The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi I've still got around 20 Gearslutz badges left. I'll be hovering on booth 266 if you want to pop by and claim one...

Geoff_T
replies: 5 views: 1,689
Geoff_T 21st October 2003

I need some Help. I have a mackie 1402 vlz pro, which I use to record and I get real pretty good tones out of it. I just read a...

lanemeyer16
replies: 1 views: 1,405
Bernd G 21st October 2003

hello all.... i started a thred a couple of weeks ago about someone building me a power supply for my benchmark...

Marshall Simmons
replies: 0 views: 1,325
Marshall Simmons 21st October 2003

I'm looking for manufacturers distributors of balanced power and uninterruptible power supplies in europe so I don't have to pay...

7rojo7
replies: 13 views: 1,956
7rojo7 21st October 2003

Long Shot here... We have a euphonx cs3000 that I have been having a partcular problem with for a while. A number of our...

agentthumb
replies: 8 views: 1,574
Bernd G 20th October 2003

hi everyone. i'm looking into building 6 channels of mic pre. i was lucky enough to score 6 mic input transformers out of an...

fatty
replies: 3 views: 4,152
gyraf 20th October 2003

I have a 4 channel benchmark pre that i purchased without a power supply. Can someone build me a power supply to power it? I...

Marshall Simmons
replies: 0 views: 1,199
Marshall Simmons 19th October 2003

Goddamn thing grrr One of my Mytek 8X96's is now intermittently clicking and popping on one channel. The problem didn't...

Jax
replies: 0 views: 1,501
Jax 16th October 2003

While changing grills on my B&Ks (I have 4 B&K 4006s) the other day, I noticed that the capsules were pretty...

fifthcircle
replies: 5 views: 13,755
Tousana 16th October 2003

I was looking at the AES breakouts for Yamaha products and I had a question... I notice that for the 8 channels, there are a...

fifthcircle
replies: 3 views: 3,680
Tim Farrant 15th October 2003

Hi Jakob my other question is: I've got a Revox G 36 that seems to need adjustment - one of the outputs is quieter than the...

Rumi
replies: 1 views: 2,789
gyraf 14th October 2003

I just aquired two of these seem(norway) compressor modules and im wondering if anyone has heard these ? Mostly though im...

ultima
replies: 1 views: 1,657
Nutmeg II. 6th October 2003

I read in another thread about recapping guitar electronics with Jensen copper foil in oil capacitors, specifically. Will this...

flexoffset
replies: 7 views: 1,942
Jay Kahrs 6th October 2003

I have a pile of Neumann and other German modules I collected through the years with the initial idea to build a line mixer to...

andre tchmil
replies: 1 views: 1,928
Gone Fission 4th October 2003

I wonder! The capsule in the BETA looks like it is the same like it could be the same as in the BETA 57/58. Could it be that the...

Nutmeg II.
replies: 1 views: 1,921
Bernd G 3rd October 2003

Hey all... Don't post much here, but read often. Looking to make some new XLRs for my remote rig and was wondering what...

Heath
replies: 5 views: 1,386
dingo 2nd October 2003

I am not up on the G5 spec. I read that it is a osX only box. at the apple site Is there ,or will there likely be a hack to...

theom
replies: 0 views: 1,458
theom 1st October 2003

In short and to the point : situation : on the edge of building a studio (A and B) complex. Construction to start this winter....

C.Lambrechts
replies: 4 views: 4,376
cashewcupcake 30th September 2003

I have several Brent Averill / API 312 recaps. When I got them the Gain pots they used were linear rather than tapered audio pots...

JB3
replies: 7 views: 1,522
Tim Farrant 29th September 2003

Sound is a mechanical, longitudinal and a pressure wave. If we put our ear on a train railing and hear the train approaching...

syra
replies: 5 views: 1,558
syra 23rd September 2003

There are conections on the 1176 to plug in exernal metering, I'am intrested tu do a PPM that could be used there. Anybody know...

Nutmeg II.
replies: 10 views: 2,918
Nutmeg II. 23rd September 2003

I am interested in setting up some kind of system that will allow a light to glow when the speaker recieves a voltage from the...

30 ips
replies: 10 views: 1,710
Tim Farrant 19th September 2003

Dave Derr sent me this... Two engineering students were walking across campus when one said, "Where did you get such a...

Jules
replies: 2 views: 1,899
syra 19th September 2003

I want to make a device that will reamp stuff. Yeah baby. Reamping is cool. Anyone know of a DIY reamp?

Bang
replies: 1 views: 3,210
Jeff Goodman 16th September 2003

Hi, is there any schematic on the web to convert the level/impedance from an ssl insert send to an guitar stomp box (electro...

toolstudio
replies: 4 views: 2,458
cymatics 16th September 2003

wtf ??? saw this inside the tab-funkenwerk DI.

cashewcupcake
replies: 14 views: 2,237
Mike Tholen 14th September 2003

I'm interested in learning a bit more about the differences in technology between a ribbon and a condensor microphone. Here's...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 7 views: 10,489
Paul Frindle 14th September 2003

So, I was pulled up short by a question from a kid in the studio today, and I didn't have a good answer for him. Maybe the Slutz...

smoothmoniker
replies: 4 views: 2,726
smoothmoniker 13th September 2003

I am hoping to bring the following gear across from UK all of which have UK power supplys. The following have switches that...

petermeechanuk
replies: 3 views: 2,059
petermeechanuk 10th September 2003

OK, this has been beaten to death on many forums, but unfortunately the information keeps changing.... It has been the past...

oldgearguy
replies: 2 views: 7,828
Tim Farrant 10th September 2003

Hi guys , We have a Neve 1064 module that has developed a little problem. It was working fine and then suddenly started...

droog
replies: 5 views: 2,877
Wiggy Neve Slut 9th September 2003

Hi... The time has come for me to get to know some tech ****.. I feel i need to get to know how to read a circuit and know...

Wiggy Neve Slut
replies: 11 views: 3,034
rylos 4th September 2003

Hi, I have recently accuired an old soundcraft 400b board and have found that the left master channel is higher in level than the...

Jonkan
replies: 1 views: 1,427
Jay Kahrs 3rd September 2003

As some of you may remember, I got stuck with a pair of API 550A-1's in a fraudulent eBay auction. I have repeatedly tried to...

Etnier
replies: 4 views: 1,530
Etnier 1st September 2003

I have a roland keyboard with a sustain pedal that works backwards. Can anyone direct me to a site that has a schematic to...

tats_dragon
replies: 5 views: 7,363
Kev 1st September 2003

Just lost almost ALL drivers in our BBSM-6s due to the North-East power outage. Does anyone know exactly which replacements they...

Bernd G
replies: 3 views: 5,194
Bernd G 30th August 2003

Oh wise ones, please help me with more otari 54c fun..... Every so often a + or - rail will fail. I have to shut down, ...

bjornson
replies: 3 views: 1,706
triez 29th August 2003

Howdy i just went to a radio station and scored about 20 RCA BA-31k and Ba-34a mic pre's I found a schematic for the Ba-31,...

Marshall Simmons
replies: 0 views: 2,326
Marshall Simmons 28th August 2003

I'm looking for a tech in the Houston area who has some experience with Otari machines. I have 2 MX-70's that need some...

drummerman15
replies: 3 views: 1,523
Jeff Goodman 28th August 2003

Without going into a huge discussion about Cue sends and such, I need some in line 1/4" trs stereo voume control boxes, the...

bjornson
replies: 1 views: 1,760
e-cue 28th August 2003

I have been crazy busy with Little Labs and running Chalice Studios so..... I'm looking for a young whipershnapper who knows...

littlelabs
replies: 8 views: 1,897
Kev 28th August 2003

Would it be possible to use something like this or this to make a quick and dirty 'effects limiter' along the lines of a...

cymatics
replies: 4 views: 1,653
bjornson 28th August 2003

I grabbed a pair of Neve 2084 modules as it had some parts I needed...and the pair of modules was cheaper than the parts...

Tungsten
replies: 8 views: 2,177
Geoff_T 27th August 2003

Hi all - I recently picked up 2 Tore Seem EQ modules for a first racking project, which I'm quite excited about. As this...

Klaseed
replies: 0 views: 1,266
Klaseed 27th August 2003

S'up Slutz? I've been pointed in the direction of this forum to get some basic tips on the re-wire of my humble home studjo -...

Eee-jut
replies: 6 views: 2,103
Tim Farrant 26th August 2003

jkthtyrt I already have some high quality pot but I'm trying to adjust gain on a homebrew preamp (990 based) using stepped...

kato
replies: 6 views: 3,927
Geoff_T 26th August 2003

There is a radio transmission station using an old 1176 for it's limiter. They will let me have it - if I get a suitable...

woods
replies: 10 views: 2,001
jbuntz 26th August 2003

Hi fellow AE geeks, Having built a few pre/eq's for my own little studio, I've always been interested in how respectable...

chrisv
replies: 11 views: 3,532
Tim Farrant 26th August 2003

Well, I have an API 325 card sans 2520 and I'm in an experimental mood. Anyone have any opinions about 1) the Hardy 990, 2)...

Phil Cibley
replies: 4 views: 2,512
Tim Farrant 25th August 2003
replies: 0 views: 1,179
Teacher 23rd August 2003

Moderators