The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up GeekZone = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,174 views: 611,119
phatbastard 21st December 2022

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 91 views: 147,607
jokeramik 21st September 2022

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 69,864
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

I have an original Urei LA-4A, and the VU meter doesn't work when the unit is in gain reduction mode. The VU meter works in the...

AnalogQueen
replies: 1 views: 63
AnalogQueen 1 hour ago

hi. I have a rode nt1000. it have quiet flat response but I want to try it as modeling microphone with slate vms. I need owners...

komysh
replies: 0 views: 35
komysh 8 hours ago

This may be a dumb question... but say you have a console with a line input preamp that is connected to an interface...

disantlor
replies: 2 views: 118
disantlor 13 hours ago

Hi All, Firstly, I'm located in Honolulu Hawaii. That Being said there aren't many Tape Heads Left locally so I'm counting on...

taitferge
replies: 4 views: 122
taitferge 14 hours ago

Hello, everyone. Decided to repair my old friend, 528e voice proceccor (1996). Found something strange when started writing...

multimaxfm
replies: 3 views: 58
Johnny T 15 hours ago

Hi, I posted this earlier on and was advised to ask...

mikewellington
replies: 2 views: 109
Thomas W. Bethe 22 hours ago

Hi! I've been working on a Studiomaster Mixdown Classic 8. I opened it up to make sure the levels were selected properly (i.e....

andrewpauly
replies: 0 views: 53
andrewpauly 1 day ago

Any idea what are the specs (voltage, amps, etc) of the light inside the WA76 vu meter. They have been out of stock for a...

Johnny Digital
replies: 2 views: 149
gyraf 1 day ago

Yes, I know they're old, but I have a JBL LSR4328P that was buzzing for a while, and now it won't completely power-up. I could...

NReichman
replies: 2 views: 127
NReichman 1 day ago

Got myself a bag of 33uF 35v. Panasonic FR capacitors for the bias card on my Otari. But before I bother recapping the card I'd...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 12 views: 454
neil456 2 days ago

I want to connect the outputs of a Presonus NSB 16.8 stage box to the inputs of a Presonus HP60 headphone amp. The inputs I want...

trevor.sorrento
replies: 3 views: 136
trevor.sorrento 2 days ago

I know that it's best to plug all audio hardware into one single wall outlet to avoid ground loops, but if I have a wall outlet...

jsonic88
replies: 8 views: 215
JohnRoberts 2 days ago

Very short question: do a new m7 membrane has a “break-in” time ? Like a speaker.

QueenSisi
replies: 2 views: 133
QueenSisi 2 days ago

Hello, I'm trying to fix a Roland HP 2900g, but i can't find a schematic or a service manual. A small transistor...

owai
replies: 19 views: 4,462
Julka 2 days ago

Hey all, I have a rolland 301 that has been having some delay issues for a while now. For some reason the delay would just stop...

NaptownHepcats
replies: 0 views: 52
NaptownHepcats 3 days ago

I had this crazy idea to flip the capsule of a big diaphragm condenser mic 90 degree so it will be siting perpendicularly to...

Rob2000
replies: 0 views: 69
Rob2000 3 days ago

Hope this is the right area for this question. I have a Crate GT-80 Amp solid state/tube, I have put it in the shop but they...

gwayms
replies: 14 views: 10,427
lanavy 3 days ago

My console has been doing this for a while but basically from 150hz down, mostly in the sub bass region below 50hz I am getting...

Trojanmantony
replies: 1 views: 79
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Hi! Just curious if anybody knows if you can use the ghost tech piezos directly individually for each string and go perhaps...

Drumbum_mer
replies: 0 views: 60
Drumbum_mer 4 days ago

Hi there! Been browsing this forum and I didn't find the info I am looking for. Got many SM57 and the alike which had all inner...

niva
replies: 2 views: 100
The Count 5 days ago

I purchased a turntable that’s been a nightmare. Margules is the company and I don’t mind mentioning them to call them out on...

Budda
replies: 43 views: 835
Budda 5 days ago

If you're handy with a soldering iron and a schematic, this is a thread to show off your DIY studio gear builds. Compressors,...

che_guitarra
replies: 253 views: 80,198
Thomas W. Bethe 6 days ago

Hi dear geeks, I wonder if I need LINEAR faders or VCA faders for my digital console? My name's Terence Meunier. I'm building...

Toyoto
replies: 1 views: 50
Toyoto 6 days ago

Hello everyone, I am wondering if anyone here in the thread has had issues with their AWS 900 randomly rebooting? It seems to...

London Bridge St
replies: 5 views: 358
orange 1 week ago

Hey everyone! My C800-G started making the ocean noise/white noise and based on the research I did, I will be replacing the...

