The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Finally, console is in!
Old 19th January 2007 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
NOT A PROBLEM

I have been producing for years and my mailman doesnt know any of the records I have made, no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadumr ➡️
Sorry David - the link is in your profile. I hope you didn't mind me spilling the beans!!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
my god.. what is the mixer with the tall vu's in the background shots of the studio? It looks like god himself built it

ERic
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereomixer ➡️
I have been producing for years and my mailman doesnt know any of the records I have made, no worries.

That's f'n crazy, I didn't know that was you. I was just talking about you with band last night...
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
well

Thats the 8088 at Water music, built by God on the 7th day. The shot is super-imposed, either that or stop the bad drugs.
imagine VU'S that big!!!!!! cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsinvelvet ➡️
my god.. what is the mixer with the tall vu's in the background shots of the studio? It looks like god himself built it

ERic

🎧 15 years
David,

Looks great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. One question I had; it says G+ but doesn't have the DK meter. Early G+? Desk Doctor custom? Just gearslutz curiosity.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Heinz 57

The console is a G with a G+ computer. It was originally delivered to Right Track when it was new in 1991 in New York.
They upgraded the computer to a G+ and I guess Right Track were able to get a sticker. The console is TR and has Ultimation and sounds like it should. SLAMMING HARD!! Bruce the Desk Dr. did a lot of mods including the interface and the computer. We still have a lot of work to do on some of the faders and it needs some more mods, but it sounds like a G with E to me. I have been working on the J for the last 5 years everyday, It does not compare to this console for Rock music in the head room dept. You can push this console a lot harder and the EQ to me is a lot less "round" and has a more musical sound.
I miss the automated sends and I miss the ease of the location positioning, But I dont miss that squishy boomy sound at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfrigo ➡️
David,

Looks great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. One question I had; it says G+ but doesn't have the DK meter. Early G+? Desk Doctor custom? Just gearslutz curiosity.
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereomixer ➡️
I have been working on the J for the last 5 years everyday, It does not compare to this console for Rock music in the head room dept. You can push this console a lot harder and the EQ to me is a lot less "round" and has a more musical sound.
I miss the automated sends and I miss the ease of the location positioning, But I dont miss that squishy boomy sound at all.
And my thoughts exactly.thumbsup
📝 Reply