Quantcast
GeekZone - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 88 views: 124,418
gyraf 26th July 2021

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up GeekZone = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,164 views: 565,934
Gainlab Audio 20th May 2021

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 58,601
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearspace Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 47,618
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

I bought a custom racked pair of Studer A900 channels, preamps/EQ, off of someone up in Canada several years ago through Ebay....

timsmooth
replies: 3 views: 103
crosscutred 23 minutes ago

ASR P2402. Who built it? This is NOT the modern German company that audiophiles rave about. That company was begun under a...

rfnoise
replies: 8 views: 2,427
DJ. Mil 11 hours ago

Forward Hello fellow GS'ers! This is a reissue of a thread that I started over in the Cakewalk forums. It was immensely...

M.Retra
replies: 100 views: 30,614
processing61 16 hours ago

Does anyone know good DIY versions of this inline preamp? A schematic with high quality components would be excellent. Like what...

ickefes
replies: 61 views: 11,335
noisyben 22 hours ago

Hi Gear Slutz...(audio DIY builders). I would like to pick your brains. As far as which caps to use or replace with it, I...

DONNX
replies: 140 views: 112,548
JMoss1 1 day ago

I bought some Focal Solo6 BE monitors off a large UK supplier, but three years in they developed a problem causing audible...

stepb
replies: 8 views: 269
RetroFunk 1 day ago

Anyone here ever do that? I have seen peopIe change the sound of korg MiniIogue's for the better and I think I saw someone do it...

Karloff70
replies: 8 views: 264
Farshad 1 day ago

Hi all, My Yamaha was working fine the last time I used it, but today it's don't boot. Screen comes on when powered up...

Virtanen
replies: 1 views: 85
Thomas W. Bethe 2 days ago

I'd read about some success stories with the Alesis HD24 + SSD route, but nothing pertaining to using a SSD in a Fostex...

plutoniq
replies: 2 views: 2,515
Cascodo 2 days ago

I have an FB-01 with pretty bad signal bleed when I assign different sounds to the Left and Right outputs. Makes tracking a bit...

bubblebash
replies: 4 views: 208
bubblebash 3 days ago

Hey guys! Does anyone here know how to build a farfisa FA/R power supply? I just got a farfisa compact duo that I can’t test...

ifudontlikebees
replies: 6 views: 367
RetroFunk 3 days ago

Hello Everyone, I was hoping someone might be able to offer some advise on a problem I'm having with my Avalon U5. I've...

cprovenzo
replies: 12 views: 933
iron 3 days ago

What would be the best option for converting a synth (OB6) line level unbalanced signal to balanced? I'm wanting to interface it...

Clbraddock
replies: 9 views: 379
David Rick 4 days ago

The left control room out is not working right . The meters are showing signal coming from the tape machine , and I do hear a...

twinfin
replies: 20 views: 2,053
Jim Williams 4 days ago

Hi everyone. I recently bought a Juno 106 from ebay. I noticed that there was some crackling sounds after I played the keyboard...

robmendoz3
replies: 7 views: 6,014
pedrohash323 5 days ago

Hi everyone! I have recently been tasked to bring our old dusty Ampex AG440B back to life. It's been quietly sitting in the...

konstantingroove
replies: 17 views: 364
konstantingroove 5 days ago

Hi gearspace Soo, i'm opening up this thread again in the GeekZone. I'm thinking of buying a couple of smart plugs to power...

grimnebluna
replies: 5 views: 277
grimnebluna 6 days ago

Hello, I've had the Voice Prism Plus for a good while and really love it but I now have a problem : a few days ago i pressed...

aztech222
replies: 15 views: 3,855
Bernd1963 6 days ago

I was reading about the 80X0 Sennheiser mics not long ago, and someone was complaining about the lack of damping in their design,...

DistortingJack
replies: 3 views: 165
DistortingJack 6 days ago

Hello, whenever I turn on phantom power, I get a hum around 50hz. I had this same problem a year ago and I was able to cure it by...

WanderingScholar
replies: 11 views: 308
WanderingScholar 1 week ago

I have a Shure Sr107 that I picked up for 3 q-tips and a bag of cheetos.. I like to MOD it .. I'm hoping one of you expert...

leeharveyosmond
replies: 8 views: 1,606
Scripps66 1 week ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 557 views: 384,076
Zoot 1 week ago

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could advise me on upgrading the opamps on a Soundcraft TS24 console. I believe they are all...

Albini
replies: 1 views: 118
Jim Williams 1 week ago

Just wanted to see if anyone has had experience working on these critters. This one has the semi common Hum Buzz, quite loud,...

smokchsr
replies: 1 views: 390
bunnerabb 1 week ago

Hey there, My studio has a Mojave MA-200 that gets a lot of use. We seem to be burning through tubes, however. We've replaced...

