pultec pinouts (which terminal is +/-) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
pultec pinouts (which terminal is +/-)
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
pultec pinouts (which terminal is +/-)

ok,
i finally got around to wiring direct pigtail connections to my 3 pultecs (2 eqp1a3's and 1 eqh2) from my patchbay. previously i had pigtail to xlr's that came w/ each unit that were then connected to another xlr wired into bay. however i pulled the xlr/pigtails without really looking at what +/- had been wired to. on all three of my pultecs there are a sequence of 5 terminals, 2 in 2 out and a shared ground in the middle. however i am not sure which one is plus and which is minus. if i have it flipped wont my output signal be 180 deg out of phase relative to input? i run a lot of mults so this seems bad. i am guessing they are all pinned out the same. anyone know the "official" pultec pinout for epq1a3 and eqh2?

electric
Old 17th June 2006
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
I recently demo'ed some pairs and one pair was marked with the positive terminals on the outside, i.e., the two negative terminals were nearest to the center ground terminal. That seemed to work correctly.

I also assume all the Pultecs are the same..............but that is an assumption on my part. There are a number of Pultec users here, so I'm sure somebody will chime in.

Also, you may want to use a 600-ohm termination resistor, per discussion here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270000057584
Old 20th June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
I guess no other Pultec owners spotted this thread. I'd like some confirmation that the "positives outside" wiring is correct. I can test it, of course, but if some Pultec owners can confirm, it will just save a little time.
Thanks.
Old 20th June 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
had to determine + and - on my eqh2 via cancellation tests... flipping pin 2 and 3 wires on output (or input) see which way does not cancel the signal you put thru it.
i'm glad i did this because for some reason the terminals on my unit were NOT set up as most other pultecs are (i.e. as electric describes).
Old 7th March 2007 | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
hey there. i'm too late to this thread to help you but i ended up here with the same question. i can now confirm that my pultecs are indeed "outside hot" thus leading me to believe this is standard in pultecs. thanks!
Old 9th March 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Most Pultecs are wired with + on the outside terminals but on some units, + and - on the outs are reversed. A termination resistor should be added to the output terminals.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…