The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up GeekZone = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,174 views: 609,795
phatbastard 21st December 2022

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 91 views: 146,764
jokeramik 21st September 2022

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 69,487
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

I purchased a turntable that’s been a nightmare. Margules is the company and I don’t mind mentioning them to call them out on...

Budda
replies: 22 views: 317
Budda 4 minutes ago

I'm in the process of beefing up the UREI content on my website, and one often overlooked point that I will cover is termination....

David Kulka
replies: 90 views: 21,402
Matt Syson 4 hours ago

Hi all - I'm trying to locate a quality schematic for the ADA 8200 8ch ADAT interface. (plenty for the 8000) I'm looking to...

garronleslie
replies: 2 views: 239
audiospecific 7 hours ago

Hi everyone :) Based in the USA here. I bought a secondhand chameleon labs 7720 from Australia and it came with an Australian...

Seaclones
replies: 1 views: 79
Thomas W. Bethe 23 hours ago

So I bought this preamp earlier this year (one of the first production pieces--payed $389 USD). I put it through its paces and...

MLAudio
replies: 88 views: 45,063
EricCagle 1 day ago

I was silly enough to store my Fostex PM1 in a hot space for a few years, and now I finally have a use for them I have found the...

reprobyte
replies: 2 views: 85
reprobyte 1 day ago

Hi guys! I would like to do a little mod to one of my microphone preamps and bypass all electrolytic caps in the audio path...

Rob2000
replies: 10 views: 386
Rob2000 1 day ago

Original post is below. But I just wanted to update this in case anybody finds this in a search or whatever. The problem is...

Grimace
replies: 52 views: 5,088
AuldLangSine 2 days ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 591 views: 432,474
kirkounet 2 days ago

Does anyone know if the microphone-parts RK-12 (sold on microphone-parts.com for $159) and the Rayking RK12 (sold on Alibaba for...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 26 views: 5,133
Dohreetoh 3 days ago

Hello, I'm very new to using a soldering iron, but I've soldered a few hundred cable connectors so far and put together a...

trubadoor
replies: 44 views: 5,719
cdkelly 3 days ago

Hi, I'm looking for R880 memory cards, but it seems they're impossible to find, so I was wondering if anyone knew about...

Beaucoup d’amour
replies: 14 views: 2,689
Trigunaudio 3 days ago

Hi All - I have a new set of Dynaudio BM15A monitors which I quite like, but also have an unused Bryston 45 SST2 I'd love to use...

Coles Royce
replies: 4 views: 323
anaudiopro 3 days ago

Hello, I have spent weeks reverse engineering the Lexicon 300 GAL chip, finally I got it right. I am able to replicate the...

anonyfous
replies: 0 views: 53
anonyfous 3 days ago

Hi Guys, I've look far and wide online - I simply cannot seem to find a downloadable manual or schematic for the...

boriscrispin
replies: 15 views: 7,076
analog_wizard 4 days ago

I received my unit from Thomann and two issues I am having: - VU gain reduction meter is not seating at 0 but around 2dB...

Method Man
replies: 18 views: 338
Method Man 4 days ago

Got myself a bag of 33uF 35v. Panasonic FR capacitors for the bias card on my Otari. But before I bother recapping the card I'd...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 11 views: 381
WarmJetGuitar 4 days ago

Hello I'm planning to recap my Pultec SP-3. Whant to change two electrolitic capatitors in it. One of them is in valve tube...

MainTime
replies: 3 views: 643
Eugene_Kei 4 days ago

I am repainting mine and did some test panels of rustoleum gold hammertone spray paint 7210830 7210-830 as well as the Krylon...

jml designs
replies: 2 views: 123
jml designs 4 days ago

hi guys. I have a Neumann m147 kit. but when my tube will be blown (6s6b nos), I want to mod it to fet instead of lamp. why?...

komysh
replies: 1 views: 101
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

A couple years ago my Harbinger L802 mixer stopped working, and had that wonderful smell of burnt electronics. I put it in...

polyspace
replies: 1 views: 70

can someone point me in a direction to get a v67 modified and if you know, what are the differences before and after? thanks!

changeng
replies: 297 views: 115,592
themicrophoneguy 1 week ago

I'm having a small problem with an Eq I have built. I'ts a SS pultec stile eq. PCB designed by myself. It is working and I have...

nervousfede
replies: 18 views: 445
kludgeaudio 1 week ago

hello everyone, I'd like to introduce MidiTraC... MidiTraC combines different device classes: * Step sequencer...

aliced25
replies: 3 views: 574
aliced25 1 week ago

Got a couple of these USB-powered phantom power supplies to see if they'd be usable for non-critical auxiliary mics - they...

M50k
replies: 0 views: 82
M50k 1 week ago

Hello, Silverstone wrote that it's possible to make a nice Di Box, which is used on Nashville studio, based on WE 111C ...

MainTime
replies: 110 views: 25,988
analoggg 1 week ago

Hi! I've lurked this forum for years and it's finally time to actually post something that I couldn't find the answer to neither...

jailhouse_frog
replies: 0 views: 71
jailhouse_frog 1 week ago

Hi, I would greatly appreciate it if someone can send me schematics for the Auditronics DA6 distribution amplifier module. ...

repro audio
replies: 2 views: 905
Cgastelu 1 week ago

Hello fellow geeks! Would love to get some input/help for my tube mic's power supply. I just bought a tube mic from Luke...

play.exe
replies: 14 views: 1,169
mbrebes 1 week ago

I have a Waldorf Micro Q with one bad SRAM IC, the bad SRAM is one of 3 that the DSP uses. The SRAM is a GS72108TP-12 but its...

mckenzie126
replies: 1 views: 105
mbrebes 1 week ago

Hi there, I recently purchased a DBX 160A online. Upon plugging in the power supply (nothing connected to the 'Input' or...

ZRGuitarPickups
replies: 18 views: 705
Graham Sound 1 week ago

Hello, I'm new in this forum, I'm asking an help for a Groove Tubes Vipre I bought used. The problems is that I only hear ...

Peter99999
replies: 21 views: 6,975
Matt Syson 1 week ago

Anyone happen to have a service manual for a Soundcraft spirit 8 mixer? I have one that needs some help on one channel and one...

Haysoundguy
replies: 2 views: 191
Haysoundguy 1 week ago

Dear all where can I find the schematics for the Focusrite ISA220, please?

TormyVanCool
replies: 9 views: 237
TormyVanCool 1 week ago

Hi! Bought a nice Echoplex EP-2 off Ebay. Living in Europe I would need a power converter or I was hoping someone around here...

Zeppelin
replies: 3 views: 2,479
abstinent101 1 week ago

Very random question. I'm interested in swapping out a capsule in a LDC for a small diaphragm. But most of them are sold in...

themicrophoneguy
replies: 0 views: 75
themicrophoneguy 1 week ago

Hello everyone. I bought myself a 4-track tape recorder for learning more about tape loops but sadly there's a problem. This...

Observant Sound
replies: 1 views: 111
tame1 1 week ago

So I'm installing this system into my studio. I need to run cable and put some outlets for the HRM-16 units into my walls. Just...

Hamburg58
replies: 6 views: 2,417
themaidsroom 1 week ago

Hi! I recently found my first ever microphone, CAD E-100 2, which obviously got me super excited! Unfortunately it does not...

jac.kosiba
replies: 3 views: 164

Hello, I'm taking apart a Lexi 1200c. Anyone know the specs of the T1 input transformer? Can't find a service manual/schematic...

archdake
replies: 1 views: 99
archdake 1 week ago

As the title suggests, will running a Japanese DX7/9 (configured for 100V, presumably) on 110V cause any issues? I'm looking at...

neveridentify
replies: 13 views: 365
neveridentify 1 week ago

So I have one of these units, it's a two space rackmount guitar preamp (modeling preamp). I fired it up today and got a...

Analogeezer
replies: 4 views: 163
Analogeezer 1 week ago

Hello Thought I'd share a really easy fix for an intermittent REL subwoofer popping sound. Over the course of the last year,...

Chuck Moe
replies: 5 views: 1,029
pht100 2 weeks ago

Hello. I have a relatively cheap large-diaphragm condenser mic that I put a relatively expensive capsule into. It sounds very...

lame pseudonym
replies: 5 views: 192
lame pseudonym 2 weeks ago

I've got a Leslie 122 that works great with my Hammond CV organ. I've recently acquired a DIY preamp (to plug in 1/4 inch...

kevinharvey
replies: 3 views: 162
The Count 2 weeks ago

I don't know whether these were executed well, and I know that they seem to be unavailable any more, but I sure would like a...

lame pseudonym
replies: 0 views: 94
lame pseudonym 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I bought a secondhand PC3 and it needs new rotary encoder. Does anybody know model/part number of the encoder? Or...

starby
replies: 7 views: 3,371
baseten 2 weeks ago

Hey all, Whenever I twist the output volume knob on my M-audio preamp slightly quickly, it creates a "crackling"...

zongofficial
replies: 1 views: 100
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Hi! I'm looking for a phantom-powered onboard buffer with balanced output. Top (quality) level stuff. I use my guitar only by...

VoivoD
replies: 0 views: 89
VoivoD 2 weeks ago

Lurked for a while but haven't had a reason to post till now, so hello! Hope this is the right forum for this question, if not...

euio
replies: 0 views: 90
euio 2 weeks ago

Moderators