The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The GUTZ

OK, something to spice up GeekZone = here is where we post images of the INSIDE of audio equipment. Disclaimer; any photo...

Tim Farrant
replies: 1,163 views: 557,312
YashN 1 week ago

I have been collecting schematics for 30 years and 5 years ago I started make them available at my site www.SecretMind.dk but...

MicroSonic
replies: 86 views: 120,635
waveterm 25th December 2020

DSP Innovations has recently launched a FREE data sheet search site. The site, Datasheetpro.com - Search Electronic Components ,...

gabriel1
replies: 19 views: 56,591
msbettyhunt 27th March 2020

Anyone who offers technical services should get themselves listed into the new member directory here... Gearslutz Directory:...

Tim Farrant
replies: 9 views: 45,638
msbettyhunt 24th March 2020

I am building some cables using Mogami W2930 and Neutrik NC3MXX-EMC. The W2930 has a shield and a drain wire. Normally, with...

wildplum
replies: 3 views: 279
jl.pt 8 hours ago

Hey everybody! Currently rehabbing an old Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 32 channel. I'm having trouble tracking down service...

gravyhavok
replies: 2 views: 153
gravyhavok 20 hours ago

Hey, I wonder if anybody has come across this. I just got a new Mackie 1202VLZ4 and it seems to have quite a problem with...

LincolnG
replies: 45 views: 1,996
audiospecific 23 hours ago

I'm at a new location and I've been having interference problems with my Electro Voice RE-20. Some of the noise turned out to be...

gradivus
replies: 31 views: 310
audiospecific 1 day ago

Hello, Can anyone confirm what DBX models used the 200 VCA and 208 RMS found in the 160VU? I'm trying to find a couple for a...

Clbraddock
replies: 6 views: 129
Clbraddock 1 day ago

This year, I bought a new Neve 1073SPX and have used it on tracking sessions approximately 20 times total. I've used it to track...

imtheus3r
replies: 2 views: 67
imtheus3r 1 day ago

I want to install Pan potentiometers into my passive summing box. The passive summing box has 16 input channels. It is assembled...

MainTime
replies: 35 views: 2,667
Matt Syson 1 day ago

does anyone know of a compatible replacement for a Roland Jupiter 8 power switch?

starfield
replies: 1 views: 450
junglehs 1 day ago

My Masterlink CDR is no longer burning properly, and of course I have a project on hold because of this. I don't want to send the...

Etnier
replies: 14 views: 3,982
audiospecific 1 day ago

Hey Geekz, I was gifted two Realistic Ultra Directional Electret Condenser Microphones. They appear to be battery powered...

sirjuxtable
replies: 17 views: 365
sirjuxtable 1 day ago

Howdy, I've got a 75' Rhodes MKI 73 that I've had for a couple years now. Came to me in somewhat rough shape, but I replaced...

sports_poem
replies: 2 views: 188
arbor 1 day ago
replies: 5 views: 215
audiospecific 1 day ago

Hi guys, Just been refurbishing an old Meridian 101 Preamp and have changed the power caps and refreshed some other...

PurpleOhmAudio
replies: 7 views: 258
JohnRoberts 2 days ago

Hi everyone, For some reason my microphone (U87) has been making this buzzing noise while I'm recording (see attached audio...

derrickhou
replies: 1 views: 161
audiospecific 2 days ago

Anyone know if there is a way to join groupdiy.com? I registered almost a month ago and am still waiting on my account to be...

Clbraddock
replies: 6 views: 264
JohnRoberts 2 days ago

Hi, if you need some informationes or schematics about amplifiers and other gear from the "Rundfunk- und...

jokeramik
replies: 2 views: 279
jokeramik 2 days ago

Hello - I am new to this site, and I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this on, but I thought I'd give it a...

savs165
replies: 1 views: 153
rbbrchckn 2 days ago

Hi, Anybody has information/ schematics for the UNIVERSAL AUDIO 2100 Channel Strip? Thanks, Francisco

estudio19
replies: 2 views: 3,271
rubli 3 days ago

Hello, I'm in the process of refurbishing a couple of Amek X-Series desks. They are great sounding and easy to work on The...

crosscutred
replies: 4 views: 392
crosscutred 3 days ago

Hello! I've finally finished a project I've been working on (and off) for the last three years or so. It's great to finally put...

fragletrollet
replies: 21 views: 1,969
znjamznjam 4 days ago

I have a Tascam M-2524, and the M-2500 series EQ usually gets comments from "It has an EQ" to "the EQ sucks"....

regebro
replies: 84 views: 7,861
regebro 4 days ago

Hey guys, I connected my Roland JV-1010 to line inputs of my interface but unfortunately the maximum recording level is quite...

danibert
replies: 14 views: 289
Thomas W. Bethe 4 days ago

I've recently gotten the mentioned unit plus a TR-707 and MKS-30 for a laugh. Today I tested it and it made sound for about a...

trondl
replies: 12 views: 2,347
trondl 5 days ago

Hi Does anyone out there have the schematics for the Korg CR-4 (4-track cassette recorder)? I can only find the user manual...

Sumtn
replies: 4 views: 1,977
666 5 days ago

Having replaced my ENGL's tubes a few times and with a bunch of old tubes lying around taking up space - don't ask me why I kept...

Cursed Lemon
replies: 12 views: 379
Thomas W. Bethe 6 days ago

Hi guys, just read something about the TAL DAC plugin, which emulates old vintage sampler hardware. It provides a AM6070 DAC...

danibert
replies: 1 views: 173
oldgearguy 1 week ago

Hello, Amazon has a fanless, portable battery-charged power supply. It says it can handle 300 watts of power draw, and will...

gearstudent
replies: 3 views: 163
David Kulka 1 week ago

I am working on this unit that has two broken switches, more specifically the SIP switch and Studio speakers switch. I guess...

tron23
replies: 3 views: 184
tron23 1 week ago

I am trying to locate the bin files for the presets ROMs in order to save a unit. I hope asking for the code is not a violation...

tron23
replies: 0 views: 109
tron23 1 week ago

Hi, I have a question, if this is stupid and ignorant please, do tell me straight up. Leaving aside costs/...

BarryLimestone
replies: 6 views: 160
David Rick 1 week ago

Hi finally manged to get hold of one of these rare units - but its in very bad condition and non-functioning. Getting the user...

DJKrishna
replies: 5 views: 424
lovekrafty 1 week ago

This thread is for exchange and discussion of technical information regarding maintenance, tweaking, adjusting, and general care...

piotr
replies: 154 views: 36,177
jack001 1 week ago

Hi. Hope someone can help me find a TASCAM connector. It's from a TASCAM MS 16 DBX jumper plug used when the machine is not using...

jerry
replies: 30 views: 1,259
jerry 1 week ago

One of the old "boat anchors" I have sitting idle in the studio is a 1960s Telefunken M10 two-track reel machine. I got...

Fummunda
replies: 20 views: 370
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hi there. I need some help. Someone could tell me any exact make and model, that is 100% compatible for U67. I know...

SmouseS
replies: 24 views: 5,545
Radardoug 1 week ago

Hi Guys, i'm looking for solution to fix my mixing console "Allen and Heath System 8 / 168" . wworried I hope...

ginboy79
replies: 1 views: 140
cyrano 1 week ago

So you want ziggstar dust studio guitar tones. Lets say you have a marshall pig with 2 tubes removed and a xlr out, a 68 les...

Lou kash
replies: 2 views: 181
Scragend 1 week ago

I love my KSP8, and the remote is one of the best parts of using it. BUT recently the rubber bottom on the KSP8 remote has...

timtoonz
replies: 5 views: 703
Blatboy 1 week ago

It's time to refoam my JBL Control 5 woofers. I did some quick reconnaissance and I've come up with the following resources to...

Piyono
replies: 1 views: 131
lame pseudonym 1 week ago

Hi a few weeks ago I started seeing an error message on my DAW PC which warns that 'hard disc failure is eminent'. I called tech...

perform/record
replies: 14 views: 1,427
play/record 1 week ago

I recently got my hands on an Allen and Heath System 8 mkII in decent shape for free and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas...

jooooakes
replies: 1 views: 459
ginboy79 1 week ago

I’m modding a Leslie cab which has a crossover that is frequency dependent on the speaker impedance. I have an 8 ohm speaker...

Clbraddock
replies: 3 views: 176
Clbraddock 1 week ago

My 15-year-old Mackie 1202 has finally gotten sufficiently annoying that I'm going to open it and clean all the potentiometers...

shmuelyosef
replies: 3 views: 196
Jim Williams 1 week ago

I need help, please. The Orion X console has a great quality sound. It is transparent. Sounds big and clean. Perhaps I am...

Melodicca
replies: 43 views: 8,334
Jim Williams 1 week ago

Hi, I'm trying to fix an old genlock (not quite music gear, but audio/visual for sure) and the faders are broken. They look...

Overmann
replies: 12 views: 396
Jim Williams 1 week ago

Does anyone have a schematic or manual for the Amek RCMA NEVE 9098?

sprockets
replies: 5 views: 1,095
neoviking 1 week ago

I want to adjust (or maybe just check) the azimuth on a tape machine's repro head, and I have an alignment tape. I don't have an...

Bravin Neff
replies: 2 views: 170
Bravin Neff 2 weeks ago

Seeking some advice, please, from the master electronics pros here... I have a Hammond XM-2 organ module that will not power...

kennybro
replies: 6 views: 244
RetroFunk 2 weeks ago

It's a Tascam 122mkII. After fixing about five other problems, the deck is dropping into stop after about ten seconds of play, or...

Jidis
replies: 18 views: 408
Jidis 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I've spent the past few months (very) slowly bringing a Studer 902 back to glory. One thing I have been ignoring however...

nativeVS
replies: 7 views: 648
Jim Williams 2 weeks ago

Moderators