Quantcast
Maxcon II master section diagrams or experienced service engineer - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Maxcon II master section diagrams or experienced service engineer
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Maxcon II master section diagrams or experienced service engineer

any one have any experience with a cad maxcon II desk or diagrams
my right output is 1 vot lower then the left and i would like to trace it back to the point of the problem but I don't have the right diagrams' i will put the diagrams I have to see if any can shed any light on it.

what i would like to know is where is the input to the master stage, I can not seem to find the summing amplifier this is a very complicated desk any assistance would be much appreciated,

the diagrams are a little faint but if you zoom to 125% and tilt the screen back a little it gets better

diagrams are here
http://www.k5studios.co.uk/downloads...ndrawings5.zip
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It looks like the L and R summing amps are U1 on "scan 6" (master 2 of 3).

Bri
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thanks Bri
Am I missing some diagrams, because I can not see the main out stage I think U1 is the summing amp for monitor section?, and am wondering if the problem may be further up the chain, what do you think.
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
All I can say is that lines labeled L and R come into that module along with solo L and R, and subs and auxes. Without knowing the signal flow of the desk, I can't comment any further.

Bri
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
It would be good to know what the signal is suppose to do, I followed the signal back to U1 and its the same all the way back which is why i suspected that there may be more further back.
I will try looking at the channels to see what they are putting out.

or may be find a CAD person who's got some insight on the desk or diagrams.
Thanks for looking at the diagrams Bri
Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Do you have a block/signal flow diagram that you can post? From what I can deduce via the schematics, it looks pretty straight forward, but there may be something that is not readily evident in the signal flow.

Bri
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thats all I have no block diagram, I would like to see an over view as well then its possible to work out what's missing am a bit surprised that no one has a diagram or has worked on one but they may just not be reading this post, there is a CAD forum but no one seems to be using it much one member suggested I try analogueconsole.com for which i registered but all I got back was their board will need to consider my application and get back to me that was over a week ago I tried three times but nothing yet.
am planning to have a look at the desk over the weekend so I will see how I get on poking around.
Old 17th April 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
There were (at least) two versions of the Master section, the first full-blown (and crowded) one and a second simpler one. I can't help you with the second one, but here's a little info on the first one.

The master bus summing is done at U14 (left on pin 7, right on pin 1), and auxes at U15 and U16. They're all straightforward inverting sum circuits. There's a mistake on my schematic and the submaster sum chip numbers aren't in the table. They MIGHT be U1, U3, U5, U7, etc. or might not.

Each of the summing points is followed by a two-op-amp circuit called a DC servo that looks for and nulls out any DC component in the summed signal without using a DC blocking capacitor in the signal path. If your master section has offset-nulling trimpots in the DC servo circuits (the early Maxcons did), you want to make sure to adjust those for 0 volts DC at the servo outputs.

The circuit flow is pretty straightforward, there's just a lot of stuff there. Here's a scan of a really bad copy of the block diagram:

I've got some of the schematics as C-size plots but no good way to scan them in whole, and they're faded and faint.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maxcon_BlockDiagram_sm.pdf.pdf (1.96 MB, 110 views)
Old 20th April 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thats great I had given up for a bit, I will come back to it at least i will now what section am looking at now
Thanks for the diagram
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…