The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Spirit Absolute Zero monitors ? opinions ?
Old 28th December 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Spirit Absolute Zero monitors ? opinions ?

Hi,

Does anyone own or have opinions on the SPIRIT ABSOLUTE ZERO nearfield monitors ?

A friend is offering them to me at a decent price ...

Thanks a ton in advance,
jls
Old 9th January 2004

🎧 15 years
We had a set of these in for service, blown woofer (which cost $500 to replace !!) they sounded OK but not startling, useable I suppose. They don't make these anymore by the way.

Tim.
Old 9th January 2004
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
unless they are a very good price (free)

don't
Old 10th January 2004
Rab
KMR Audio

🎧 15 years
At this level, I really believe you're better off getting a half-decent set of hi-fi speakers for the same budget. The Absolute Zero's kinda live up to their name. Don't be fooled by the "studio monitor" label... they're just bad speakers.
Old 6th August 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I own a pair for about 10 years and I have blown a tweeter and don´t know how to replace it or how much would it cost.
But I think they are better for listening music at home then for monitoring purposes.. they have exaggerated bass response. Absolut Two are a little better though.
Old 6th August 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab ➡️
At this level, I really believe you're better off getting a half-decent set of hi-fi speakers for the same budget. The Absolute Zero's kinda live up to their name. Don't be fooled by the "studio monitor" label... they're just bad speakers.
x2. The speakers are very outdated. There are speakers nowadays that are actually real monitors for a fair price. One advice, good speakers cost good money. Think about it, spend a some more and enjoy the for years,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Lobo ➡️
I own a pair for about 10 years and I have blown a tweeter and don´t know how to replace it or how much would it cost. But I think they are better for listening music at home then for monitoring purposes.. they have exaggerated bass response. Absolut Two are a little better though.
Repair is a 5 minute DIY thing. Any good store can supply you a spare part.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
They are great, because they sound pretty bad. I switch between these and KRK 6000's to make mix corrections and place mic's. I find them boxy and they tend to shrink the stereo field. If it sounds good on the absolute zeros, it's money. Also, they don't fatigue my ears like NS-10's did. Think of them as Auratones that represent speakers people will actually be listening through. Unlike the 6000's, they have pretty good low end response, however inaccurate.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…