Simmons analog Clap Trap - inside shot - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Simmons analog Clap Trap - inside shot
Old 29th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Simmons analog Clap Trap - inside shot

Hello,

I am experimenting with the claptrap schematics but it has no parts list so I do not know what 1 of the IC's are. I was wondering if anyone that owns one of these rare clappers would be willing to send a shot of the top of the circuit board. I would be so grateful!
Old 3rd April 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Hi,

I know this an old post, but are you still looking?

I've got a Claptrap here and I can pop the lid off. I'd be interested to see the schematics too...
Old 30th August 2017
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
This is an old thread but here's a shot of the curcuitboard of an old Musicaid Claptrap without humanize button.

And here with the names of the semiconductors
Old 30th August 2017
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Next step would be to identify which semiconductor correspond to which in the schematic which can be found at Synfo:
SYNTHESIZER SERVICE MANUALS - FREE DOWNLOAD
Old 31st August 2017
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I have made quite a thorough check now and I believe these are the correct references for the IC:s in the schematics.
However I'm not 100% sure and there are also some deviations between my older version of Claptrap and the one in the schematic.
Especially input pins on op-amps are not always identical. But I'm sure it's quite useful anyway.
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…