RealCDugz
replies: 13 views: 290
audiospecific 1 week ago

Hi all - I'm trying to locate a quality schematic for the ADA 8200 8ch ADAT interface. (plenty for the 8000) I'm looking to...

garronleslie
replies: 8 views: 378
audiospecific 1 week ago

Hi all. For about a year now, as I add a picture to a post, I'm only able to add the attachment using GS add attachment...

ritelec
replies: 8 views: 3,432
Hobobonobo 1 week ago

Please see image below. Does this imply that the Preamp pin P is always directly connected whether the EQ is lifted or not? Or...

Paulwells66
replies: 1 views: 94
samwinston123 1 week ago

Hello, I have spent weeks reverse engineering the Lexicon 300 GAL chip, finally I got it right. I am able to replicate the...

anonyfous
replies: 3 views: 169
Mesmerised 1 week ago

My Masterlink CDR is no longer burning properly, and of course I have a project on hold because of this. I don't want to send the...

Etnier
replies: 18 views: 5,261
BHeerman 1 week ago

Here are a bunch of KiCad design files for anyone who wants to use them. Some of the designs are tried and tested and some are...

HVI
replies: 0 views: 93
HVI 1 week ago

Hi all, I've been installing my Alice ACM mixer over the last week following a few years where it's been sat idle with it's...

Fizmo100
replies: 10 views: 3,269
Matt Syson 1 week ago

Hi my name is Joel and im currently about to finish my studies on SAE stockholm. Im writing a essay about consolltables, and in...

Mlker
replies: 4 views: 1,298
simonabright 1 week ago

Hi everyone :) Based in the USA here. I bought a secondhand chameleon labs 7720 from Australia and it came with an Australian...

Seaclones
replies: 4 views: 191
craigb 1 week ago

Hi! I own an Ibanez DMD2000 that works in all ways but modulation (i.e., the "M" in "DMD")... First, I...

focusbob
replies: 2 views: 239
focusbob 1 week ago

So I recently got a Yamaha M406 and am planning on doing BXT403's mod Now, I thought I would put it out here before I do anything...

Sonicblue99
replies: 16 views: 14,327
analoggg 1 week ago

spring reverb IR production - did anybody try activating a metal sheet ads plate with something dirac-like impulse producing,...

DAH
replies: 0 views: 66
DAH 1 week ago

Hi all - I have question about electric load best practices. I have a furman ar-15 II voltage regulator (15 amp capacity). I'm...

The Green Man
replies: 3 views: 370
UGP 1 week ago

Hi guys! I would like to do a little mod to one of my microphone preamps and bypass all electrolytic caps in the audio path...

Rob2000
replies: 14 views: 530
jaddie 1 week ago

So I've had a Summit TLA 100A on the bench for service. Apparently the bright spark who designed this was not that bright. There...

Radardoug
replies: 9 views: 1,648
Kinho 1 week ago

I bought a used 900 rack with nine 903 compressors in it. It appears in good condition and powers up with an LED showing on the...

Tibbon
replies: 1 views: 86
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

hi guys. I have a Neumann m147 kit. but when my tube will be blown (6s6b nos), I want to mod it to fet instead of lamp. why?...

komysh
replies: 2 views: 165
Hymnographer 1 week ago

I'm in the process of beefing up the UREI content on my website, and one often overlooked point that I will cover is termination....

David Kulka
replies: 95 views: 21,753
emrr 1 week ago

Dear all where can I find the schematics for the Focusrite ISA220, please?

TormyVanCool
replies: 10 views: 306
TormyVanCool 1 week ago

So I bought this preamp earlier this year (one of the first production pieces--payed $389 USD). I put it through its paces and...

MLAudio
replies: 88 views: 45,172
EricCagle 2 weeks ago

I was silly enough to store my Fostex PM1 in a hot space for a few years, and now I finally have a use for them I have found the...

reprobyte
replies: 2 views: 115
reprobyte 2 weeks ago

Original post is below. But I just wanted to update this in case anybody finds this in a search or whatever. The problem is...

Grimace
replies: 52 views: 5,135
AuldLangSine 2 weeks ago

There has been alot of talk about importance of conversion in recording chain, and lots of people want to know which AD/DA chip...

Chagalj
replies: 591 views: 433,845
kirkounet 2 weeks ago

Does anyone know if the microphone-parts RK-12 (sold on microphone-parts.com for $159) and the Rayking RK12 (sold on Alibaba for...

VitaEtMusica
replies: 26 views: 5,183
Dohreetoh 2 weeks ago

Hello, I'm very new to using a soldering iron, but I've soldered a few hundred cable connectors so far and put together a...

trubadoor
replies: 44 views: 5,784
cdkelly 2 weeks ago

Moderators