The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Needed philips sound mix-5 manual
Old 22nd February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Needed philips sound mix-5 manual

Just bought this cool 9 Chanel mixer ,I really hope that somebody here has a user manual, service manual, or schematics
Attached Thumbnails
Needed philips sound mix-5 manual-image_7078.jpg   Needed philips sound mix-5 manual-image_1031.jpg  
Old 10th April 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
i have some schematics > .pdf for you... pm me!
Old 16th June 2017
Here for the gear

No signal out on sound mix-5

Good morning everyone, I also have a problem on this mixer, I no longer have the output signal (XLR), I only have the signal on the headphone connector, front panel. Any one of you can give me information or perhaps electronic schemes?
I know enough electronics but you give me some info.
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Needed philips sound mix-5 manual-img_5624-1-.jpg   Needed philips sound mix-5 manual-img_5625-1-.jpg  
Old 15th July 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Hello,

also got one of those mixers and looking for schematics, manual and more info about it in general
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Send a p.m. to the tqlcarlo above.
He has solved his problem with the schematics I have sent him.
Old 11th April 2021
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Another happy Mix-5 owner here, who can help me with (service) manual and/or schematics? Everything is appreciated! Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelmusic ➡️
Another happy Mix-5 owner here, who can help me with (service) manual and/or schematics? Everything is appreciated! Thanks.
https://sterremuur.nl/manuals/Mixers.../LBB1147SM.pdf
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
thanks! mine is collecting dust, might give it a spin again.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Thank you, I found this service manual also. Vibey little desk. Nice overdrive, ‘loose’ sounding when gently pushed. Combine with the limiter reminds me a bit of an old DBX comp (160?).
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Studied the service manual. Unfortunately I cannot read these diagrams, but I managed to adjust the line inputs to the same levels, everything was off. The line level inputs sound way fuller to my ears than sending padded line signals to the mic ins, like someone suggested. The mic ins seemed to lack a bit bottom end when accepting l8ne signals. Is this due to impedance mismatch? Would be nice to be able to experiment with line signals while taking the transformer path also.

Also, does anyone know how to disable the 12v phantom? The manual mentions the 3,5mm jack input (for external 48v phantom) on the back of the unit. Supposedly it disables the internal phantom when inserted. So I tried to insert a loose jack plug (ts and trs) in there, hoping this was some kind of normalled connection. Unfortunately it did not disable the phantom. Unfortunalely my electrical knowledge is minimal so I do not want to experiment further. But maybe I’m overlooking something simple here.

Does anyone have a copy of user or operating available for sharing?
Old 3 weeks ago
rez
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Hello!

If you look into the service manual on the sheet between pages 21 and 22 there is the schematic of the power supply. On the far right side is the section for the phantom power with the "BU 402" part which is the 3.5mm socket. If you follow the power coming from the +15v rail it goes thru the diode "D 406" and connects to the switchable connection in the 3.5mm jack. If you insert a 3.5mm tr plug into this socket it should physically move the tip contact to break the connection between the diode and the output of the 3.5mm socket. Be careful not to establish a connection between the ring and the tip as you then would connect the center tap of the input transformer to ground via the phantom power resistor "R 102". If you don´t want to use the internal phantom power at all you always can make a break in the connection before or after the diode "D 406" to disable the power connection permanently. This can be done by "lifting" aka desoldering one leg of the diode so it also can be easy undone if needed.

The difference in sound between the mic and line inputs could have several reasons besides the obvious level and impedance mismatch. The mic and line inputs use a little bit different values for the components that form the input filters which might lead to sightly different frequency values for the cut off point. Also there are different opamps in the signal path for mic (NE 5534) and line inputs (MC 1458) which might also have an impact on the sound.
And last but not least there will be a different signal strenght after the line input if you use it in unbalanced vs. balanced mode via the grey switches on the back panel.

What do you want to know about operating this mixer that is not explained in the service manual? Please tell if you need any explanation for something you don´t understand, because all the relevant information is there - some aspects just might need prior knowledge to be understand.

peace, rez

Last edited by rez; 3 weeks ago at 12:07 PM.. Reason: one more info added
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks so much for your elaborate answer. Your pointers are much appreciated. My friend has a much deeper understanding of electronics than myself, he will help me figure this out and explain.

Cheers from The Netherlands. Pavel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rez ➡️
Hello!

If you look into the service manual on the sheet between pages 21 and 22 there is the schematic of the power supply. ...

peace, rez
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…