The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Finally, console is in!
Old 19th January 2007 | Show parent
  #31
Gear Addict
 
stereomixer's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
NOT A PROBLEM

I have been producing for years and my mailman doesnt know any of the records I have made, no worries.



Quote:
Originally Posted by nadumr ➡️
Sorry David - the link is in your profile. I hope you didn't mind me spilling the beans!!
Old 19th January 2007 | Show parent
  #32
Lives for gear
 
rainsinvelvet's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
my god.. what is the mixer with the tall vu's in the background shots of the studio? It looks like god himself built it

ERic
Old 19th January 2007 | Show parent
  #33
Lives for gear
 
djui5's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereomixer ➡️
I have been producing for years and my mailman doesnt know any of the records I have made, no worries.

That's f'n crazy, I didn't know that was you. I was just talking about you with band last night...
Old 19th January 2007 | Show parent
  #34
Gear Addict
 
stereomixer's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
well

Thats the 8088 at Water music, built by God on the 7th day. The shot is super-imposed, either that or stop the bad drugs.
imagine VU'S that big!!!!!! cool.




Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsinvelvet ➡️
my god.. what is the mixer with the tall vu's in the background shots of the studio? It looks like god himself built it

ERic
Old 19th January 2007 | Show parent
  #35
Moderator
 
jayfrigo's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
David,

Looks great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. One question I had; it says G+ but doesn't have the DK meter. Early G+? Desk Doctor custom? Just gearslutz curiosity.
Old 19th January 2007 | Show parent
  #36
Gear Addict
 
stereomixer's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Heinz 57

The console is a G with a G+ computer. It was originally delivered to Right Track when it was new in 1991 in New York.
They upgraded the computer to a G+ and I guess Right Track were able to get a sticker. The console is TR and has Ultimation and sounds like it should. SLAMMING HARD!! Bruce the Desk Dr. did a lot of mods including the interface and the computer. We still have a lot of work to do on some of the faders and it needs some more mods, but it sounds like a G with E to me. I have been working on the J for the last 5 years everyday, It does not compare to this console for Rock music in the head room dept. You can push this console a lot harder and the EQ to me is a lot less "round" and has a more musical sound.
I miss the automated sends and I miss the ease of the location positioning, But I dont miss that squishy boomy sound at all.




Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfrigo ➡️
David,

Looks great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. One question I had; it says G+ but doesn't have the DK meter. Early G+? Desk Doctor custom? Just gearslutz curiosity.
Old 19th January 2007 | Show parent
  #37
Gear Guru
 
thethrillfactor's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereomixer ➡️
I have been working on the J for the last 5 years everyday, It does not compare to this console for Rock music in the head room dept. You can push this console a lot harder and the EQ to me is a lot less "round" and has a more musical sound.
I miss the automated sends and I miss the ease of the location positioning, But I dont miss that squishy boomy sound at all.
And my thoughts exactly.thumbsup
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 72 views: 115762
Avatar for Nightshifter
Nightshifter 27th October 2015
replies: 577 views: 32672
Avatar for kdm
kdm 1st July 2009
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump