The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up GeekZone = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,163 views: 557,562
YashN 2 weeks ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 86 views: 120,740
waveterm 25th December 2020

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 56,648
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 45,694
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

Hey guys! Hope everybody is well. I bought a roland SH1000 recently in need of repair. It turns on but none of the tabs or...

ifudontlikebees
replies: 1 views: 75
ifudontlikebees 1 hour ago

I recently just purchased a Radial WR-8 Workhorse 500 Series Chassis (https://www.radialeng.com/product/wr-8). I have just...

ebenfl0
replies: 1 views: 59
Janne19691 3 hours ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 547 views: 371,722
nat8808 19 hours ago

Is there any DIY's doing the same do you think? http://www.littlelabs.com/ibp.html Hans www.hagen.nu

hrn
replies: 22 views: 7,459
Gigadead 21 hours ago

Just bought this wonderful quality drum machine, but it's making only snapping sound instead of drum sounds. Everything on the...

JoyousSound
replies: 44 views: 7,939
ohmstudiste 1 day ago

Ok so I've got a back up pair of Event BAS 20/20s that I got for free on Facebook Marketplace. One of the amps is bad and won't...

ScottBrio
replies: 0 views: 85
ScottBrio 1 day ago

I'm at a new location and I've been having interference problems with my Electro Voice RE-20. Some of the noise turned out to be...

gradivus
replies: 36 views: 447
gradivus 2 days ago

Hi, today the front capsule(?), or, the gridded 3-4mm steel cap on the front of the mic, just fell off - and all the high end...

Sailor Hope
replies: 54 views: 8,883
mkefabulous 3 days ago

I want to install Pan potentiometers into my passive summing box. The passive summing box has 16 input channels. It is assembled...

MainTime
replies: 37 views: 2,760
Matt Syson 4 days ago

I am building some cables using Mogami W2930 and Neutrik NC3MXX-EMC. The W2930 has a shield and a drain wire. Normally, with...

wildplum
replies: 3 views: 328
jl.pt 4 days ago

Hey everybody! Currently rehabbing an old Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 32 channel. I'm having trouble tracking down service...

gravyhavok
replies: 2 views: 183
gravyhavok 5 days ago

Hey, I wonder if anybody has come across this. I just got a new Mackie 1202VLZ4 and it seems to have quite a problem with...

LincolnG
replies: 45 views: 2,022
audiospecific 5 days ago

Hello, Can anyone confirm what DBX models used the 200 VCA and 208 RMS found in the 160VU? I'm trying to find a couple for a...

Clbraddock
replies: 6 views: 158
Clbraddock 5 days ago

This year, I bought a new Neve 1073SPX and have used it on tracking sessions approximately 20 times total. I've used it to track...

imtheus3r
replies: 2 views: 92
imtheus3r 5 days ago

does anyone know of a compatible replacement for a Roland Jupiter 8 power switch?

starfield
replies: 1 views: 460
junglehs 5 days ago

My Masterlink CDR is no longer burning properly, and of course I have a project on hold because of this. I don't want to send the...

Etnier
replies: 14 views: 3,991
audiospecific 5 days ago

Hey Geekz, I was gifted two Realistic Ultra Directional Electret Condenser Microphones. They appear to be battery powered...

sirjuxtable
replies: 17 views: 382
sirjuxtable 5 days ago

Howdy, I've got a 75' Rhodes MKI 73 that I've had for a couple years now. Came to me in somewhat rough shape, but I replaced...

sports_poem
replies: 2 views: 216
arbor 6 days ago
replies: 5 views: 230
audiospecific 6 days ago

Hi guys, Just been refurbishing an old Meridian 101 Preamp and have changed the power caps and refreshed some other...

PurpleOhmAudio
replies: 7 views: 282
JohnRoberts 6 days ago

Hi everyone, For some reason my microphone (U87) has been making this buzzing noise while I'm recording (see attached audio...

derrickhou
replies: 1 views: 171
audiospecific 6 days ago

Anyone know if there is a way to join groupdiy.com? I registered almost a month ago and am still waiting on my account to be...

Clbraddock
replies: 6 views: 280
JohnRoberts 6 days ago

Hi, if you need some informationes or schematics about amplifiers and other gear from the "Rundfunk- und...

jokeramik
replies: 2 views: 289
jokeramik 1 week ago

Hello - I am new to this site, and I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this on, but I thought I'd give it a...

savs165
replies: 1 views: 161
rbbrchckn 1 week ago

Hi, Anybody has information/ schematics for the UNIVERSAL AUDIO 2100 Channel Strip? Thanks, Francisco

estudio19
replies: 2 views: 3,283
rubli 1 week ago

Hello, I'm in the process of refurbishing a couple of Amek X-Series desks. They are great sounding and easy to work on The...

crosscutred
replies: 4 views: 401
crosscutred 1 week ago

Hello! I've finally finished a project I've been working on (and off) for the last three years or so. It's great to finally put...

fragletrollet
replies: 21 views: 1,997
znjamznjam 1 week ago

I have a Tascam M-2524, and the M-2500 series EQ usually gets comments from "It has an EQ" to "the EQ sucks"....

regebro
replies: 84 views: 7,881
regebro 1 week ago

Hey guys, I connected my Roland JV-1010 to line inputs of my interface but unfortunately the maximum recording level is quite...

danibert
replies: 14 views: 303
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

I've recently gotten the mentioned unit plus a TR-707 and MKS-30 for a laugh. Today I tested it and it made sound for about a...

trondl
replies: 12 views: 2,356
trondl 1 week ago

Hi Does anyone out there have the schematics for the Korg CR-4 (4-track cassette recorder)? I can only find the user manual...

Sumtn
replies: 4 views: 1,988
666 1 week ago

Having replaced my ENGL's tubes a few times and with a bunch of old tubes lying around taking up space - don't ask me why I kept...

Cursed Lemon
replies: 12 views: 390
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hi guys, just read something about the TAL DAC plugin, which emulates old vintage sampler hardware. It provides a AM6070 DAC...

danibert
replies: 1 views: 182
oldgearguy 1 week ago

Hello, Amazon has a fanless, portable battery-charged power supply. It says it can handle 300 watts of power draw, and will...

gearstudent
replies: 3 views: 175
David Kulka 1 week ago

I am working on this unit that has two broken switches, more specifically the SIP switch and Studio speakers switch. I guess...

tron23
replies: 3 views: 191
tron23 1 week ago

I am trying to locate the bin files for the presets ROMs in order to save a unit. I hope asking for the code is not a violation...

tron23
replies: 0 views: 118
tron23 1 week ago

Hi, I have a question, if this is stupid and ignorant please, do tell me straight up. Leaving aside costs/...

BarryLimestone
replies: 6 views: 166
David Rick 1 week ago

Hi finally manged to get hold of one of these rare units - but its in very bad condition and non-functioning. Getting the user...

DJKrishna
replies: 5 views: 437
lovekrafty 1 week ago

This thread is for exchange and discussion of technical information regarding maintenance, tweaking, adjusting, and general care...

piotr
replies: 154 views: 36,219
jack001 1 week ago

Hi. Hope someone can help me find a TASCAM connector. It's from a TASCAM MS 16 DBX jumper plug used when the machine is not using...

jerry
replies: 30 views: 1,270
jerry 2 weeks ago

One of the old "boat anchors" I have sitting idle in the studio is a 1960s Telefunken M10 two-track reel machine. I got...

Fummunda
replies: 20 views: 377
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Hi there. I need some help. Someone could tell me any exact make and model, that is 100% compatible for U67. I know...

SmouseS
replies: 24 views: 5,562
Radardoug 2 weeks ago

Hi Guys, i'm looking for solution to fix my mixing console "Allen and Heath System 8 / 168" . wworried I hope...

ginboy79
replies: 1 views: 144
cyrano 2 weeks ago

So you want ziggstar dust studio guitar tones. Lets say you have a marshall pig with 2 tubes removed and a xlr out, a 68 les...

Lou kash
replies: 2 views: 187
Scragend 2 weeks ago

I love my KSP8, and the remote is one of the best parts of using it. BUT recently the rubber bottom on the KSP8 remote has...

timtoonz
replies: 5 views: 710
Blatboy 2 weeks ago

It's time to refoam my JBL Control 5 woofers. I did some quick reconnaissance and I've come up with the following resources to...

Piyono
replies: 1 views: 134
lame pseudonym 2 weeks ago

Hi a few weeks ago I started seeing an error message on my DAW PC which warns that 'hard disc failure is eminent'. I called tech...

perform/record
replies: 14 views: 1,433
play/record 2 weeks ago

I recently got my hands on an Allen and Heath System 8 mkII in decent shape for free and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas...

jooooakes
replies: 1 views: 463
ginboy79 2 weeks ago

I’m modding a Leslie cab which has a crossover that is frequency dependent on the speaker impedance. I have an 8 ohm speaker...

Clbraddock
replies: 3 views: 184
Clbraddock 2 weeks ago

My 15-year-old Mackie 1202 has finally gotten sufficiently annoying that I'm going to open it and clean all the potentiometers...

shmuelyosef
replies: 3 views: 204
Jim Williams 2 weeks ago

Moderators