Quantcast
GeekZone - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up GeekZone = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,164 views: 559,748
Gainlab Audio 4 weeks ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 86 views: 121,649
waveterm 25th December 2020

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 57,117
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 46,158
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

Lights come on and light up, but the output is extremely weak. I have to turn up an input on the mixer all the way before I hear...

DesolationBlvd
replies: 6 views: 113
brianroth 3 hours ago

Hi, some time ago I bought an "unknown condition" Sony DPS-R7, it arrived at my home packaged with a light cardboard...

tr0x
replies: 13 views: 2,063
JMoss1 6 hours ago

Hi GS geekzone! I don’t get over to this forum much, because I am not much of a tech. But my AKG 451e is making some random...

DiodeBridge
replies: 6 views: 135
kirkus 10 hours ago

hey guys, we're trying to gather data on the frequency of failure of Siemens chips in the Korg CX3, BX3, Lambda and Delta (and...

minime123
replies: 0 views: 54
minime123 12 hours ago

Hey folks, I've just purchased a new sub and was surprised to learn that the bypass ability is not like the usual I'm used...

coyotekells
replies: 5 views: 183
coyotekells 21 hours ago

Hi gearfriends, let me share my repair video, which may be useful for many owners of a fairly popular Otari MX-5050 BII...

Antony Scott
replies: 1 views: 77
Radardoug 23 hours ago

Hey Geekonauts, I have a MOTU 828es - how do I determine the clip level for the A/D input converters? The reason I ask, is...

sirjuxtable
replies: 6 views: 98
sirjuxtable 1 day ago

Hi, Hope you are fine while you reading this. I am trying to figure out what model of mogami cables should I use for my...

sifis83
replies: 2 views: 191
Jim Williams 1 day ago

Hi, I own a Studer A 810 and I am happy about its music playback sound. Alway looking for "the best" I was thinking...

Guglielmo
replies: 3 views: 104
SP2016 1 day ago

Hi folks, In a couple of weeks i need to tackle a big studio wiring job. Does anyone have recommendations for wire...

Dazzerr
replies: 21 views: 497
tINY 1 day ago

I'm a fascinated, but pretty inexperienced DIY guy. Over the years, I've amassed some odds and ends I'd like to use one day....

allbaldo
replies: 9 views: 1,123
cbc6403 2 days ago

Hi, I've recently got Proteus pcb/schematic maker and I cant find some key components for audio design. No XLR connector, no...

Subversounds
replies: 4 views: 1,936
Biosynth 2 days ago

Hi all, I got an old 1959s Wurlitzer organ a few years back and want to try and take out the speakers and build a guitar amp...

koguitar
replies: 0 views: 88
koguitar 2 days ago

Hi All, I've been working hard to try and get my Drip Opto 7 (stereo LA2A clone) up and running. Got the power issues fixed, and...

jclay85
replies: 8 views: 1,509
vientos00 2 days ago

Hey people, i've been lurking this forum for a while now, and I have a question to which i can't seem to find an answer even...

enenra
replies: 10 views: 2,494
jacksaturn 3 days ago

Hello, dear Geekslutz I have 5 Schoeps CMC5, and I would love to do a proper recap on them with better caps than I have in...

Julian J. Ludwig
replies: 4 views: 207
Radardoug 3 days ago

I had the cheapest Furman you could buy 25 years ago that had the light tubes, and it served its purpose for an ADAT and Alesis...

JoeyM
replies: 2 views: 142
JoeyM 3 days ago

Hi I've recently bought an old second hand Behringer Ultragain MIC2000 dual mic/line preamp, It looks pretty nice, much better...

Blinddot
replies: 3 views: 8,269
KeithRichards 3 days ago

Hi, I cannot find the value of this volume knob rotary encoder. It seems like this is a common problem with these units. I have...

jml designs
replies: 11 views: 307
oldmica 4 days ago

Hi! Does anyone know where I could get these? AKAI support told me that they don't have schematics/service manuals for any old...

johnsmith1261
replies: 6 views: 6,319
Johnny T 4 days ago

Hi all, I've had caps in my bins I bought for a console refurb project and just getting around to it now. Noticed the date was...

rlsoundservices
replies: 2 views: 136
Radardoug 4 days ago

Thanks for the help. Situation as follows: Circuit board has a 3 pin audio input for L + R + Ground. The supplied cable...

ptfigg
replies: 9 views: 151
Radardoug 4 days ago

I have a Neve R6 in which I can measure power supply hum with my DIY.RE Colour Palettes at -115 to -120 dB. Clearly not good...

johannburkard
replies: 27 views: 570
Philbo King 4 days ago

Lately I've been working on several Eventide SP2016's. All are slightly different and came to me in various states of disrepair,...

