The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up GeekZone = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,167 views: 596,959
JohnLRice 1st May 2022

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearspace Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 10 views: 55,996
TAGservice 14th January 2022

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 88 views: 139,365
gyraf 26th July 2021

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 67,021
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

I have been cleaning up my Tascam DA-30 MkII DAT recorder and there is one remaining fix to do: the brake pads. They are two 1mm...

OinkQuack
replies: 2 views: 166
gyraf 1 day ago

Hi, does anyone have a schematic for this console. 2nd question does anybody have an idea why the direct outs which are...

Oliver Zülch
replies: 49 views: 12,332
KeithAndo 1 day ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 576 views: 411,039
rrroque 3 days ago

Hi. I have a Spirit 328 mixing console with no boot problem. Need a Hardreseting or Firmware Flash but nothing is found files,...

Julitium
replies: 2 views: 499
girexx 3 days ago

Such an awesome little box. Inspiration on every preset but boy are sourcing buttons tough! Anyone know where I can find the...

jml designs
replies: 0 views: 93
jml designs 3 days ago

I recently acquired a DBX 286A and plan to use it mostly for voice over recordings. depending on the settings i can get a...

Scoobis
replies: 63 views: 11,391
cube99 4 days ago

Does anybody know where I could get my hands on an stand adapter for a Sony microphone with a non-standard base? It appears to...

Smackheadmuppet
replies: 23 views: 3,682
Ben_G 4 days ago

Hi folks I bought a second hand Mytek 8x192 of eBay it looks like someone did some tried to repair it themselves they replaced...

jlam
replies: 12 views: 2,824
j.colt 4 days ago

Just like the title says. I bought enough of these in the values needed to swap into the Hi EQ and Hi Mid EQ of the SC6000 I’m...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 4 views: 231
Brian M. Boykin 4 days ago

Does anyone know of a tech who has experience rebuilding Sontec 4xx PSUs? Ideally, im looking for someone in CA as ive...

lucid turtle
replies: 2 views: 225
lucid turtle 4 days ago

Hello everyone, I am wondering if anyone here in the thread has had issues with their AWS 900 randomly rebooting? It seems to...

London Bridge St
replies: 2 views: 156
London Bridge St 4 days ago

Although these are kits that you can buy and assemble if you have electonics engineering skills,...

Bob G
replies: 172 views: 84,902
carolcappetta 5 days ago

Hi. Hope someone can help me find a TASCAM connector. It's from a TASCAM MS 16 DBX jumper plug used when the machine is not using...

jerry
replies: 34 views: 1,741
jerry 6 days ago

Forward Hello fellow GS'ers! This is a reissue of a thread that I started over in the Cakewalk forums. It was immensely...

M.Retra
replies: 129 views: 35,543
Cjhoffmn 1 week ago

Hey all, I have a BM6 ribbon mic, and I would like to remove the insert with the ribbon from the top part of the mic, but it...

artr
replies: 0 views: 114
artr 1 week ago

One of my Genelec 1031a's toroidal power transformer's primary windings have gone open. I have never encountered a...

jetplane666666
replies: 2 views: 182
jetplane666666 1 week ago

Looking for a VSS-200 service manual or schematic. A service manual appears to have been linked on here a couple of years ago,...

partlenum
replies: 0 views: 97
partlenum 1 week ago

Hi, I have an IGS Tubecore mastering edition with the standard tubes. I'm trying to put in some 6386's, and when I do the VU...

jasonlivermore
replies: 23 views: 4,531
Dirk Churlish 1 week ago

Hi folks, a friend owns an Art Pro VLA II that he doesnt´t use anymore, so he will give it to me for free the next days. I love...

danibert
replies: 10 views: 10,765
Rowboat 1 week ago

Hi, Today, my Command 8 power supply's transformer pretty much melted. Luckily the C8 was powered off when I started smelling...

noah330
replies: 32 views: 5,131
Matt Syson 1 week ago

Hi all, I'm trying to repair my Yamaha SPX90 (Mark 1) power supply. Besides recapping I have noted which other parts need...

Aaron W
replies: 16 views: 3,574
arbor 1 week ago

Hi folks, I'm making a Phantom power Electret mic adapter (XLR to miniJack) based on one of popular DIY schemes (the goal is...

owodok
replies: 0 views: 118
owodok 1 week ago

Hi all, My SPX90 (Mk I) stopped working. I've replaced all electrolytic caps and a couple of resistors. I've scraped all...

arbor
replies: 77 views: 1,293
arbor 1 week ago

I've got a pair of these and the right one sounds noticeably duller than the left one. I've had them for a while, and I assume...

masterchain
replies: 15 views: 412
Bushman 1 week ago

Anyone have a part number or specs on replacing the pots on these?

Thisiscobras
replies: 1 views: 139
Thisiscobras 1 week ago

Hi Gang I've had my EVE SC207 speakers for a few years w/o problems. Yesterday, right side quit. I touch the button, and led...

josher
replies: 1 views: 282
Rollthedice 1 week ago

So I've been picking up radio in my really nice guitar amp, always thought it was the strat I "shielded" but forgot to...

captainate
replies: 32 views: 34,649
supernova7504 1 week ago

I am in the process of putting together my first studio. I received a great deal on a Soundcraft Spirit FX16 w/ Lexicon Effects...

ewhiz
replies: 13 views: 21,262
Jerry S 1 week ago

Guys, I picked up a Tapco 4400 reverb recently and ALL the slider pots are quite scratchy. I've cleaned a lot of rotary pots...

rog951
replies: 11 views: 3,197
lukegalea16 1 week ago

Hello, I have discovered that I have a few vintage GE / Thorardson audio transformers that I would love to put to use but I...

ifiififiifiif
replies: 4 views: 270
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

Could anyone tell me if this line mixer would likely degrade the direct output signal or does it seem decent?...

jamnxtdoor
replies: 4 views: 257
jamnxtdoor 2 weeks ago

I checked and read threads and replies for this subject and I'm convinced the https://www.ilitchelectronics.com/ system is the...

The Count
replies: 2 views: 130
The Count 2 weeks ago

So I bought a Grace m101 preamp from Reverb. It looks perfect and was said to only be used a few hours. However, it seems I got a...

mmoeding
replies: 2 views: 165
mmoeding 2 weeks ago

So I’m venturing into valve gear and need some basic understanding so I don’t kill myself. In the schematics provided the op...

Brian M. Boykin
replies: 3 views: 212
Brian M. Boykin 2 weeks ago

I know most people are tired of reading about Tube MP's but i havent seen this question answered yet. Can the attack or release...

Kas
replies: 1 views: 1,779
Euphonic Sonics 2 weeks ago

Has anyone used the Jensen model JT-MB-CA transformer in place of coupling caps for a mic pre input? It's a 1:1 ratio which you...

AmplitudeAudio
replies: 7 views: 2,130
SnizzleD 2 weeks ago

It seems audio scape offers meq built but it’s always sold out. A chassis is available at analog vibes. Don audio offers a...

Jb2
replies: 8 views: 612
guinsu 2 weeks ago

I purchased a API 500v 10 slot with API L200 PSU rack about a year ago. The first units I put in them were a pair of Chandler...

billinder33
replies: 4 views: 1,975
shimoyjk 2 weeks ago

Hi, not a pro but curious Have a PA amp using the 70 volt tap for speakers. Worked fine for 10 years. Now it's not turning On,...

Dunebuggy
replies: 1 views: 147
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Hi I have a weird problem. My OB8 has a tuning issue. Around E4, it drops about 3,2 semitones. The calibrations are ok the...

Jack Duelisis
replies: 22 views: 3,237
Innermuze 2 weeks ago

I have an "API 312" card that is quite a bit different from the 2 legit ones I own. The differences are: a) the...

Phil Cibley
replies: 4 views: 231
Phil Cibley 2 weeks ago

Hi folks, Could anyone help me source a display for an Akai DL1500 remote? My one has started to get an orange patch at the...

Beech
replies: 4 views: 2,713
TC Custom Audio 2 weeks ago

My fiancée is a singer who has been using her Yamaha MG82cx mixer without issue for the last 6 or so years. Unfortunately, she...

imdurc
replies: 11 views: 5,841
RogerFoote 2 weeks ago

Hi all, Im trying to convert my power supply to have a right angle plug. ITs a Behringer 1002B mixer. The existing power supply...

Pbmpbmpbm
replies: 1 views: 121
Pbmpbmpbm 2 weeks ago

I have 4 of these output transformers, originating from a Trident Series 80. The Swedish Radio LRAB version had 50+ of these on...

anders
replies: 15 views: 3,892
Avatar for X-Pand Sound Mastering
X-Pand Sound Mastering 2 weeks ago

I picked up an EC401 recently so I can sync my MX5050 MKIV to a DAW for hybrid tape flanging, but it didn't include the manual or...

TMOQuantity
replies: 0 views: 102
TMOQuantity 2 weeks ago

Ok I´m a fulltime dj since 20+ years and i eat through 2-3 headphones a year. I´ve tried many and they all break...

mattssons
replies: 5 views: 222
chris661 2 weeks ago

My old Optivisors are falling apart. Specifically, the headbands. So, bought some visors from Grizzly Tool but the lamp and...

RogerFoote
replies: 4 views: 177
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

I have a Kurzweil K2600 XS 88 key workstation with an internal hard drive that won't mount. I'm wondering if anyone out there has...

Ren Man
replies: 13 views: 2,149
Cpl. Punishment 2 weeks ago

Hi my name is Joel and im currently about to finish my studies on SAE stockholm. Im writing a essay about consolltables, and in...

Mlker
replies: 3 views: 1,067
Rassel 2 weeks ago

Moderators