The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AnaMod : ATS-1 Tape Simulator
Old 12th December 2010 | Show parent
  #1591
Lives for gear
 
littlesicily's Avatar
 
16 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge ➑️
yeah.I use a real m79 for that sound.and its a great sound
RB... 24, 16 or 2trk?
Old 12th December 2010 | Show parent
  #1592
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesicily ➑️
RB... 24, 16 or 2trk?
2 tk,8 tk, scully,24 t studer
Old 12th December 2010 | Show parent
  #1593
Lives for gear
 
littlesicily's Avatar
 
16 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge ➑️
2 tk,8 tk, scully,24 t studer
wow, nice setup.
Old 14th December 2010 | Show parent
  #1594
Gear Maniac
 
Ganglion's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
does anyone know of a place in LA that rents anamods? I'm about to be mixing a record, and i'd like to give it a whirl.
Old 14th December 2010 | Show parent
  #1595
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
PM roundbadge.
Old 16th December 2010 | Show parent
  #1596
Lives for gear
 
littlesicily's Avatar
 
16 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Others settings

For tracking and mixing, I've mostly been using the 351/GP9 combo, sometimes the 111 tape card.
Anyone find other combos u like for specific applications?
Old 2nd February 2011 | Show parent
  #1597
Gear Head
 
vegasking-pr.'s Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I have to thank littlesicily for turning me on to the anamod. After hearing what his did to a mix where every track was ran through it...I had to have one. Writing that check hurt! But in my first session with it last week, what it does for lead vocals is really so so nice!
Old 2nd February 2011 | Show parent
  #1598
Lives for gear
 
heyman's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasking-pr. ➑️
I have to thank littlesicily for turning me on to the anamod. After hearing what his did to a mix where every track was ran through it...I had to have one. Writing that check hurt! But in my first session with it last week, what it does for lead vocals is really so so nice!
Vegas, which card and tape did you use for the entire mix?
Old 3rd February 2011 | Show parent
  #1599
Lives for gear
 
heyman's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock ➑️
Halo,

Also, there are people like me who were critical of the Anamod without hearing it. I have used tape for years and I assumed that the Anamod could not really emulate tape.

I was wrong. The Anamod is a great studio tool that very accurately emulates tape. After hearing it I was impressed.

I plan to keep my mix down tape deck but I can certanly see my studio becoming tapeless in the future with the Anamod being used in our studio.

Tape is on the way out and for many of us that have romanticized tape and love its sound - the Anamod will feel right at home in the studio
I loved it the first time I heard it at AES 2007 in NY on a pair of headphones..
I bought it shortly after and have not looked back. Cant wait to get the atr-102 card.. That is my next purchase..
PS- Love the 351 and also bought a pair of 660's..
Old 3rd February 2011 | Show parent
  #1600
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock ➑️
Halo,

Also, there are people like me who were critical of the Anamod without hearing it. I have used tape for years and I assumed that the Anamod could not really emulate tape.

I was wrong. The Anamod is a great studio tool that very accurately emulates tape. After hearing it I was impressed.
Wow.

I guess we're gonna have nothing to debate about now
Old 3rd February 2011 | Show parent
  #1601
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman ➑️
Cant wait to get the atr-102 card.. That is my next purchase..
PS- Love the 351 and also bought a pair of 660's..
Everything above is exactly my situation heh
Old 3rd February 2011 | Show parent
  #1602
Lives for gear
 
littlesicily's Avatar
 
16 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman ➑️
Everything above is exactly my situation heh
man, that's a nice chain!
Old 3rd February 2011 | Show parent
  #1603
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
I think it's time I hear one of these. I found info on the external cards that can be purchased. What are the tape formulations that come with the unit?
Old 3rd February 2011 | Show parent
  #1604
Lives for gear
 
littlesicily's Avatar
 
16 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularDemand ➑️
I think it's time I hear one of these. I found info on the external cards that can be purchased. What are the tape formulations that come with the unit?
call greg at anamod and he'll hook you up w/ trial. other details on their website.

Anamod Audio
Old 3rd February 2011 | Show parent
  #1605
Lives for gear
 
heyman's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
One thing I like to do with the anamod is use it on overheads. I found that it can not only tame some harshness, but also bring the whole kit together and just make everything sound cohesive.

thumbsup
Old 3rd February 2011 | Show parent
  #1606
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
nice.
Old 4th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1607
Lives for gear
 
superburtm's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
so am I right in saying that the general consensus is that Anamod is great for tracking? DO you guys like to mix into it as if it were a tapedeck?
Old 4th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1608
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularDemand ➑️
What are the tape formulations that come with the unit?
456, GP9

And A800, M79 for the Machine cards.
Old 4th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1609
Gear Head
 
vegasking-pr.'s Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Heyman..

