The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Requisite Pal Plus?
Old 9th October 2021 | Show parent
  #31
Lives for gear
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enarht ➡️
Had a L2M with a very noisy channel.
Our tech didn’t find the culprit. Requisite was not forthcoming at all. He just blamed it on grounding (something our guru tech with 40 years of experience laughed off). Requisite stopped replying.
The unit ended up on the shelf. Thousands of dollars for nothing. Have never had such a bad experience with a piece of gear before or after. No help.
that’s a shame at these prices

my only experience with needing support for high end gear has been pretty good fortunately (Chandler in particular has been spectacular) but I know each manufacturer offers a different standard of support
Old 10th October 2021 | Show parent
  #32
Gear Nut
 
It is difficult with these (afaik) basically one man operations. They might do great stuff for a while, then life happens in some way, and it might take a while before they are back up on top. I might have hit such a spot with requisite, i don’t know, but it was a costly experience. I have tended to avoid boutiqe stuff lately.
Old 13th October 2021 | Show parent
  #33
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo ➡️
Grab one!
I have an opertunity to buy a Mk I that was upgraded by Danny to Mk II
They are asking for $5300 which seems quite steep but since these units come very rarely for sale I am wondering if its worth it or to buy a new Fearn
Words of wisdom from Will ?
Old 13th October 2021 | Show parent
  #34
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udi Koomran ➡️
I have an opertunity to buy a Mk I that was upgraded by Danny to Mk II
They are asking for $5300 which seems quite steep but since these units come very rarely for sale I am wondering if its worth it or to buy a new Fearn
Words of wisdom from Will ?
Considering that it cost around $3500 for a Pal Plus mkIII new, I would not pay that much and would go with a new DW Fearn or mkIII direct from Requisite. From my experience a Pal Plus mkII should be around $2200 - $2500 used.
Old 13th October 2021 | Show parent
  #35
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo ➡️
Considering that it cost around $3500 for a Pal Plus mkIII new, I would not pay that much and would go with a new DW Fearn or mkIII direct from Requisite. From my experience a Pal Plus mkII should be around $2200 - $2500 used.
Sorry for misleading the unit is stereo so ... ?
I really subscribe to Danny's idea of marrieing a preampp and a compressor
The is one of the Pal selling points for me
Old 13th October 2021 | Show parent
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udi Koomran ➡️
Sorry for misleading the unit is stereo so ... ?
I really subscribe to Danny's idea of marrieing a preampp and a compressor
The is one of the Pal selling points for me
If they are the non red colored MkI's that were upgraded that will make them around 20 years old. Closer to $4000-$4500 for the pair would be fair price IMHO.
Old 15th October 2021 | Show parent
  #37
Lives for gear
 
Paul_G's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo ➡️
If they are the non red colored MkI's that were upgraded that will make them around 20 years old. Closer to $4000-$4500 for the pair would be fair price IMHO.
Yes I sold a Mk1 for about $2000 a year ago.
Old 23rd February 2022 | Show parent
  #38
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G ➡️
Yes I sold a Mk1 for about $2000 a year ago.
Dear Paul
How does the requisite compare with the Coil Audio stuff ?
Old 23rd February 2022
  #39
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL ➡️
What is your opinion / experiences with this preamp-compressor?
How is the sound?
Thanks!
Anyone here had the expirience of comparing the mk ii and the Mk iii ?
What are the sonic distinctions between these
Old 24th February 2022 | Show parent
  #40
Lives for gear
 
Paul_G's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udi Koomran ➡️
Dear Paul
How does the requisite compare with the Coil Audio stuff ?
Very different indeed. The Coil is much bigger and darker where the Req is lighter and seems to carry more air.
Old 24th February 2022 | Show parent
  #41
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G ➡️
Very different indeed. The Coil is much bigger and darker where the Req is lighter and seems to carry more air.
I like the Coil 286 a lot
I tried the Pal briefly against my NPNG and indeed the Pal seemed fuller in a very pleasant way and let itself to some high freq shelf in a very satisfying way
I am finding hard to make up my mind
I don’t record much vocals
More acoustic and electric guitars and other acoistic instruments
It would best to own both but i don’t record that much to justify it
Old 25th February 2022 | Show parent
  #42
Lives for gear
 