Simultaneity
replies: 14 views: 3,540
SDunscombe 1 week ago

Hi all! So my Sennheiser MKH40 has started to give me a weird sound. Not always. But sometimes. I tried changing the cable,...

ToniMartin
replies: 0 views: 105
ToniMartin 1 week ago

Hi all hope you’re well, So I have an AX84 P1 5 watt tube amp that I built. I’ve got a few other amps so I would like to...

Gonzbull
replies: 5 views: 275
samwinston123 1 week ago

Hello..I posted this in another thread I guess it was the wrong one..Anyway, I'm having problems with my HEDD monitors and I'm...

Snatchman
replies: 4 views: 176
Snatchman 1 week ago

Hello, Can someone with a Yamaha DX7mk1 please confirm the exact model of Hitachi microcontroller that serves as the DX7's main...

lifelessgraphite
replies: 2 views: 139
lifelessgraphite 1 week ago

is a broken M500 repairable? does anybody know if there is a replacement ribbon filament (even from other manufacturers)??

t-hiho
replies: 11 views: 7,794
leddy 1 week ago

Hi all I have an AlphaLink sitting around doing nothing and I also need a number of DC coupled ins and outs so my DAW can...

tun
replies: 0 views: 86
tun 1 week ago

I'm getting this high freq beeping kind of noise (file attached) on brand new presonus speakers even with no audio cable plugged...

cinetj
replies: 0 views: 96
cinetj 1 week ago

has anyone had to repair the rubber mounting shocks in the base of a sony c37, or know if there is a replacement part available....

Molybdenum
replies: 5 views: 1,022
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hi, I have a Rode Classic II which stopped working. I had 2 problems, one was that the cable on the microphone end was...

[email protected]
replies: 2 views: 615
Moo 1 week ago

Hi everyone! Recently I got scammed and bought a broken Vintech Dual 72 rack preamp. Worse than that it happened through a...

JoaoMoreira
replies: 6 views: 308
NathanEldred 1 week ago

I don't know or cant figure out why this QSC HPR152i active loud speaker is doing what its doing. So when I opened it up I had...

coreyspencer
replies: 22 views: 379
Rick Dalton 1 week ago

Hi, I guess this is where to post regarding this question. Does anyone here have a pinout diagram for the akg C34 and its s24...

headrc
replies: 0 views: 90
headrc 1 week ago

Hi, I´m looking for a passive headphone volume attenuator with 3 set levels of volume: quiet, normal and loud. I can´t seem to...

bamsehopp
replies: 0 views: 99
bamsehopp 1 week ago

Can an SS34 Schottky diode be connected in series between the power supply and the ground to prevent reverse connection? as the...

ROSELJR
replies: 1 views: 129
Philbo King 1 week ago

Hey Geekonauts, I have a MOTU 828es - how do I determine the clip level for the A/D input converters? The reason I ask, is...

sirjuxtable
replies: 12 views: 416
circusreturn 2 weeks ago

A buddy of mine needs to replace a VU meter in his Drawmer 1960. Drawmer wants $140 for one. Anyone know of a cheaper suitable...

craigb
replies: 2 views: 701
CCorcoran 2 weeks ago

Hi, does anyone have any experience or ideas regarding a Blue Bottle Rocket Stage 2 power supply, the red light turned to green...

Hoffmanwantsgear
replies: 16 views: 2,219
sbou 2 weeks ago

Hello All, I have a Akai DPS 16 that is new to me. When I turn it on it does not find the ATA drive. I have pulled the...

johhnyg
replies: 2 views: 158
ruffrecords 2 weeks ago

Picked up a used drawmer 1960. Not so stoked on the dull 1D sound of the pres but the compressor has some quality retro flavour...

Red Sky
replies: 18 views: 5,298
tmarra 2 weeks ago

I replaced my R0DE NTV Tube with an equivalent GrooveTubes 12AT7 tube. While replacing the tube, I spied 2 adjustable pots on...

Ideasite
replies: 20 views: 2,917
Lemon Squeezer 2 weeks ago

I have a Blue Bottle Rocket Stage 2 which comes with the Powerstream power supply. It employs a soft start feature to avoid...

Hoffmanwantsgear
replies: 3 views: 531
Jsharpmusic 2 weeks ago

Hello, If you run one small analog mixer into another (perhaps larger) analog mixer, is that about the same signal quality...

gearstudent
replies: 2 views: 192
gearstudent 2 weeks ago

A client of mine had it and did not want it anymore. It was made in the early 1950s or late 1940s. I have not turned it on but...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 8 views: 256
kludgeaudio 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone! I know this is a long shot, but would anyone have an idea why this is happening?! I have an older M80 with Jensen...

johnforrestal
replies: 1 views: 111
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

I'm putting together a direct recording studio in my apartment. I have four different tube guitar amp heads that I record with. ...

ltemma74
replies: 18 views: 14,801
Gearnerd320 2 weeks ago

Moderators