Alesis HD24 dead - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Alesis HD24 dead
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Question Alesis HD24 dead

Hi,

I have an Alesis HD24 for that I've been using for some time. Last time I went to use it I tried powering it up and the fan came on but no lighting on the front or anything would happen. There was a loud signal that would come out of all of the analog outputs. I'm looking for a repair center or some advice on repairing it.

Thanks,

Kirk Thompson
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
most likely some voltage rail in the Power supply fried
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
There is an HD24 Yahoo group that can probably help you out. They have lots of very knowledgeable folks.

Google HD24 Yahoo group. I am not sure if you have to join up to ask your question. I am an HD24 owner and joined a few years ago. I get emails from the group every day. I bet someone there will help you out.
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
See my last post....
Note ...this repair requires whosoever attempts it to have knowledge of Testing and repairing SMPSU's,
And all rails should be tested disconnected from the unit first
Be warned !, or you will have a very expensive doorstop.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/geeks...adat-hd24.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightshine ➑️
Google HD24 Yahoo group. I am not sure if you have to join up to ask your question. I am an HD24 owner and joined a few years ago. I get emails from the group every day. I bet someone there will help you out.
I doubt it ....its a mush of technical misinformation
Old 23rd January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2udio ➑️
See my last post....
Note ...this repair requires whosoever attempts it to have knowledge of Testing and repairing SMPSU's,
And all rails should be tested disconnected from the unit first
Be warned !, or you will have a very expensive doorstop.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/geeks...adat-hd24.html

I doubt it ....its a mush of technical misinformation
Sorry if offering a large group of world wide users is bad info. Maybe one of them can answer his question about where to get his HD24 serviced?? I guess that is not a good idea? I never suggested he repair the unit himself.
Why don't you point him to a repair center so he can get the unit fixed?
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
HD24

Thanks guys, I am a member of the Alesis HD24 group and I too get emails daily. I have asked and got hundreds of answers. The one I wish I could get would be.. (example) Yeah Jimmy Williams does all my repairs and he is reasonable.. his number is 123.456.7890.

I didn't mean to get an uproar started here..

Thanks,

Kirk
Old 23rd January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Kirk ➑️
Thanks guys, I am a member of the Alesis HD24 group and I too get emails daily. I have asked and got hundreds of answers. The one I wish I could get would be.. (example) Yeah Jimmy Williams does all my repairs and he is reasonable.. his number is 123.456.7890.

I didn't mean to get an uproar started here..

Thanks,

Kirk
You might just want to call Alesis and ask whom they would recommend.
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I wonder if there is really anyone at "Alesis" anymore, or if it is just the "high-end" label for Numark? Yes, I am bitter that they have abandoned the HD24 and not even produced an equivalent follow-on product.

I have a rebuilt HD24 power supply module which I bought to try to fix my HD24, but it turned out that there was nothing wrong with the power supply, so my "spare" is sitting here on the shelf gathering dust.

My HD24 (which I converted to XR with the EC2 upgrade) died in transit back from Europe as checked baggage. Apparently there is a hairline crack in the massive motherboard. Chances of fixing that are apparently zero. :-(
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Guru
Those power supplies are pretty easy to fix, at least according to my tech, Jimmy Williams. Usually the switch transistor is out, put a new one in. The rest is diodes and caps. There are other parts that switch on the fan and stuff, that is probably ok. They used pretty small filter caps on those, like 330 uf for the negative rails. Use 1000 uf or more and that helps.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…