Paul_G's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udi Koomran ➡️
I like the Coil 286 a lot
I tried the Pal briefly against my NPNG and indeed the Pal seemed fuller in a very pleasant way and let itself to some high freq shelf in a very satisfying way
I am finding hard to make up my mind
I don’t record much vocals
More acoustic and electric guitars and other acoistic instruments
It would best to own both but i don’t record that much to justify it
I like the simplicity of the Coil pre amps. The Requisite was quite a complicated design by comparison but it did have that airy, lift on a vocal which suits modern recordings.
These days my taste is shifting back towards a "darker or warmer" sound though so I don't miss it. The Coil is the nuts for guitars!
A good compromise is the Tree Branch II, which can be bright or not depending on the eq etc.
Old 24th September 2022 | Show parent
  #43
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 15 years
I bought a pair of Requisite Audio PAL Plus Mk III's in 2005 that were piggy backed on a Sony Nashville order. I think Sony ordered 14 custom units, and because the faceplates were printed in batches of 16, there were two extra units. The mods do not include the mic link or the -20dB pad, but add a +10dB output and polarity reverse. All things equal, the timing was perfect. These units are entirely point-to-point soldered by hand. With the tube power supply, it's a total of 10u.

This is one of the few pieces of equipment you could purchase having never seen or heard and leave feeling like it was one of the best purchases you ever made. In my case, after a year I was finally able to unload other preamps. It's been 17 years since making that purchase and for everything non-tube I've used an Audio Upgrades High Speed Mic Pre.

You can't go wrong with this preamp.
Old 25th September 2022
  #44
Lives for gear
 
Paul_G's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL ➡️
What is your opinion / experiences with this preamp-compressor?
How is the sound?
Thanks!
You sold me yours and it wasn't in great shape.
Old 25th September 2022 | Show parent
  #45
Lives for gear
 
Paul_G's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL ➡️
Hi Paul!
first, you answer to a 4 years old question, and second as I told you by pm earlier you seriously lack class! if something went bad during shipping, you should have contacted me and I would have been happy to help, but you prefer to show muscles on the public place.
If you want, you can send me back my c12, I miss it as well! 😉
Nothing went bad during shipping, it was just old and knackered. If anyone lacks class It's you for selling an old piece of ....
Old 26th September 2022 | Show parent
  #46
Lives for gear
 
Paul_G's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL ➡️
One more class act! I already saw you like bad talking from time to time on the forum, maybe to show other people how great you are, I let you enjoy your moments! cheers and good vibes on you!
Guilty conscience?
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47
Lives for gear
 
Paul_G's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL ➡️
One more class act! I already saw you like bad talking from time to time on the forum, maybe to show other people how great you are, I let you enjoy your moments! cheers and good vibes on you!
Funny how some French are first to criticise but don’t like criticism.
At least make sense. FFS.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #48
Lives for gear
 
KIDBILL's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Back on requisite, my Pal + was a awesome sounding unit, still Maihak V41 preamp was even better. Stunning for a all original unit of 70 years old...
Would like to get some requisite compressor, really nice!

Last edited by KIDBILL; 2nd October 2022 at 05:42 PM..
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #49
Lives for gear
 
Paul_G's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL ➡️
"for **** sake", interesting talk Paul!
could you develop why you keep on searching friends support? looking for a psychologist?


Back on requisite, my Pal + was a awesome sounding unit, still Maihak V41 preamp was even better. Stunning for a all original unit of 70 years old...
Would like to get some requisite compressor, really nice!
I don’t need friends support I’ve lived there. Tedious people who are always correct. Requisite would be great if it wasn’t so expensive and it actually worked. Coils are much better.
Old 2nd October 2022 | Show parent
  #50
Lives for gear
 
daaronhoffman's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL ➡️
We always talk about ourself
You two need to get a cheap hotel room and just have some serious rough sex! 😂🤣
Old 2nd October 2022 | Show parent
  #51
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by daaronhoffman ➡️
You two need to get a cheap hotel room and just have some serious rough sex! 😂🤣
I'm beginning to think it's one guy talking to himself...
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 73 views: 32789
Avatar for monkeyxx
monkeyxx 24th May 2013
replies: 56607 views: 4260389
Avatar for Bemore
Bemore 14 minutes ago
replies: 5917 views: 826067
Avatar for Antagonist
Antagonist 27th November 2022
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump