The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up GeekZone = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,162 views: 555,430
DGL 27th February 2021

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 86 views: 119,975
waveterm 25th December 2020

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 56,247
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 45,284
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

Just moved to a new apartament, set up my old gear in a new room and turns out that now I'm receiving an unbearable amount of...

GusMachado
replies: 74 views: 1,786
Jim Williams 1 hour ago

Happy new year, Gearslutz! I need some help with my 1176 that stopped passing signal recently. I have confirmed it powers up,...

soul.
replies: 45 views: 1,662
soul. 1 hour ago

Would some of you cool people help me find manufacturing date of my Neumann KM86i microphone ? Serial # 4932 Many thanx,

lemix
replies: 1 views: 40
gyraf 1 hour ago

It's a Tascam 122mkII. After fixing about five other problems, the deck is dropping into stop after about ten seconds of play, or...

Jidis
replies: 1 views: 100
Jidis 1 hour ago

Hi I have 24/8/2 Soundcraft Venue 2 desk that I'd like to mod a bit. I already recaped the whole desk (Nichicon PW +...

byz
replies: 3 views: 144
byz 7 hours ago

Tonight the 17v +/- lights went out on my power supply. I have yet to remove it from the rack, but I was curious to see if anyone...

recordinghopkins
replies: 161 views: 31,320
Matt Syson 8 hours ago

Seeking some advice, please, from the master electronics pros here... I have a Hammond XM-2 organ module that will not power...

kennybro
replies: 0 views: 59
kennybro 15 hours ago

Does anyone know where I can find some transformers for the VX? I am looking into some mods for the channels for this console. ...

Guitfiddle
replies: 5 views: 2,215
Cassio2263 21 hours ago

no matter what cables i use, no matter what inputs im goin in or what out put im using theres a noisy hum in my mfc42... makes it...

Billy Nojokes
replies: 10 views: 2,675
Graphik1200 1 day ago

Hey Geekz, I was gifted two Realistic Ultra Directional Electret Condenser Microphones. They appear to be battery powered...

sirjuxtable
replies: 14 views: 264
sirjuxtable 1 day ago

Hey all, I have a pair of KRK Rokit RP5's (the first iteration) which are about 15 years old now and still going strong. But...

undercoverhippy
replies: 0 views: 101
undercoverhippy 2 days ago

I have a Roland Jupiter 6 that has a tuning issue. Oscillator 6 VCO 1 will not tune to the rest of the synth. It has been to a...

pianohead
replies: 28 views: 4,613
droveloder 2 days ago

Hi gearspace Soo, i'm opening up this thread again in the GeekZone. I'm thinking of buying a couple of smart plugs to power...

grimnebluna
replies: 4 views: 146
jaddie 2 days ago

Hey guys, would need someone experienced to do some work on a MassivePassive EQ and a Tubetech CL2A. MP: One side seems to...

kosmokrator
replies: 1 views: 169
kosmokrator 2 days ago

Just bought this cool 9 Chanel mixer ,I really hope that somebody here has a user manual, service manual, or schematics

yal
replies: 5 views: 5,514
pavelmusic 2 days ago

I have located a small number of NOS a/d converters for the Lexicon PCM 80 PCM 90 series of digital reverbs that I am using for...

TMI
replies: 136 views: 31,371
drifter7508 2 days ago

So I picked up an "as-is" Boss DR-202 on the bay for $30 and am hoping to get it working. I doubt these are available,...

Dreamsindigital
replies: 6 views: 5,347
Speedyloko 2 days ago

I bought a Hammond C3 organ with a very new Leslie 122A. When stereo mixing the cabinet the right side mic always exhibits...

spectrasound
replies: 2 views: 100
spectrasound 3 days ago

Recently a user pm'd me about specifics regarding the midas venice 1st gen console, so I thought I'd share my current project as...

Capashitor
replies: 0 views: 120
Capashitor 3 days ago

I have seen some of you guys are members of GroupDIY as well.... I have tried to register on this site with ZERO success. Is...

soundrick
replies: 76 views: 8,958
JohnRoberts 3 days ago

Does anyone know how to calibrate a Summit Audio EQP 200-A? I need to align the L/R channels - they're about .4dB off from each...

bigcityrecordin
replies: 0 views: 88
bigcityrecordin 3 days ago

Hello dear Space friends. I am trying to get my head around Impedance and how to "control it". I am currently...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 7 views: 171
Ted Krotkiewski 3 days ago

Hi, So I've just picked up a Adcom GFA 545 II to use with my NS-10's, it sounds amazing, except it's picking up a lot of...

Aaron Rash
replies: 0 views: 96
Aaron Rash 4 days ago

Hi guys I've posted this at another sub forum, I hope this is the right place for the thread. My Roland JV1080 keeps turning...

claudioferrari
replies: 2 views: 248
claudioferrari 4 days ago

Yeah me too! I started doing studio work in the 90’s when tape machines were still being used quite a bit (along with ADAT) and...

madriaan
replies: 8 views: 483
Sweatervest 5 days ago

I find that the diaphragm that I ordered from Madisound to replace a blown tweeter in my Hafler TRM6 does not seem to be the...

tourtelot
replies: 2 views: 116
tourtelot 5 days ago

I love my KSP8, and the remote is one of the best parts of using it. BUT recently the rubber bottom on the KSP8 remote has...

timtoonz
replies: 2 views: 587
Blatboy 5 days ago

I intend to built a power supply to run Eurorack synth modules, one for bench with a single output (to test new modules that I...

lightnb
replies: 3 views: 187
lightnb 5 days ago

I have an EMT 240 goldfoil and Neve 1762 remote module, but no remote cable or pinouts for either one. I Googled but didn't...

Dr Funk
replies: 31 views: 6,727
HansMues 6 days ago

Hello, We are in the process of adding a TT mic patchbay to our studio. We are gonna be using a solder type switchcraft...

Phase Shift
replies: 35 views: 5,867
bmdaugherty 6 days ago

I've been fishing the web recently for info about capacitors for overhauling a forty year old tape machine and came across this...

Riley Casey
replies: 59 views: 2,018
tINY 1 week ago

Hello, Would anyone be able to recommend more readily available, or cheaper alternatives to - Carnhill VTB9045 Carnhill...

1fisch4
replies: 2 views: 181
1fisch4 1 week ago

Looks like some E-mu spare parts suppliers have dried up of old E-mu parts. I have been able to locate some proper NOS rotary...

rockreid
replies: 1 views: 103
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hi all,, I have a tascam us20x20 audio interface and recently have short circuited my laptop with the audio interface...

davquak
replies: 1 views: 110
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hi everyone. My Apollo Firewire burned after an electrostatic shock last week and, considering that I'm from Italy and the...

MatteoCT
replies: 0 views: 96
MatteoCT 1 week ago

ADC design stuff we talk about a lot : chipsets, dc coupling, discrete design, power supplies etc. Things we don't talk about...

Nickerz
replies: 0 views: 98
Nickerz 1 week ago

Hello everybody. I have an A800 MKIII permanently stuck in Mute problem. The mute light is permanently on and the mute switch has...

General Malaise
replies: 4 views: 910
Zeppelin 1 week ago

I'm about to buy a Celestion Fullback to put in a cab I have and run a big old Red Knob Twin head through it. The amp has an...

Sean B
replies: 0 views: 110
Sean B 1 week ago

Hi all Maybe you can help me: I can't switch on my Lexicon MPX1 anymore. It's just as if it doesn't receive any power. I...

AuraCore
replies: 19 views: 6,940
AdrianM55 1 week ago

Hi People, Just wanting to check with knowledgeble folk out there with regard to speaker crossover caps, I'm going to replace...

PartHunter
replies: 18 views: 1,647
pablometal 1 week ago

Hi, I'm trying to fix an old genlock (not quite music gear, but audio/visual for sure) and the faders are broken. They look...

Overmann
replies: 4 views: 187
cyrano 1 week ago

Forgive my mistake, Do you know more about fiber optic cables in microphones? Is the construction of such a cable the same as...

MusicJOY
replies: 4 views: 220
cyrano 1 week ago

Hello, I'm here to see if anyone knows of a good source for electrical information on well, specifically a Mackie CFX12 analog...

PJD3
replies: 0 views: 84
PJD3 1 week ago

So ... I put a Bluetooth speaker inside one of those vacuum bags for clothes. When I took the air out of the bag, the sound...

marcelorff
replies: 3 views: 184
CFB4 1 week ago

Hi, I'm looking for an available SN7483J replacement for the MCI Autolocator 2 Thanks !

2Low
replies: 10 views: 227
analogguru 1 week ago

Digital EQ. Do all eq plugins use the same computational process? or do they vary?. I appreciate there is a difference...

palebluedot
replies: 0 views: 128
palebluedot 1 week ago

Hey all! Was hoping some of you might be able to offer some advice or your experience with repairing gear, or specifically with...

alexsandor
replies: 0 views: 103
alexsandor 1 week ago

I picked up a CPS 450 to replace a dying CPS 150 for my Delta 200 board. I am looking at the specs for the two psu's and can use...

dhmaya
replies: 16 views: 1,464
Jim Williams 1 week ago

Was reading the preview of that old Tape Op article about adding a transformer into the chain to induce more color/mojo. Using...

MYN
replies: 49 views: 6,579
RogerFoote 1 week ago

Hi, Does anyone own or have opinions on the SPIRIT ABSOLUTE ZERO nearfield monitors ? A friend is offering them to me at a...

jlsgear
replies: 6 views: 20,542
SympaSizer 1 week ago

Moderators