Quantcast
Bad left channel in hafler p3000 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bad left channel in hafler p3000
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 5 years

Hi, sorry if this is not the best place to post this.

I have a hafler p3000 paired with Yorkville YSM1 monitors and I've been experimenting some "cracking"(physical and sound) when I turn up/down the left potentiometer on the amplifier. So I have pulled of the knob and it was kinda loose compared to the right pot, which is perfectly nice.

Now, after a week, there's no more output in the left channel, but I don't think it is completely dead, so, is this just another "replace that piece" fix? or the left channel is dead?
What else do you recommend to a noob?

I have noticed that there are replacements for the potentiometer on ebay, and the seller has sold a few, so this might be a common issue with the hafler p series

Bad left channel in hafler p3000Hafler P1500 P3000 P4000 P7000 Replacement Front Panel Potentiomer New | eBay

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 5 years
bump
Old 3rd February 2013
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years

I've seen many of those pots go bad. If you have a scope and a sine wave generator, you can test it, using a dummy load on the amp. I would recommend having a technician with experience test it for you, though, as there are some "high" voltages inside the amp.
Old 3rd February 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Hi
If it has not blown any fuses or set fire to your speakers then it is probably just a 'duff pot' issue.
Those referenced look pretty cheap and chearful.
It may be the 'knob' has been bashed at some point and the pot is simply falling apart but it may be wise to get a new one in there.
Matt S
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…