Quantcast
GeekZone - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up GeekZone = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,165 views: 568,641
jmp72 2 weeks ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 88 views: 125,708
gyraf 26th July 2021

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 59,340
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearspace Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 48,359
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

Hello there "Gearspaces" XD I need you for this one. After major home renovations I'm experiencing a major issue with...

caronte23
replies: 14 views: 107
samwinston123 12 minutes ago

Dear Community, the topic power is probably the most controversial topic in audio. There are tons of threads in audio forums...

PeterPetz
replies: 73 views: 1,030
Tomás Mulcahy 1 hour ago

Hey, I wonder if anybody has come across this. I just got a new Mackie 1202VLZ4 and it seems to have quite a problem with...

LincolnG
replies: 47 views: 2,606
M50k 2 hours ago

Hi all. Just got an Schaller Echo Sound in. It is a echo disc unit. The alu solid disc is covered in a brown paint. It has the...

muziekschuur
replies: 51 views: 9,758
Frankiefuzz 3 hours ago

Hi everyone! I know this is a long shot, but would anyone have an idea why this is happening?! I have an older M80 with Jensen...

johnforrestal
replies: 2 views: 145
JohnLRice 6 hours ago

Anyone know Richard from Lingenberg Sound? Several years ago I got some bits from Richard @ Lingenberg sound sent over here to...

mick61
replies: 3 views: 905
drsaamah 22 hours ago

Hi there, I have a D&R Avalon and it's amazing, however has a big problem, half of the modules are missing the mic pre IC- a...

danie_faustino
replies: 3 views: 141
danie_faustino 1 day ago

Any Slutz out there who have wired up a GAC-7 cable for an Apex 460? I‘m having trouble figuring out which pins the two thicker...

MYN
replies: 4 views: 445
MYN 1 day ago

Can someone please explain it properly? I searched all over google about this but didn't find a propper answer. All the...

HzHzHz
replies: 4 views: 138
kludgeaudio 1 day ago

Hi Forum This is my first post here and I hope that I am posting in the right section, if not apologies to the mods. I...

staticdeathnoise
replies: 20 views: 5,916
emmanuelcoder 1 day ago

Hi I bought a BOSS SE 70 with out a PSU was fairly cheap as its a bit beat up On powering it up im gettin a blank screen it...

Bornnslippy
replies: 7 views: 314
hollandturbine 2 days ago

Hey guys quick question which one of these laptop is good for music production Dell Alienware R17 HP ZBook G3 Acer Aspire V17...

Kevingrant16
replies: 1 views: 900
gebella 2 days ago

One of my Furman PL-8 power conditioner units shows a hot/ground reverse on a polarity "bug". I hear a relay click and...

tourtelot
replies: 0 views: 50
tourtelot 2 days ago

hello everyone, I'd like to introduce MidiTraC... MidiTraC combines different device classes: * Step sequencer...

aliced25
replies: 0 views: 62
aliced25 3 days ago

I bought a well used Tascam M-1516, but after the sale, i realized it didn't include a power supply. according to Tascam, the...

travis.farmer
replies: 5 views: 834
EvLoutonian 3 days ago

EDIT: This is interesting. Anyone with the means to do it, try and measure the output impedance of the X-Amp and get back to me...

willcon
replies: 13 views: 413
Philbo King 3 days ago

Hi all, I am trying to find an NTP M100c op amp. Any ideas? Thanks, Seamus EDIT: Found some, thanks!

Seamus TM
replies: 21 views: 4,336
tobi_woerth 3 days ago

Hi!! I recently bought a cheap akai s900, of course not working! The problem, is that when i turn it on all the characters in...

autodefe
replies: 3 views: 414
goldenmean 4 days ago

Hi, how would I go about replacing a dented tweeter? The sound is also affected, I can hear less high end from one...

Mick98
replies: 2 views: 102
Thomas W. Bethe 4 days ago

I have a question about testing error rates on an Panasonic SV3800 DAT machine. I figured out how to check them in the manual,...

Dee$
replies: 5 views: 2,380
GLouie 5 days ago

My tech spoke of building a little enclosure with just input and output jacks, whereupon you would have a set of input...

illacov
replies: 81 views: 28,723
Brent Hahn 5 days ago

Hi, some time ago I bought an "unknown condition" Sony DPS-R7, it arrived at my home packaged with a light cardboard...

tr0x
replies: 17 views: 2,398
JMoss1 5 days ago

Today I serviced my first-gen Mackie CR-1604 VLZ for the first time since I bought it new in 1998. After sitting in storage...

Piyono
replies: 15 views: 577
WorldPowerLabs 6 days ago

So I finally purchased a VGA card for my Akai DR16. I thought the card would just plug into one of the expansion slots. It...

Tubedweeb
replies: 8 views: 149
Rick Dalton 1 week ago

Hi there... i'm trying to fix a problem with a Shadow Hills Mono Gama pre-amp. The op-amp is defective. If i don't use it off...

radiovinheta
replies: 2 views: 271
radiovinheta 1 week ago

I'm currently troubleshooting a problem with a Neumann KM140, which is buzzing quite considerably during use. I've attached a...

athort
replies: 4 views: 133
Radardoug 1 week ago

Hi folks, I'm about to enter the wild and whacky world of EDAC connector building, and i'm wondering whether i should purchase...

Dazzerr
replies: 8 views: 329
Dazzerr 1 week ago

Please remove. Ordered new unit.

Dor
replies: 0 views: 85
Dor 1 week ago

I am new to this area of the site, long time troubleshooter and fixer of various things, with big gaps in knowledge regarding...

Trojanmantony
replies: 4 views: 298
Trojanmantony 1 week ago

Forward Hello fellow GS'ers! This is a reissue of a thread that I started over in the Cakewalk forums. It was immensely...

M.Retra
replies: 120 views: 31,275
gmjwtech 1 week ago

Ok I decided to mod my Yamaha HS80m since I'm pretty happy with it but like anything it can always be better :) I've opened it...

xqtion
replies: 76 views: 22,839
Rowboat 1 week ago

Hey, so I have an interesting problem. I've got a pair of JBL LSR 305s, and one of them has a tweeter that will stop working, but...

dglgmut
replies: 2 views: 211
Avatar for Pinebox Studio Services
Pinebox Studio Services 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
underclassuk 1 week ago

Hey :) ! It’s probably not the right forum section, But I got a Maag EQ2 500. And the current opamps are on sockets...

WheelieR
replies: 2 views: 146
WheelieR 1 week ago

Hi, I have been browsing these forums for a few years andthought i would share an unknown console with you to geek over. Its...

Hallams
replies: 10 views: 2,756
MRSEED 1 week ago

I'd read about some success stories with the Alesis HD24 + SSD route, but nothing pertaining to using a SSD in a Fostex...

plutoniq
replies: 3 views: 2,672
Farshad 2 weeks ago

So Midi cables these days seem strangely expensive for the longer varieties, perhaps because of low demand with everything going...

TequilaKez
replies: 11 views: 325
Cpl. Punishment 2 weeks ago

I am Looking for Schematics and any available Technical repair Info available on the Alesis Adat XT20. I have 2 of these with the...

SAnthony
replies: 14 views: 11,728
jantoman 2 weeks ago

I have a Blue Bottle Rocket Stage 2 which comes with the Powerstream power supply. It employs a soft start feature to avoid...

Hoffmanwantsgear
replies: 5 views: 602
Jsharpmusic 2 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
rapmusiclover123 2 weeks ago

Hi, I have a Golden Age COMP-54 compressor in for repair, the fault being meter needle slamming into the stop when the function...

traxcontrols
replies: 10 views: 2,359
spezza2207 2 weeks ago

Longtime member here but, for the third time since I first joined, I had to start a new account because GS doesn't have a clear...

Deadly Mix
replies: 4 views: 263
pass-out 2 weeks ago

I'm putting together a direct recording studio in my apartment. I have four different tube guitar amp heads that I record with. ...

ltemma74
replies: 19 views: 14,924
ltemma74 2 weeks ago

Hello all, I recently acquired a Soundcraft 200 mixer but I'm having some issues with it. All channels actually seem to work...

mogazi!
replies: 11 views: 2,128
smilan 2 weeks ago

What would be the best option for converting a synth (OB6) line level unbalanced signal to balanced? I'm wanting to interface it...

Clbraddock
replies: 10 views: 526
andow 2 weeks ago

Hello All, I have a Akai DPS 16 that is new to me. When I turn it on it does not find the ATA drive. I have pulled the...

johhnyg
replies: 3 views: 221
johhnyg 2 weeks ago

I bought a custom racked pair of Studer A900 channels, preamps/EQ, off of someone up in Canada several years ago through Ebay....

timsmooth
replies: 7 views: 364
nosebleedaudio 2 weeks ago

Does anybody already bought one of these new interfaces (Clarett+ 2Pre, 4Pre or 8Pre) and opened it? Which exactly DAC chip they...

vertigo_
replies: 2 views: 202
HumbleBee 2 weeks ago

Hey there, My studio has a Mojave MA-200 that gets a lot of use. We seem to be burning through tubes, however. We've replaced...

Simultaneity
replies: 15 views: 3,637
AuralArts 2 weeks ago

Can someone explain in simple terms the difference between Butterworth, Bessel, Chebyshev low pass filters? I have seen them...

Clbraddock
replies: 7 views: 260
Jim Williams 2 weeks ago

Moderators