KH 750 - read before you buy it-20210915_174343.jpg  
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
You cannot use your ns10
Just to confirm I have contacted Neumann and they also confirmed something that I already thought and read about from fellow users, which is I am able to use the MA1 alignment software with the KH750 and non Neumann monitors. Just in configuration stage within software I need to select KH120’s as monitors, which are really my NS10’s. Others on here have also done so using non Neumann monitors with the KH750 DSP and with good results. Hope that this helps to clear up the issue whether this can be done or not for others who are possibly considering it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave ➡️
Don't know if it helps, but added a pic to show my placement - it's directly under my desk; somewhat the same I don't have too many other options on placement - but I did try to the right of my desk and much preferred it central, after calibrating and auditioning both positions.

The bass response of this system for mixing has been massive improvement for me - both in terms of vs KH120A full range and with the older Presonus sub I had.

In addition to low-end decisions,
Verb / fx decisions are also easier since adding the sub - both in terms of hi-passing verbs but also picking out spacial elements from the mix; this is clearly an improvement compared to KH20A on their own - I can only assume that is the DSP / calibration process that has made the change.

NB, I have 4 sizable bass traps behind my desk which obviously help here.

As others have noted this sub is not advised for apartments or adjoining party walls with neighbors - it kicks out - so I'd definitely factor that in!
This is good news. I have around 8 GIK bass traps in the mix room, but acoustically it is still not ideal but i’m limited to where I can place the speakers due to doors/window location. Sonarworks helps but I have the feeling that the MA1 systwm will be better. Going to see if my local supplier can let me trial it for a bit.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by recall ➡️
This is good news. I have around 8 GIK bass traps in the mix room, but acoustically it is still not ideal but i’m limited to where I can place the speakers due to doors/window location. Sonarworks helps but I have the feeling that the MA1 systwm will be better. Going to see if my local supplier can let me trial it for a bit.
Which bass traps did you go with? The 244’s I got will go up on the ceiling. Luckily the cloud bracket will appreciate a gap to improve the low end absorption.

I wish I wouldn’t have just stuck with monster traps and avoided anything smaller than that.
📝 Reply