The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up GeekZone = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,163 views: 557,691
YashN 2 weeks ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 86 views: 120,812
waveterm 25th December 2020

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 56,677
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 45,721
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

A friend asked me to "hardwire" a passive DI Box XLR output that serves as a "splitter" to a patch panel...

herrturtur
replies: 6 views: 120
audiospecific 1 hour ago

Hey everyone, I've wanted a Danelectro Spring King reverb for a while now (mostly to record Ennio Morricone spaghetti western...

sparky88
replies: 6 views: 2,118
sparky88 1 hour ago

I'm at a new location and I've been having interference problems with my Electro Voice RE-20. Some of the noise turned out to be...

gradivus
replies: 49 views: 576
audiospecific 2 hours ago

Hi does any have the service manual for the Sony C48? with full schematics and parts list? Also I need a new capsule for this....

keeter
replies: 4 views: 1,140
Northamusi 2 hours ago

Just bought this wonderful quality drum machine, but it's making only snapping sound instead of drum sounds. Everything on the...

JoyousSound
replies: 56 views: 8,061
ohmstudiste 7 hours ago

I know audio cables should not be coiled or there can be inductance, but what about power cables? Can they create interference if...

gradivus
replies: 1 views: 82
gyraf 7 hours ago

Hello all, I have one (mono) strip (D225) on a DELTA DLX that leaks signal to the AUX4 send. Channel AUX4 pot fully off,...

Murky Waters
replies: 1 views: 97
Jim Williams 1 day ago

I'll be getting some CAPI kits soon and I'm wondering what the sonic differences are between these two opamps. Does anyone have...

ST.Studio
replies: 4 views: 1,298
Biosynth 1 day ago

Hi. Hope someone can help me find a TASCAM connector. It's from a TASCAM MS 16 DBX jumper plug used when the machine is not using...

jerry
replies: 32 views: 1,306
markbreecher 1 day ago

Is there any DIY's doing the same do you think? http://www.littlelabs.com/ibp.html Hans www.hagen.nu

hrn
replies: 24 views: 7,527
Gigadead 1 day ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 548 views: 371,973
play.exe 1 day ago

I recently just purchased a Radial WR-8 Workhorse 500 Series Chassis (https://www.radialeng.com/product/wr-8). I have just...

ebenfl0
replies: 2 views: 125
ebenfl0 2 days ago

I need help, please. The Orion X console has a great quality sound. It is transparent. Sounds big and clean. Perhaps I am...

Melodicca
replies: 45 views: 8,415
watsound 2 days ago

I’m modding a Leslie cab which has a crossover that is frequency dependent on the speaker impedance. I have an 8 ohm speaker...

Clbraddock
replies: 4 views: 210
audiospecific 2 days ago

Ok so I've got a back up pair of Event BAS 20/20s that I got for free on Facebook Marketplace. One of the amps is bad and won't...

ScottBrio
replies: 1 views: 109
Philbo King 2 days ago

Hey guys! Hope everybody is well. I bought a roland SH1000 recently in need of repair. It turns on but none of the tabs or...

ifudontlikebees
replies: 1 views: 100
ifudontlikebees 2 days ago

Hi, today the front capsule(?), or, the gridded 3-4mm steel cap on the front of the mic, just fell off - and all the high end...

Sailor Hope
replies: 54 views: 8,905
mkefabulous 5 days ago

I want to install Pan potentiometers into my passive summing box. The passive summing box has 16 input channels. It is assembled...

MainTime
replies: 37 views: 2,789
Matt Syson 6 days ago

I am building some cables using Mogami W2930 and Neutrik NC3MXX-EMC. The W2930 has a shield and a drain wire. Normally, with...

wildplum
replies: 3 views: 341
jl.pt 1 week ago

Hey everybody! Currently rehabbing an old Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 32 channel. I'm having trouble tracking down service...

gravyhavok
replies: 2 views: 190
gravyhavok 1 week ago

Hey, I wonder if anybody has come across this. I just got a new Mackie 1202VLZ4 and it seems to have quite a problem with...

LincolnG
replies: 45 views: 2,035
audiospecific 1 week ago

Hello, Can anyone confirm what DBX models used the 200 VCA and 208 RMS found in the 160VU? I'm trying to find a couple for a...

Clbraddock
replies: 6 views: 169
Clbraddock 1 week ago

This year, I bought a new Neve 1073SPX and have used it on tracking sessions approximately 20 times total. I've used it to track...

imtheus3r
replies: 2 views: 97
imtheus3r 1 week ago

does anyone know of a compatible replacement for a Roland Jupiter 8 power switch?

starfield
replies: 1 views: 471
junglehs 1 week ago

My Masterlink CDR is no longer burning properly, and of course I have a project on hold because of this. I don't want to send the...

Etnier
replies: 14 views: 4,005
audiospecific 1 week ago

Hey Geekz, I was gifted two Realistic Ultra Directional Electret Condenser Microphones. They appear to be battery powered...

sirjuxtable
replies: 17 views: 390
sirjuxtable 1 week ago

Howdy, I've got a 75' Rhodes MKI 73 that I've had for a couple years now. Came to me in somewhat rough shape, but I replaced...

sports_poem
replies: 2 views: 223
arbor 1 week ago
replies: 5 views: 233
audiospecific 1 week ago

Hi guys, Just been refurbishing an old Meridian 101 Preamp and have changed the power caps and refreshed some other...

PurpleOhmAudio
replies: 7 views: 293
JohnRoberts 1 week ago

Hi everyone, For some reason my microphone (U87) has been making this buzzing noise while I'm recording (see attached audio...

derrickhou
replies: 1 views: 180
audiospecific 1 week ago

Hi all, Very short version: If your 192 has problems from topic - replace component R1 (NTC thermistor) on PSU board. R1...

scokljat
replies: 0 views: 95
scokljat 1 week ago

Anyone know if there is a way to join groupdiy.com? I registered almost a month ago and am still waiting on my account to be...

Clbraddock
replies: 6 views: 287
JohnRoberts 1 week ago

Hi, if you need some informationes or schematics about amplifiers and other gear from the "Rundfunk- und...

jokeramik
replies: 2 views: 298
jokeramik 1 week ago

Hello - I am new to this site, and I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this on, but I thought I'd give it a...

savs165
replies: 1 views: 164
rbbrchckn 1 week ago

Hi, Anybody has information/ schematics for the UNIVERSAL AUDIO 2100 Channel Strip? Thanks, Francisco

estudio19
replies: 2 views: 3,290
rubli 1 week ago

Hello, I'm in the process of refurbishing a couple of Amek X-Series desks. They are great sounding and easy to work on The...

crosscutred
replies: 4 views: 406
crosscutred 1 week ago

Hello! I've finally finished a project I've been working on (and off) for the last three years or so. It's great to finally put...

fragletrollet
replies: 21 views: 2,012
znjamznjam 1 week ago

I have a Tascam M-2524, and the M-2500 series EQ usually gets comments from "It has an EQ" to "the EQ sucks"....

regebro
replies: 84 views: 7,899
regebro 1 week ago

Hey guys, I connected my Roland JV-1010 to line inputs of my interface but unfortunately the maximum recording level is quite...

danibert
replies: 14 views: 307
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

I've recently gotten the mentioned unit plus a TR-707 and MKS-30 for a laugh. Today I tested it and it made sound for about a...

trondl
replies: 12 views: 2,361
trondl 1 week ago

Hi Does anyone out there have the schematics for the Korg CR-4 (4-track cassette recorder)? I can only find the user manual...

Sumtn
replies: 4 views: 1,993
666 1 week ago

Having replaced my ENGL's tubes a few times and with a bunch of old tubes lying around taking up space - don't ask me why I kept...

Cursed Lemon
replies: 12 views: 398
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hi guys, just read something about the TAL DAC plugin, which emulates old vintage sampler hardware. It provides a AM6070 DAC...

danibert
replies: 1 views: 187
oldgearguy 2 weeks ago

Hello, Amazon has a fanless, portable battery-charged power supply. It says it can handle 300 watts of power draw, and will...

gearstudent
replies: 3 views: 179
David Kulka 2 weeks ago

I am working on this unit that has two broken switches, more specifically the SIP switch and Studio speakers switch. I guess...

tron23
replies: 3 views: 194
tron23 2 weeks ago

I am trying to locate the bin files for the presets ROMs in order to save a unit. I hope asking for the code is not a violation...

tron23
replies: 0 views: 120
tron23 2 weeks ago

Hi, I have a question, if this is stupid and ignorant please, do tell me straight up. Leaving aside costs/...

BarryLimestone
replies: 6 views: 168
David Rick 2 weeks ago

Hi finally manged to get hold of one of these rare units - but its in very bad condition and non-functioning. Getting the user...

DJKrishna
replies: 5 views: 439
lovekrafty 2 weeks ago

This thread is for exchange and discussion of technical information regarding maintenance, tweaking, adjusting, and general care...

piotr
replies: 154 views: 36,237
jack001 2 weeks ago

One of the old "boat anchors" I have sitting idle in the studio is a 1960s Telefunken M10 two-track reel machine. I got...

Fummunda
replies: 20 views: 381
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Moderators