David Kulka
replies: 31 views: 5,419
DanMcCullough 4 days ago

I want to buy a sampler (Akai S900 in particular) made in Japan for its native 120V operation. I'm in Europe and we run our...

kraze
replies: 2 views: 139
Robo 4 days ago

The lowly GC2020 is a compressor that was mainly a piece found in use in live rigs and occasionally the project studio. I had a...

illacov
replies: 12 views: 15,903
Alex Kretov 6 days ago

Hello folks. Complete novice here. I copped a Korg Poly 800 for 150. I was told it was broken only after having gotten in the...

The Dazzler
replies: 5 views: 140
The Dazzler 6 days ago

Hi everyone, I was just in the process of boxing up a variable transformer into a little test bed unit, found some nice spare...

PurpleOhmAudio
replies: 1 views: 83
PurpleOhmAudio 6 days ago

Hi guys, Just been refurbishing an old Meridian 101 Preamp and have changed the power caps and refreshed some other...

PurpleOhmAudio
replies: 8 views: 372
PurpleOhmAudio 6 days ago

I normally use the Weller WLC or WTC 100, the orange station. I'd like to move up, but not sure who to go with...I see the...

pipelineaudio
replies: 4 views: 182
Jim Williams 6 days ago

Hi all! I've just recently had my A77 (1/2 track, 7.5-15ips) fixed up by a well regarded repair guy in my area. Got it home,...

lunaND
replies: 13 views: 224
kludgeaudio 6 days ago

Hi finally manged to get hold of one of these rare units - but its in very bad condition and non-functioning. Getting the user...

DJKrishna
replies: 9 views: 566
flextone 6 days ago

My PM1000 was delivered today and I guess UPS freight bumped it around too much- none of the monitor outs are working/echo send...

reeserichardson
replies: 6 views: 349
F.S. 6 days ago

Hi guys! I’ll try to make it short. I’d like to know if it’s possible to increase the voltage of the erase-head in my...

Yoski
replies: 30 views: 385
David Kulka 1 week ago

I’ve been in my pro studio for 10 years and it seems like every piece of gear I have is getting scratchy pots and noisy...

relayjon
replies: 4 views: 222
relayjon 1 week ago

Hope you are all well, I'm a student from SE England, I've restored a Studer A990 over the last few months, I picked it up...

Kedwards
replies: 4 views: 508
Cassio2263 1 week ago

Hi ,all I’m Looking the TL Audio C 5021 schematics. Thanks

boops
replies: 1 views: 100
boops 1 week ago

Hello All Not sure if this is the right group. I am working on restoring an old Korg DRV2000 digital reverb from the...

wwl1txm
replies: 2 views: 774
christoph clause 1 week ago

Ok, this will sound slightly optimistic, but here goes... How hard would it be to home brew your own quadrant/Painton-style...

headwerkn
replies: 6 views: 7,596
Sound Techniques 1 week ago

Just a vent because it's frustrating. <vent> Picked up a used tc 2290 recently. 4 seconds of delay but had the ME00...

oldgearguy
replies: 1 views: 135
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Anyone know what kind of push button this is? I’m trying to find a replacement cap/cover for one of the buttons. It’s an...

Clbraddock
replies: 4 views: 177
Clbraddock 1 week ago

So I've gotta shorten a 24-XLR snake for a client, and my cheap little solder sucker won't survive a job like that. This will be...

Brent Hahn
replies: 13 views: 338
originalscottyg 1 week ago

Hello, Not sure which thread to post this in so apologize if I'm in the wrong place! I should mention I very little about...

frenchji
replies: 1 views: 264
frenchji 1 week ago

If you own an inexpensive MIDI controller (i.e. most MIDI controllers these days) you may find that some of its pots and faders...

Scoox
replies: 5 views: 7,672
fedeilc 1 week ago

i bought an old psu for my soundcraft dlx delta some months ago. it has been working fine until the other day when i couldnt get...

5.333V
replies: 94 views: 13,658
althemusicwizard 1 week ago

Hey there, Im trying to run a midi connection to an extra room and setting up a new cable would be really difficult due to no...

salomonander
replies: 9 views: 1,544
Muser 1 week ago

Says it's disabled... anybody know how can I register? I wanted to ask some questions about Hairball's preamp kits over there and...

Deleted c117a9d
replies: 81 views: 6,020
studioSteve 1 week ago

Hello everybody! I’ve searched everywhere for the schematics for Soundcraft 400. Just got mine and needs to be fixed. Im...

salminentuomas
replies: 0 views: 103
salminentuomas 1 week ago

Hey All, I just purchased these two wonderful pieces of gear from an estate sale, but neither of them have any brand markings on...

BCiggy
replies: 3 views: 202

I had my hs80m monitors for a long time but recently the right woofer starts distorting when I actually try to use them at a...

musichead334
replies: 1 views: 113

Moderators