The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Boss DR Rhythm 660 battery replacement
Old 17th October 2006
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Boss DR Rhythm 660 battery replacement

Hi all,
this week when turning on my beloved Dr. 660 drum machine and a message came up saying low battery,,,the only way it would proceed was to hit enter,
and WHAMMOOO!!!!
The damm thing initialized itself whipping out all of my custum beats!!!
Anyway, does anyone know how to replace the battery?
thanks in advance.
Mario
Old 19th November 2008
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hello,

I just picked one up and the batter is actually a lithium.
1. Unscrew everything on the bottom
2. Pull off back cover
3. You'll see a circuit board that will pull out *but be careful - you have to kind of pull and slide to the right to get the one jack past what its hitting.
4. You'll see the lithium batter. Size 2032
Old 19th November 2008 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
A while back I got the "low battery" warning on my 660, too. I tore it apart, replaced the battery, and all was fine....... for about a month, then it started glitching, cutting out, LED screen freaking out, etc. I don't know if I really want to go through the headache of replacing the battery again just to possiblly have it happen all over again.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

ROD
Imaginary Friend Recording
Old 11th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Pulled and replaced the battery, no dice! Still getting the message. :(
Old 11th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I hung mine on the wall as a reminder of times past!!
Old 21st April 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I just got one of these off ebay. Has anyone had a *successful* experience replacing the battery?

Thanks!
Old 21st April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Changing the battery is no big deal.....
Found this info for you:
1.Disconnect all of the cables hooked up to the unit and turn it off. Turn the DR-660 upside down and remove each of the screws holding the bottom cover in place. Pull the cover off, exposing the internal components.
2.Remove the screws holding the circuit board in place. Slide the circuit board toward the right side of the unit and gently pull it out. The battery, a small button cell, will now be visible.
3.Pull the battery out of its holder. Replace it with a new lithium battery, size 2032. Insert the new battery with the positive side facing up. Replace the circuit board and back cover, ensuring that all of the screws are reinstalled.
Old 22nd April 2014
Old 22nd April 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP2016 ➑️
Changing the battery is no big deal.....
Found this info for you:
1.Disconnect all of the cables hooked up to the unit and turn it off. Turn the DR-660 upside down and remove each of the screws holding the bottom cover in place. Pull the cover off, exposing the internal components.
2.Remove the screws holding the circuit board in place. Slide the circuit board toward the right side of the unit and gently pull it out. The battery, a small button cell, will now be visible.
3.Pull the battery out of its holder. Replace it with a new lithium battery, size 2032. Insert the new battery with the positive side facing up. Replace the circuit board and back cover, ensuring that all of the screws are reinstalled.
Ok cool. Yeah, I found the same ehow article and watched a vid, but I read something somewhere about desoldering stuff. That combined with the above thread made me hesitant. This looks like a super easy thing to do tho.

Thanks for the copypasta, and thanks for not just posting a LMGTFY link
Old 14th August 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just replaced my battery yesterday with successful results.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…