Quantcast
half normalling solder TT patchbay, help? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
half normalling solder TT patchbay, help?
Old 12th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
half normalling solder TT patchbay, help?

Hi guys need some help. I need to half normal two channels on my tt patchbay. I have no idea how to connect the wiring to do this. I've searched through google and found images like the one I have attached however I have no idea how to read it. I just need a basic image, actual photo from the back of a connector half normalled so I can solder the correct wires to the correct terminals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
half normalling solder TT patchbay, help?-connectorsjfhalfnormal_l.jpg  
Old 12th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years

Every manufacturer makes the interrupted TRS jacks a bit different.

Look at the diagram you have there and figure out what solder tabs correspond to which parts shown there.

There are tabs which contact the plug, when inserted and tabs that break contact from those when the plug is inserted.

...or you could hire someone to do it at a local electronics repair.

-tINY

Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
As tINY says, there is no generic answer to your question. It depends on exactly what you are dealing with. To answer your question to your satisfaction would require either a really good photo of the jack stack (from the side so we can see all the leaves), or else the identity (make, model#) so we could look up the same info from the mfg's website.

To people who have done it before, it is obvious upon inspection, but that doesn't help people with no previous experience tracing it out.

What kind of documentation do you have now? Are the connector terminals labeled in any way?
Old 13th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
It's all good man I was able to find some documentation on the audio accessories website. Finally figured it out. :-)
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…