The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EMT 240 remote - help needed
Old 5th November 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
EMT 240 remote - help needed

I have an EMT 240 goldfoil and Neve 1762 remote module, but no remote cable or pinouts for either one. I Googled but didn't manage to find anything useful - if anyone can assist or point me in the right direction I'd be really grateful!

Cheers

Frank
Old 5th November 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Funk ➑️
I have an EMT 240 goldfoil and Neve 1762 remote module, but no remote cable or pinouts for either one. I Googled but didn't manage to find anything useful - if anyone can assist or point me in the right direction I'd be really grateful!

Cheers

Frank
Hi

Well the 1762 shouldn't tax your wiring skills... if you take the side cover off all it is is the EMT remote control panel (meter, up button, down button) and a lamp and a switch. It was designed, I thought, for the big steel plate rev unit (damn, senility strikes, I can't recall the number ) so I don't know how or if it connects to the gold foil model.

If you can find the remote info for that unit you should be home and dry.

Old 5th November 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Hi Geoff

Thanks for the info. I opened up the 1762 and it is exactly as you said. Hopefully someone here has the EMT remote info or pinouts and I can give it a try. I hope the 1762 will work with the 240 - they both came from RTE, so I'm assuming they were used together. Then again I don't know if RTE used EMT 140 plates too - the big steel ones.... heh

Frank
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I believe I have the wiring for the EMT140 and remote. I have no clue if it's the same for the 240 or not though! Will check when I'm in the studio...
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley ➑️
I believe I have the wiring for the EMT140 and remote. I have no clue if it's the same for the 240 or not though! Will check when I'm in the studio...
Great, thanks!

Frank
Old 7th November 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Update: I got an EMT 240 pdf manual including schematics from Jim Cunningham. Very kind of him too! If ayone else needs a copy I can pass it on.

Frank
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Excellent..
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Update: I got an EMT 240 pdf manual including schematics from Jim Cunningham. Very kind of him too! If ayone else needs a copy I can pass it on.

Frank
We'd find a copy very useful for servicing our 240 - thanks.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert O ➑️
We'd find a copy very useful for servicing our 240 - thanks.
PM'd you...

Frank
Old 16th November 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Question... is the remote you're speaking of the one that can control 2 echo plates? I have a couple of those remotes here, as well as two 140's that were given to me last year, and I desperately want to get them operational, but don't know the pinout configuration. Perhaps you can pass some knowledge "love" my direction!

Thanks!

**Also... on the remote cables... if they're similar to the 140 plates (I have no idea if they are or not), they use the same Teuschel connectors as I believe the old Neumann 67's... and boy, are they expensive!!!! When I priced them, there were in the $500-$600 range EACH!!!! Luckily, I had the remote cables... (as I wipe the sweat from my nervous brow!)
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi ➑️
Question... is the remote you're speaking of the one that can control 2 echo plates? I have a couple of those remotes here, as well as two 140's that were given to me last year, and I desperately want to get them operational, but don't know the pinout configuration. Perhaps you can pass some knowledge "love" my direction!
My remote just controls 1 plate - it's a Neve module, same size as a 1272. I think I can help you out with the 140 remote pinouts - I have a 140 manual with schematics which I just checked and it includes the remote connector diagrams. It's quite small , so if you want to email me I'll attach it to the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi ➑️
**Also... on the remote cables... if they're similar to the 140 plates (I have no idea if they are or not), they use the same Teuschel connectors as I believe the old Neumann 67's... and boy, are they expensive!!!! When I priced them, there were in the $500-$600 range EACH!!!! Luckily, I had the remote cables... (as I wipe the sweat from my nervous brow!)
I believe the 240 uses a Neumann M49 connector. I have to source one myself and I hope it's less than the $$ you're talking - yikes!

Frank
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
..could be an idea to change those connectors to 7-pin XLR's or something..
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
You're right... it is the 49's. And I have heard of folks changing out the connectors with the xlr stuff. I know that I could only find 2 or 3 places that had them AT ALL, and they were too pricey for me. Then the original owner of the plates said "here's the remote cables, connectors and all." I was thanking my lucky stars! heh

I'll pm you about the manuals... thank you!
Old 17th November 2006
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
EMT 240 infos

Hi
I have one of these and would like to take up Dr funks offer for the pdf manual. My up down buttons seem to make little difference to the decay which remains pretty long...is this because I don't have a remote and should be bridging some of the pins on the remote output? Any help much appreciated.
Old 17th November 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
EMT 140 remote wiring, maybe this will help.
Attached Thumbnails
EMT 240 remote - help needed-140rem.jpg  
Old 17th November 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i'll take a PDF of the 240 manual as well
Old 19th November 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
140/240 same remote?

Thanks, is the remote the same for the 140 and the 240? Does your 140 allow damper adjustments with the remote unplugged?
Old 19th November 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Ok, I've had a few more requests for this, so here's a link to the 240 manual (I'll leave it there for others unless I'm asked to take it down):

EMT 240 manual

Frank
Old 20th November 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Ok, I've had a few more requests for this, so here's a link to the 240 manual (I'll leave it there for others unless I'm asked to take it down):

EMT 240 manual

Frank

Brilliant. Thank you. I love these units!
Old 10th December 2007 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
EMT 240 Schematics

Hi,

I REALLY need a set of these.

When I have both 262's plugged in the whole thing does'nt work.
When I pull "the bad one" the "good" channel works...

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11th December 2007 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Seems the original link was broken - here's an updated link to the 240 manual:

EMT 240 manual

Cheers

Frank
Old 9th November 2011 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Bringing an old thread back from the grave! I lost my copy of the EMT 240 manual in a hard drive crash, and the copy I had uploaded is long gone too.

Could anyone who downloaded it please repost it? Would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Frank

EDIT: Found it! There's a copy at www.analogrules.com - I forgot I'd passed it on for archival purposes. Glad I did!
Old 12th November 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Bringing an old thread back from the grave! I lost my copy of the EMT 240 manual in a hard drive crash, and the copy I had uploaded is long gone too.

Could anyone who downloaded it please repost it? Would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Frank

EDIT: Found it! There's a copy at Analog Rules!!! Pro-Audio Parts and Service - I forgot I'd passed it on for archival purposes. Glad I did!
Hi Frank. I've gone through that site's various pages but hey, make it easy me, post a direct link to the 240 info if you can.
Old 12th November 2011 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Yep, it's pretty hard to find alright. Here's the page:

Free EMT Schematics and Manuals - from AnalogRules.com

Frank
Old 14th November 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Cheers!
Old 12th November 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pytchley ➑️
Thanks, is the remote the same for the 140 and the 240?
does anyone know the answer to this? struggling to find a 240 remote but a 140 seems easier
Old 13th November 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
bump
Old 13th November 2015
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
240 remote...

Essentially a 240 remote is the same as a 140... You may have to change the connector, depending on which version of the 140 remote you have, but they are pretty much the same. Look in the manual for the circuit. I'm looking for one as well!
Old 13th November 2015
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
thanks clive
Old 6th June 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Might anyone here have an EMT 140 remote they'd be willing to sell?
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…