It was the GP9/351 combo that little sicily talked of earlier. Like I said hearing one mix with it one every track...one mix without it. Same plugs etc....was frustrating cause I knew I just dropped 3k!!!
Old 4th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1610
Lives for gear
 
exwel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by superburtm ➑️
so am I right in saying that the general consensus is that Anamod is great for tracking? DO you guys like to mix into it as if it were a tapedeck?

I mix in SSL G - GML8200 - Anamod ATS... Love it!!
Old 4th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1611
Lives for gear
 
bcgood's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by exwel ➑️
I mix in SSL G - GML8200 - Anamod ATS... Love it!!
I love that chain!

If the band was tracked to tape and mixed on API that's one of my favorite sounds as far as gear set up goes.
Old 14th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1612
Lives for gear
 
Space Station's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by exwel ➑️
I mix in SSL G - GML8200 - Anamod ATS... Love it!!
that is my chain too.. under-biasing rules!
Old 14th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1613
Lives for gear
 
littlesicily's Avatar
 
16 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman ➑️
One thing I like to do with the anamod is use it on overheads. I found that it can not only tame some harshness, but also bring the whole kit together and just make everything sound cohesive.

thumbsup
any particular setting you use for that?
Old 14th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1614
Lives for gear
 
yeloocproducer's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I've tried to justify selling it a couple of times and couldn't bring myself to it... and I've got a nice ATR102 here. It just comes in too handy and sounds great.

I like the ATR setting with 456. That's probably my favorite but the 351 has been used a couple times.
Old 14th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1615
Engagement Manager
 
Sniperschool's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by exwel ➑️
I mix in SSL G - GML8200 - Anamod ATS... Love it!!
used that exact chain an hour ago
often swap out the 8200 for an IBIS or a pair of Pultces
but often find that a little under or over Bias takes the place of a high EQ boost
Old 14th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1616
Lives for gear
 
littlesicily's Avatar
 
16 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperschool ➑️
used that exact chain an hour ago
often swap out the 8200 for an IBIS or a pair of Pultces
but often find that a little under or over Bias takes the place of a high EQ boost
do u mean the actual bias knob or the LF and HF knobs?
Old 14th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1617
Lives for gear
 
Dirty Halo's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock ➑️
Halo,

Also, there are people like me who were critical of the Anamod without hearing it. I have used tape for years and I assumed that the Anamod could not really emulate tape.

I was wrong. The Anamod is a great studio tool that very accurately emulates tape. After hearing it I was impressed.

I plan to keep my mix down tape deck but I can certanly see my studio becoming tapeless in the future with the Anamod being used in our studio.

Tape is on the way out and for many of us that have romanticized tape and love its sound - the Anamod will feel right at home in the studio

Peacock (sorry, couldn't shorten your name to the last half like you did heh)

I'm REALLY happy you like the Anamod as well and man, I give you my upmost respect for you post! Truly

There's not enough folks like you who appreciate these tools we all have at our disposal without clinging into our "positions."

I guess, we are the winners in the end when we get a piece of gear like this that we get to use daily and help us make our music better... maybe corny, but true!

-andrews
Old 14th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1618
Lives for gear
 
exwel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station ➑️
that is my chain too.. under-biasing rules!
nice!

You mean you put the bias knob in the min...counter wise?

I believe i have it at 9 a clock
Old 14th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1619
Engagement Manager
 
Sniperschool's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesicily ➑️
do u mean the actual bias knob or the LF and HF knobs?
the Bias knob
thumbsup
Old 14th February 2011 | Show parent
  #1620
Lives for gear
 
Space Station's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by exwel ➑️
nice!

You mean you put the bias knob in the min...counter wise?

I believe i have it at 9 a clock
Yep..9'oclock or more here.
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 88 views: 17041
Avatar for yeloocproducer
yeloocproducer 31st October 2009
replies: 358 views: 69416
Avatar for fromthepuggle
fromthepuggle 24th January 2021
replies: 352 views: 38737
Avatar for DAH
DAH 24th November 2020
replies: 83 views: 8502
Avatar for Rsantana
Rsantana 22nd July 2015
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump